A very merry x-mas for an urban design enthusiast

JDC

My girlfriend put together a really great urban design-themed present for me this year: Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition and two books, The Works: Anatomy of a City and Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream.

Twas a magical holiday indeed.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, your girlfriend and myself were thinking alike. I just bought SimCity 4 and The Works: Anatomy of a City with my xmas money. The Works, by the way, is a great book for entry level planners (like myself) that know little about engineering and want to learn some of the very basics without all the math. It's an excellent read, especially since you can basically just look at the diagrams and not read much at all :thumbsup:

I finally bought Suburban Nation yesterday, so far I can't put it down. Although most of it has already been learned me being an urban planning major, it's nice to see everything I've learned so neatly displayed in one book. I also bought "Still Stuck in Traffic", can't wait to read that one especially since I have Stuck in Traffic already.

Archived