St. Mary's Healthcare Construction

snoogit

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The construction a couple years back caused many problems for Heritage Hill homes. St. Mary's was great during the building of the Cancer Center. They consultated with HH and took steps to make the construction more amicable for the historic homes nearby. I would think Xavier would have to come down slowly or risk trauma :D to the old homes.

The construction a couple years back caused many problems for Heritage Hill homes. St. Mary's was great during the building of the Cancer Center. They consultated with HH and took steps to make the construction more amicable for the historic homes nearby. I would think Xavier would have to come down slowly or risk trauma :D to the old homes.

Welcome MiGuyz! I like your theories on the Riverfront thread :)

What kind of problems? Traffic or noise? When you are located in a historic district, you had better be sensitive to the neighbors with any new construction. :thumbsup:

I understood there were problems created for the historic homes coming from the pounding made during construction. I also understand St. Mary's and Mary Free Bed to be very good neighbors who try to avoid problems or work with HH when problems or issues arise.

• 1 month later...

Demolition of Xavier is supposed to start soon, and will be very tediously slow due to LEED requirements. Most of the building will be recycled. Probably see demolition debris chutes sticking out the windows first :dontknow:

You're right Joe, that Xavier needs to go :sick:

Demolition of Xavier is supposed to start soon, and will be very tediously slow due to LEED requirements. Most of the building will be recycled. Probably see demolition debris chutes sticking out the windows first :dontknow:

You're right Joe, that Xavier needs to go :sick:

Why is a LEED demolition project any slower then a normal demolition? Separating waste doesn't take that long. Didn't take Melching very long to demo 920 Cherry did it?

I have a special place in my heart for Xavier. I was born there. I almost hate to see it go.

Out with the old in with the new.....................

Why is a LEED demolition project any slower then a normal demolition? Separating waste doesn't take that long. Didn't take Melching very long to demo 920 Cherry did it?

I have a special place in my heart for Xavier. I was born there. I almost hate to see it go.

Out with the old in with the new.....................

Were you the first baby born there? :lol: J/K Nitro.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone driven by Saint Mary's on Cherry? There is a humongous rendering of a new builing draped on the existing building. I haven't seen this rending before. Anyone know where it came from? Is this different from the previous project shown in this thread? The new rendering canvas must be about 8 stories tall.

My wife (a St. Mary's Nurse) said that she saw some tents sitting out in front of the old building on Thursday; sort of looked like some sort of ceremony or ground breaking was going to take place. Anyone have more info on this?

Yeah, there was a ground breaking ceremony on Friday morning , they had a few people speak and then they cut a ribbon and that HUGE banner slowly came down, it was kinda neat to see.

• 1 month later...

Who is the contractor on this one? Wolverine or Triangle?

Wolverine Construction awarded $60 Million St. Mary's Hauenstein project

199204809_c8b9e6743c_o.jpg

That's at least three big projects for Wolverine downtown as far as I know: River House, ICON on Bond and this project, probably worth over $150 Million.

I also noticed today in the windows you can see a lot of interior demolition of walls going on.

Archived