The Shoppes at North Hills

tim2462

You may want to check the end of the article where it says that Otis the Head Cat is an article of fabrication. Never trust what a cat writes.

I suspect that the "King of Parkhill" is aware that Odus is a cat and dead. The quote was posted as a joke.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just reported by Arkansas Business. At this point, I think they need to move on to a new location. With the amount of space that is available around NLR (Cohn's, Linens 'n' Things, etc.), I think they can find somewhere that doesn't involve this much effort and ill will.

Judge Orders Bass Pro Shops Permit Revoked

By Arkansas Business Staff

11/5/2008 3:34:33 PM

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to revoke the permit granted to the would-be developers of the Shoppes at North Hills, a shopping center anchored by Bass Pro Shops to be located in the wetlands of Dark Hollow in North Little Rock.

U.S. District Judge William R. Wilson granted a summary judgment motion by the plaintiffs, Guy Choate and Jeffrey Rickman, who challenged the Corps' approval of the site plan on the grounds that the permit violated the National Environmental Policy Act.

This just reported by Arkansas Business. At this point, I think they need to move on to a new location. With the amount of space that is available around NLR (Cohn's, Linens 'n' Things, etc.), I think they can find somewhere that doesn't involve this much effort and ill will.

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to revoke the permit granted to the would-be developers of the Shoppes at North Hills, a shopping center anchored by Bass Pro Shops to be located in the wetlands of Dark Hollow in North Little Rock.

U.S. District Judge William R. Wilson granted a summary judgment motion by the plaintiffs, Guy Choate and Jeffrey Rickman, who challenged the Corps' approval of the site plan on the grounds that the permit violated the National Environmental Policy Act.

It would be nice if Bass Pro was actually on the river so you could put your boat on it etc....but that's wishful thinking...

Again, I'm of the opinion that this is a development that the market does not need, and may not be able to support - especially at this time (economic downturn). I would personally prefer to see the existing McCain Mall shopping corridor receive this attention and investment.

Again, I'm of the opinion that this is a development that the market does not need, and may not be able to support - especially at this time (economic downturn). I would personally prefer to see the existing McCain Mall shopping corridor receive this attention and investment.

Maybe the prospect of this development is what has kept Simon from revamping McCain Mall. Even in a good economy, its very doubtful North Little Rock would support both developments. Maybe once the economy starts to recover, we can see the long awaited renewing of McCain.

Maybe the prospect of this development is what has kept Simon from revamping McCain Mall. Even in a good economy, its very doubtful North Little Rock would support both developments. Maybe once the economy starts to recover, we can see the long awaited renewing of McCain.

I would certainly like to see that and I don't even live in NLR. I do think anything that is going into the Shoppes at North Hills would be better to fill in space in the McCain area. But developers don't do things because they're good for an area, they do it where it makes the most economic sense for them. Although, even that seems to be better in the McCain area, too.

• 1 year later...

I think that a bass pro would do really well in Little Rock metro, but not at this complex. And i for one am really happy this didnt go through, at least not when there is 1 that is empty(SC), 1 that is being filled up(P@C) and 1 that hasnt even been built yet(P.A.).

Maybe they can build onto McCain Mall or SC. I know for a fact that they are still very intrested in the LR market.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This topic can finally be closed out. Arkansas Business reports that the Shoppes at North Hills site has been sold to the First Pentecostal Church.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/90400/shoppes-site-sold?utm_source=enews_012813&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily-report&utm_campaign=newsletter&enews_zone=195006

Archived