Conway Technology Park

tim2462

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, the technology park. There have been rumors of some business looking at locating there for months, but so far nothing can be confirmed. It is still a very good investment. With most land around here getting turned into housing, having some land set aside for potential industry is a good idea.

I think the business you may be referring to is what was to be a call center. No one ever said officially what company it was going to be, but sources told arkansas business that it was going to be a dish network call center, employing around 500 people initially. They decided not to locate in Conway and chose a city in Texas instead. The reason stated was that the incomes in Conway are too high.

Good news. This is certainly an area I think Arkansas needs to get more into. If Arkansas continues to rely so much on manufacturing it's going to probably going to bite the state in the rear one of these days. With today's globalization more manufacturing jobs are probably going to be leaving the state. Just look at Ft Smith to see that happening. Anyone have any ideas how many tech parks there are around the state? I know Fayetteville has one but I'd really like to see the city do a little more with it.

Archived