Interracial Married couple moving to Greenville, SC

MAtoSC

You are right metro, but I definetly agree with Jay Hass's assesment. We(Greenvillians) are continually attacked by this one certain poster. I do like gsupstate's values and the way he carries himself. He is not on the offensive.

Then take it up with the staff including myself if need be, by PM. I promise that it will be addressed. It doesn't help a bad situation to start calling people names down to the point where people could get banned for the things they are saying. The characterization of Gays living a self destructive life style should have resulted in a long suspension, but I didn't do so because the topic should have never been brought up in this thread as it was anyway. Thankfully that comment didn't come from a Southerner. Folks, you don't have to respond to every single comment made. They will address themselves.

If I was an interracial couple, and saw how the "best" of Greenville handled this situation here, I would second thoughts about the city myself. Fortunately I know better, but this certainly wasn't a good showing for someone wanting to find out about the city.

Please get back on the topic, or I am going to close this thread. :(

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The characterization of Gays living a self destructive life style should have resulted in a long suspension...Thankfully that comment didn't come from a Southerner.

Metro.M I respect your authority as a moderator and will leave this forum as a poster. However, just for clarity sake, not once was it referenced that I thought just because someone is gay they are living a self destructive lifestyle. Not once. I based that conclusion on waccamatt's own website and his own comments. You are putting your own spin into the comment to make it seem as if it was a gay bash and that is simply not the case or I would have not complimented gsupstate in the same sentence.

The fine folks of this forum have been on the defensive of said individual constantly. Perhaps your moderation should be redirected towards outright activists and trouble makers and not the good people trying to deal with the aftermath.

I will leave this thread and not post in this forum as to not cause any more strife.

To the good people of Greenville, thank you for the kindness and welcoming words. I already have a client who lives in GVille and owns a small manufacturing company in Spartanburg so I am sincerely looking forward to a visit. Having spent enough time in Charlotte and Atlanta I know what I am NOT looking for in a city and it seems Gville fits my requirements very well. I hope to contribute to the region in the form of created jobs, taxes and good active citizenship in the community.

Regards,

P.S. Metro M It may also surprise you that this "Northerner" spent almost a decade living in Matthews NC working on the 53rd floor of the Nations Bank building overlooking Elizabeth and in Central Florida...in fact I met my wife in Charlotte. Truth is truth whether it be spoken from the Northeast, or the Southeast - ignorance and intelligence knows no state boundaries.

..... Truth is truth whether it be spoken from the Northeast, or the Southeast - ignorance and intelligence knows no state boundaries.

Indeed. And an intelligent person will see that you were engaged in a personal attack no matter how you try to explain it. We don't allow those here. As I said earlier if there is something you don't like, address it with the management here. Don't make matters worse as you did.

And I honestly don't care if you decide to leave the forum or not. Post here and follow our rules, which includes no personal attacks and you are welcome. If not, it no great loss to UrbanPlanet because we don't have time for the turmoil it causes when you decide to break our rules.

I am closing this thread as I said I would and you can thank Jayhass for that.

Archived