The Shoppes at North Hills

tim2462

Target Greatland's are generally around 150,000 square feet with an expanded form of general merchandize and a limited amont of grocery space. Supertagets are generally around 175,000 sq. feet an feature full line grocery (bakery, deli, baked goods, etc) with a large selection of General Merchandise as well.

The grocery space in a Target Greatland is larger than grocery space in a normal Target, but less than in a Supertarget. Target Greatlands are being phased out though, so I wouldn't expect to see many of them in the future.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Target Greatland's are generally around 150,000 square feet with an expanded form of general merchandize and a limited amont of grocery space. Supertagets are generally around 175,000 sq. feet an feature full line grocery (bakery, deli, baked goods, etc) with a large selection of General Merchandise as well.

The grocery space in a Target Greatland is larger than grocery space in a normal Target, but less than in a Supertarget. Target Greatlands are being phased out though, so I wouldn't expect to see many of them in the future.

Yeah, a Target near where I live in Dallas was recently converted to a Super Target and it has a really limited grocery section compared to the other Super Targets around. That probably would've been a "Greatland" a few years ago I guess.

• 3 months later...

Here's the info on the LR location from Bass Pro's website:

Springfield, MO-America's most popular outdoor store and major internet and catalog retailer, Bass Pro Shops, has signed a letter of intent with the Belz Burrow Development Group to open a Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in North Little Rock, Arkansas. This 125,000 square foot retail store will be part of the new 70 acres Shoppes at North Hills retail/entertainment development located where Interstate 40 and Interstate 30 intersect with Highway 67.

"We are very grateful to Marty Belz and Bruce Burrow, the developers of the Shoppes at North Hills for bringing us this exciting opportunity, and to Mayor Pat Hayden for allowing us to share in the community vision of North Little Rock," said Bass Pro Shops President and COO, Jim Hagale.

The new store will be Bass Pro Shops; first store in the state of Arkansas and will offer a comprehensive collection of outdoor gear. Shoppers can shop a huge selection of fishing, hunting, camping, and marine items, and visit clothing, gift and footwear departments. The store will also feature the area's largest boat center offering such famous brands as Nitro, Tracker, SeaCraft and more. The store is expected to employ approximately 250 people.

"We will offer the people and visitors of Arkansas a broad selection of quality products at great prices and support our customers with expert information and services related to outdoor activities," continued Hagale.

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World - Little Rock will showcase unique interior motifs that include a waterfall and aquarium, murals, museum quality trophy fish and wildlife exhibits, and other artifacts and memorabilia representing the heritage of hunting and fishing in Arkansas.

Springfield, MO-America's most popular outdoor store and major internet and catalog retailer, Bass Pro Shops, has signed a letter of intent with the Belz Burrow Development Group to open a Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in North Little Rock, Arkansas. This 125,000 square foot retail store will be part of the new 70 acres Shoppes at North Hills retail/entertainment development located where Interstate 40 and Interstate 30 intersect with Highway 67.

"We are very grateful to Marty Belz and Bruce Burrow, the developers of the Shoppes at North Hills for bringing us this exciting opportunity, and to Mayor Pat Hayden for allowing us to share in the community vision of North Little Rock," said Bass Pro Shops President and COO, Jim Hagale.

The new store will be Bass Pro Shops; first store in the state of Arkansas and will offer a comprehensive collection of outdoor gear. Shoppers can shop a huge selection of fishing, hunting, camping, and marine items, and visit clothing, gift and footwear departments. The store will also feature the area's largest boat center offering such famous brands as Nitro, Tracker, SeaCraft and more. The store is expected to employ approximately 250 people.

"We will offer the people and visitors of Arkansas a broad selection of quality products at great prices and support our customers with expert information and services related to outdoor activities," continued Hagale.

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World - Little Rock will showcase unique interior motifs that include a waterfall and aquarium, murals, museum quality trophy fish and wildlife exhibits, and other artifacts and memorabilia representing the heritage of hunting and fishing in Arkansas.

The above was from a press release 6 months ago. I liked the way they changed Mayor Hays name to Hayden. Belz and Burrow had a website for their company MBC Holdings but it is no longer online. The Shoppes at North Hills has a website which looks to be 3 years old. It has details on the Wetland Park that was to be included in the development. The Shoppes st North Hills

Personally, I couldn't care less about Bass Pro Shop - just not my thing. But does anyone else think this is sort of a lame location? I mean, many other locations seem to be paired with a more innovative development - like the one in Bossier that is adjacent to a downtown retail center on the river. This is just going to come off as a K-Mart adjacent to a freeway off-ramp.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Bass Pro Shop - just not my thing. But does anyone else think this is sort of a lame location? I mean, many other locations seem to be paired with a more innovative development - like the one in Bossier that is adjacent to a downtown retail center on the river. This is just going to come off as a K-Mart adjacent to a freeway off-ramp.

Actually, I think the one in Bossier was more of an exception than the rule. Most are around malls. The new one in Rowlett, near Dallas, is on the lake off of I-30 and I really like the location because you can try he boats out on a busy lake, kind of like building it on Lake Hamilton or something. However, that one is freestanding and not associated with other retail.

There's nothing to indicate that this Bass Pro will include a Islamorada Fish Company, something many of the new ones have. I don't know about the locations in Bass Pros but I've been to the original Islamorada in the Florida Keys and it is excellent. The one in Rowlett will have one and I was hoping the one in NLR would as well.

I'm not a bit Bass Pro person, either, but it's a big deal for most Arkansans. The majority of Arkansans hunt or fish and would enjoy it. If they carry much in the way of hiking or kayaking supplies I might like it as well.

I'm not a hunter, nor a fisher....but, I love Bass Pro Shop.

First off, they are a tourist destination within themsevles.

They also have more than just hunting/fishing stuff.

Even though I HATE hunting & fishing...I love the outdoors.

I especially like camping...and bass pro has a huge camping

section with things you can't find anywhere else. Having one

in your area is a huge asset...it attracts people traveling through

that may not have stopped to spend money here otherwise. The one in Memphis is a joke...it's like Gander Mtn, in an old wal-mart. They're supposed to turn the Pyramid into a huge bass pro, but haven't heard about that in a while. I love the one in Nashville, I also love the fact that

it's part of a mall. I love Opry Mills Mall. I thought the one in Springfield was "neat," but there were so many people in there, you couldn't walk and shop without people running you over...so that made me hate that one. Anyway, we wll be lucky to get one...if they ever build it.

Actually, I think the one in Bossier was more of an exception than the rule. Most are around malls. The new one in Rowlett, near Dallas, is on the lake off of I-30 and I really like the location because you can try he boats out on a busy lake, kind of like building it on Lake Hamilton or something. However, that one is freestanding and not associated with other retail.

There's nothing to indicate that this Bass Pro will include a Islamorada Fish Company, something many of the new ones have. I don't know about the locations in Bass Pros but I've been to the original Islamorada in the Florida Keys and it is excellent. The one in Rowlett will have one and I was hoping the one in NLR would as well.

I'm not a bit Bass Pro person, either, but it's a big deal for most Arkansans. The majority of Arkansans hunt or fish and would enjoy it. If they carry much in the way of hiking or kayaking supplies I might like it as well.

The new one in Branson is 40,000 sq. feet and it has a restaurant called the White River Fish Co. Most of the new one's have Islamaroda Fish Co. I would expect that if LR built a Bass Pro beyond 100,000 sq. feet, that an Islamorada Fish Co.

have they started any site work yet?

I was under the impression they have.

I have no doubt the project will be completed. You have a very reliable anchor that will attract traffic in and of itself and as good a location as you can get north of the river. Belz has ample money for this sort of project, so that's not an issue, and he's already spent quite a bit to make it happen.

Mcheiss, it's supposed to be 150,000 SF, so I hope so.

I would expect it to. I've eaten at the Islamorada Fish Co. in Islamorada, Florida as well. Extremly delicious.

The atmosphere obviously wouldn't be the same at the chain locations but I wonder about the food. That one in Islamorada has fresh grouper and other fish. It's tough to do that this far inland. We'll see.

The atmosphere obviously wouldn't be the same at the chain locations but I wonder about the food. That one in Islamorada has fresh grouper and other fish. It's tough to do that this far inland. We'll see.

It can get quite pricy to fly stuff like that in. Bonefish in Rogers flies in fish, not sure what kinds other than Salmon. I would expect Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, Snapper, Lobster, etc.

It can get quite pricy to fly stuff like that in. Bonefish in Rogers flies in fish, not sure what kinds other than Salmon. I would expect Mahi Mahi, Yellowfin Tuna, Snapper, Lobster, etc.

I'm glad to see LR is getting a Bonefish as well. It's not a 5-star restaurant or anything but it's solid seafood. They're gradually moving out of the Southeast.

• 2 months later...

I suspected as much, I drove by at night and thought the same but couldn't really tell - they don't call it "Dark Hollow" for nothing.

So, I guess the question is "Why?"

Again, I would suggest it hasn't happened b/c of a lack of tenants. A theater, sure. Bass Pro Shop, inevitable I suppose. But who else that hasn't already located at McCain/67-167?

Again, I would suggest it hasn't happened b/c of a lack of tenants. A theater, sure. Bass Pro Shop, inevitable I suppose. But who else that hasn't already located at McCain/67-167?

No tenants would've changed since the initial announcement. They had a "discount store" lined up - large enough it basically had to be a Sam's or Costco. A movie theatre that still is needed as Lakewood isn't stadium seating yet, one of the few in the region that isn't. A department store was part of it, whomever that might be (Dunlop's or Belk's?). Not much has been built since the initial announcement in the 67/167 corridor that I would've thought was intended for this shopping center.

I wonder how many tenants are jumping on West LR instead. Stores like World Market, etc are going to be more prone to look at the I-430 corridor based on demographics and we know proposed developments are jumping up all over the place out there.

Maybe the real reason is that access road has to be started on or built first, just like the road delays probably delayed Promenade at Chenal as well. You can't build a shopping center you can't reach.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled that TIF money that would've gone to schools can't be diverted to other projects, killing a source of revenue that was going to provide the access roads and infrastructure changes needed to build this development.

Will Belz-Burrow still build it? Will Bass Pro do their own thing somewhere else in Pulaski Co if it falls through? Stay tuned.

Today the Arkansas Supreme Court ruled that TIF money that would've gone to schools can't be diverted to other projects, killing a source of revenue that was going to provide the access roads and infrastructure changes needed to build this development.

Will Belz-Burrow still build it? Will Bass Pro do their own thing somewhere else in Pulaski Co if it falls through? Stay tuned.

Amazing to think that Bass Pro was going to build in the Otter Creek area until they were lured away by NLR....shame really.

Amazing to think that Bass Pro was going to build in the Otter Creek area until they were lured away by NLR....shame really.

I'd like to see it built in downtown LR/NLR or midtown LR if possible. Downtown would allow them to sell boats directly on the water the way they do at some newer locations, including the Rowlett (Dallas) location. I think it could help jumpstart retail in those areas and it's the kind of "destination" that could lure people into the heart of the city that don't normally spend much time there. I always thought Otter Creek was just too remote and hard to find.

A lot of people kind of hate on Bass Pro. I think it's neat thing and is a big draw for a huge part of rural Arkansas that normally might not spend a lot of money in Pulaski Co.

Archived