Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does mention it has a 200 room executive hotel in it. Maybe the Ritz won't be stand-alone but inclusive in this tower. This is the first I've heard of this though.

This rendering has been around for a loooooooooooooong time... years. I think they were planning to build it around the time they were planning gateway village... they have since announced the stand-alone ritz carlton. I think they are eyeing a spot further down tryon for more office.

This rendering has been around for a loooooooooooooong time... years. I think they were planning to build it around the time they were planning gateway village... they have since announced the stand-alone ritz carlton. I think they are eyeing a spot further down tryon for more office.

That must've been when I was out of the "loop."

The second rendering was actually on the front page of the Observer around early 2001 and there was a big write up on it by Dougie. Like 4FU, it went nowhere. It was to be developed by Lincoln-Harris and I remember a quote from the article (from someone interviewed for the story) that said something like, "This is how downtown gets built. People like Johnny Harris call up Hugh McColl and say, 'Let's build us a skyscraper'." You can see how that turned out. Maybe DeeDee Harris had her hands in this one too.

Yea, I heard about this a long time ago, but never saw renderings. I was just looking at their site and came across that. Anyone know anything about the Days Inn site? Hopefully BofA would consider it, maybe?

I'm related to a part owner of the Days Inn site. All I can tell you is that there has been significant interest in the site and it's only a matter of time until potential suitors get serious about re-development.

^I used to work at Odell/525 N Tryon when it first opened a few years ago. Rumor back then (2000-01) had it that BofA desperately wanted to redevelop that site but the owner(s) of the Days Inn had some air tight lease and were unwaivering. So, I guess this may be residential then?

http://www.dudapaine.com/home.html

Click on Commercial, then on the icon on the very bottom left, right above master planning. A nice looking tower, very much like BofA Corp. Oh well. I've never seen renderings of this. How long ago was it cancelled?

Did anyone notice - on that site - the renderings for "Time Warner Cable Corporate HQ" in Charlotte? What's the story with that project?

Did anyone notice - on that site - the renderings for "Time Warner Cable Corporate HQ" in Charlotte? What's the story with that project?

Hmmm. I've never heard of it but it looks like it is(was?) planned to go right here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Ch...013561&t=k&om=1

Right across from Microsoft's campus.

Only one of the buildings has been built and I think they nixed the other 2. Its on Arrowood, about a half mile from 77. A good amount of corporate positions came here from NYC and I think Denver.

The building is very glassy and looks great IMO.

Someone help me here. I've got a copy of next weeks Biz Journal and am reading an article about the CATS Gateway station plans. It's an interview with David Carroll, who is a CATS engineer. He mentions a coupe times in here about "the two 27-story Trinity Partner condo towers" that will be adjacent to their station, and that "you've seen pictures in the paper of the Trinity development". What the heck is this?? Is this the Polk Building site he's talking about? The only Trinity pic I've seen for that land is one 10-ish story building. Does anybody know any more about these two 27 story towers that apparently "we've all seen"?

Nope.....I know that Trinity had two concepts in the work....the 10-12 story one that was published, and then a high-rise concept that would include one tower in the 1st Phase, and then another in a later phase. I was under the impression that they had abandoned the high-rise strategy, but maybe it's comeback. If so, it'll be interesting to see if they keep the apartment component.

But to answer you question, yes, the only thing Trinity is working on in that area is the Polk Building site.

Nope.....I know that Trinity had two concepts in the work....the 10-12 story one that was published, and then a high-rise concept that would include one tower in the 1st Phase, and then another in a later phase. I was under the impression that they had abandoned the high-rise strategy, but maybe it's comeback. If so, it'll be interesting to see if they keep the apartment component.

But to answer you question, yes, the only thing Trinity is working on in that area is the Polk Building site.

Are we looking at 2007 before they start construction atlrvr? I forget. :)

A2

Hmmmm....I've obviously fallen out of the loop on this one, but I had always heard this would be a late 2006 early 2007 groundbreaking, but everything has moved much slower than anticipated on this project, though much of that had to do with contaminated soil on the site which has since been remediated......if I had to bet money, I would say ground breaking March 2007.

Hmmmm....I've obviously fallen out of the loop on this one, but I had always heard this would be a late 2006 early 2007 groundbreaking, but everything has moved much slower than anticipated on this project, though much of that had to do with contaminated soil on the site which has since been remediated......if I had to bet money, I would say ground breaking March 2007.

Alrighty then. I will follow suit and put my chips on Red 307. :P Thanks for the update.

A2

• 4 weeks later...

Archived