The right place for religion

Go Gators

Please nakedyak...

What you said digusts me. You lump gays, minorities, poor people, and terrorists, and non-conservatives into a group and then imply that not supporting them should be encouraged by society.

I'm not saying anything more. If I said what I'm thinking right now, I'd be banned in a New York minute.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an example, Southern Baptists are, by any definition, extremely religious people. Some of the most racist, bigoted people I have ever met are Southern Baptists. Justify that!

Some of the most racist, bigoted people I have ever met are non-Southern Baptists...

Thats quite a claim...

Would you say that Christian messageboard members are protected from attacks by Gays or other people here?
We will not allow Christians to be bashed on this forum. However this does not mean that people calling themselves "Christian" can use their religion to bash others because this is what they "believe". Islamic militants believe they will go paradise where they can screw 72 virgins if they blow up non-believers. That doesn't mean they should be allowed to do this because this is how they choose to interpret their scripture. On this forum this means that people can't bash Gays because they believe the Bible tells them to. When I stop that it is not Christian bashing, but it is often criticized as such.
...Because that certainly isn't the case in society. These days it seems very acceptable to bash Christians, as long as you support gays, minorities, poor people, terrorists, and generally anyone other than conservatives. But if Christians receive little toleration from the very people who claim to practice it.
My experience is totally opposite of this. Truely faithful Christians don't concern themselves with religion based politics, changing the sexuality of other, etc etc. It has no bearing on their relationship with their higher power which is the whole point of religion in the first place. Just like the Islamic terrorist, its the people who used Christianity to justify bigotry that receive little toleration and are subject to the criticism. Of course these people will claim they are under attack which is part of their plan.

From my experience true good Christians don't equate Gays, minorities, and the poor to terrorists. The first three are a state of being, the last is act. Big difference. Likewise, as far as I know, Christanity does not limit itself to those who are registered with the USA's Republican party, are politically conservative or are rich. Do you actually think that Jesus did not support poor people? If anything, it was the rich that were the most un-Christianlike in the Bible.

It also says that CONGRESS shall make no law - not a messageboard, or other people. So in fact, we the people can say and do WHATEVER we want pertaining to religion, or how we feel. The constitution says NOTHING about keeping religion "out of the public realm" or anything like that.
I've already addressed this but I will repeat myself again. You can not say or do anything you want on this forum. It always amazes me when people show up who think they can and my only assumption is they were never taught to respect other people. (very un-Christianlike if you ask me)

By registering here you agreed to read and follow the posted rules of this forum and doing anything beyond those rules will get you a fairly negative response from the staff here. We do have to put up with a lot of crap everyday from people who feel their way is the only way. Follow the rules here and you won't have trouble. Break our rules and you are gone. It's as simple as that. Remember nobody is forced to register and post at UrbanPlanet.

I will add that for the vast majority of our forumers, our rules are no issue.

Archived