Bush uses fear for political gains

cityboi

I think we have to be honest with ourselves about the direction of our nation and vote for someone who is going to really change our nation for the better because things are really bleak right now for many Americans. Now is not a time to use "fear" for political gains. Ironically, as the democratic caucuses are grabbing the national spot light, Bush makes an early state of the union address and the terrorist level rises to elevated. It really makes you kind of wonder if some of these threats are being fabricated or facts of certain threat are being munipulated to inject fear in Americans. It also makes you wonder why that color coded system really was put into place in the first place. I think Bush knows that as long as the element of fear is alive, he will get more support. He will keep that fear alive as a crutch to try to get re-elected and preach the message that commander in chiefs should not change in a time of war. If American feels too secure, they will focus more on our domestic problems. This is the area in which Bush has really disappointed our nation. I only hope that Americans can see through the smoke and mirrors and vote for a change in America.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree. Notice how the first 35 minutes of the State of the Union he was talking about the war on terror? I got so sick of listening to his crap about the war. Then when he finally did talk about domestic issues I agreed with nothing that he said. I finally got so disgusted I turned it off.

The war on terror is what is keeping his approval ratings so high, which is why he focuses so much on that. If he focused on the domestic issues, his approval rating would be much lower.

Archived