Welcome 2006

GRGridGirl

Instead of making resolutions this year, I'm finding new quotes to live by. Do you have a quote (new or old) that helps you get through the day?

In addition, what words do you think need to be added to spell check &/or placed in the dictionary? Local & national used words. For example:

National

Google

Wi-fi

Blog

Local:

Heartwell

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the term "Logie" for when a prominent citizen voices a strong oppisition to a project in a nasty letter. For example, "Oh, wow, that project got Logied!" :D

Haha, I love that one! "Transportation bill gets "Logied", giving West Michigan the "Granholm effect". :sick:

DT - abbreviation for "Downtown"

MochDonalds - Any building built by the Moch family. More than likely without a visible first floor. building may double as an alligator farm.

Azzarville(s)- pieces of land or buildings in the DT area that are devoid of development because the owner is asking an absurd amount of money for the property and has no intention of doing anything with it.

Vaportecture (from Vapor and Architecture) - Building project that is hyped as being "just around the corner" by the developer. The project supposedly has everything in place, a fancy rendering, and a start date, which comes and goes. Multiple start dates come and go before the project is declared dead or "on hold". The building site is usually put up for sale and turned into a parking lot.

New Years Quote:

"Visionary Thinking Requires Optimism" -Metropolis JAN 2006

(Why bother reaching for the stars if you're convinced we're all headed straight to hell? These days genuine optimism is in short supply......So how do we proceed? We think the solution involves taking large intractable problems and breaking them into smaller solvable pieces....fixing the fixable close to home -Metropolis JAN 2006)

The quotes I've lived by thus far shall continue:

"All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

"There are two things worth aiming for: good music and a clean conscience."

-- Paul Hindemith

"I have nothing to say, and I am saying it, and that is poetry."

-- John Cage

"Music is a part of is, and either enobles or degrades our behavior."

-- Boethius

"You can't mess with people's heads, that's for sure. But that's what music's about, messing with people's heads."

-- Jimi Hendrix

ended the year with a bang -now i am chaff. my boxers are rubbing me raw like sandpaper in a rock tumbler. red wings game was fun till i got on jumbo-tron kissing my date. she was hidious, but a giver :)

i am switch back to tighty whiteys

Apparently the concept of "too much information" is a foreign idea to knowitall... :rofl:

ended the year with a bang -now i am chaff. my boxers are rubbing me raw like sandpaper in a rock tumbler. red wings game was fun till i got on jumbo-tron kissing my date. she was hidious, but a giver :)

i am switch back to tighty whiteys

I always enjoy your posts.. as strange or :shok: off topic as they may be :sick: ...

"What Do You Care What Other People Think?" - Richard P. Feynman

"God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

"I used to be psychic, but I drank my way out of it." - Mark E. Smith

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best

"As a rock star, I have two instincts, I want to have fun, and I want to change the world. I have a chance to do both." - Bono

"Lesser artists borrow, great artists steal." - Igor Stravinsky

Archived