Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone noticed the small 3 story building under construction between 8th and 9th on Tryon? It is or was Tic Toc. It looks like a 2nd and 3rd story are being added to a one story building. I saw it from a distance when crossing 9th yesterday and didnt gather a close look. Seems like interesting small infill that downtown needs.

Has anyone noticed the small 3 story building under construction between 8th and 9th on Tryon? It is or was Tic Toc. It looks like a 2nd and 3rd story are being added to a one story building. I saw it from a distance when crossing 9th yesterday and didnt gather a close look. Seems like interesting small infill that downtown needs.

It's a personal residence for the owner of the building. Kind of cool, really. There's a brief mention here. I think it's also been mentioned elsewhere on these boards.

the courthouse parking deck is an intriguing place for retail/restaurants... i'm not sure what to think of the potential for business there. Yeah, it's close to the courthouse and govt ctr, but so far removed from uptown center or other big offices... we'll see i guess. Quizno's is a safe start. I'd like to see a pub/bar or convenience store type of place in there...

Here's another one, The Piazza on West Morehead. The CCP development report states that it could be 16 stories. I dont recall seeing it mentioned anywhere on the boards, but may have missed it. Its in the 3rd ward section of the report.

I wonder if Sno-white cleaners, which was on that site for a generation, could open a retail outlet there.

Well, the parking deck will be getting a dry cleaners, but it will have no connection to Sno-White. It will be called Back By Five

It really catches the eye. I noticed that for the first time on Friday.

I cannot believe that it might actually be nearing completion. It will be the end of an era. I'm sure Dan Morrill will seek historic status for the construction fence around that site, it has been there so long.

^Really... I'm surprised there aren't sideview mirrors caught in that fence. If you're stuck in that left-most lane driving toward College, it's like, grip the wheel, close your eyes, slam on the gas and pray you don't hit the fence or the cars on your right side. Maybe they could incorporate that fence, paint stains and all, into the Nascar HOF.

I'm imagining some guy finally proven innocent in court, and walking outside shaking hands with everybody, and meeting a untimely demise by way of a Saab driver with his eyes closed. :)

Don't worry, though, he probably got off on a technicality.

• 1 month later...

aloft is an offshoot of the W product, so I'm sure the question will come up often.

Theoretically it has already broken ground. I think they expect it to be done within a year, which seems likely considering how fast they are moving with construction, and this is only roughly a 15 story building.

Time for an update on Uptown projects?

Actually, what needs to be changed?

Here is what I need to add, but all of them are proposals, unannounced projects, and/or possibly just rumors:

- Renaissance Place redevelopment

- 7 acre Blvd Co mixed use project on by Church and Bland

- Possible condo tower at Trade and Caldwell

- Removal of 615 E Morehead

- Commuter Rail VMF behind J&W Dorms

What else am I missing at this point?

I was looking through some files, and found something I haven't seen yet. It looks like new rederings of Two Corporate Center, but it's impossible, due to the fact it is on the Ritz Carlton site. Just thought i'd post this.

http://www.dudapaine.com/home.html

Click on Commercial, then on the icon on the very bottom left, right above master planning. A nice looking tower, very much like BofA Corp. Oh well. I've never seen renderings of this. How long ago was it cancelled?

On the site:

Client: Lincoln Harris

Two Corporate Center is a multi-use commercial complex located on College Street directly across from Founders Hall and the Bank of America Corporate Center in Downtown Charlotte. The Center combines 540,000 square feet of Class 'A' Office Space with a 200-room Executive Hotel, and 24,000 square feet of retail space within its three lobby levels. The thirty-one-story Office Tower is situated on axis with the sixty-story Bank of America Corporate Tower and is connected to Founders Hall by a skywalk over College Street at its sky lobby level. Two levels of below-grade parking and another six above will accommodate more than 600 cars.

Archived