Park Central Plaza

atlrvr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seems to be a couple of rumors flying around. One being that the rendering was just "fluff" created by the webmaster to fill up the page until the actual design is placed there. Other rumors that seem to be surfacing is that its the actual design and now that the cat is out of the bag, there is a "cover up" in progress. Alot of time was spent on that rendering so i'm not sure its fluff. It could be one of a number of design options for the building or it could be the actual rendering. There are rumors that Carroll's company is passing out documention with the rendering on it. Roy Carroll had said some time ago he wanted to take advantage of historic tax credits and that he would restore the old Wachovia Building to it 1967 gray paint and blue glass. However a few days ago he emailed Ed Cone and said he hope to have a design by spring. This tells me the option of restoring the building to the way it look is no longer on the table. If he were doing that, he'd already have his design but he says he wont have a design until at least spring. This is all very interesting.

I did find out something interesting. Supposedly The builder said that the web designer created the rendering as "fluff" on the website until the real renderings are upload. On another forum another web designer prepared quotes to design the website and was given the rendering above from the BUILDER. This is all very interesting. Add to the fact that the website with the rendering was taken down.

Thanks beany. I was kinda curious to see what the design would look like in Greensboro's skyline. The location of the new tower is perfects and creates good balance. That one tower dramatically alters the skyline making it look more urban. Hopefuuly the final plan will include the tower because we need something downtown that breaks 21 stories.

Thnaks Hotlanta! I used Corel Photo Paint to do the photo manipulation. This gives us a good idea what Greensboro's skyline would look like with that design. The building certainly adds height to the skyline and would look great being viewed from the grandstands of First Horizon ballpark.

Thnaks Hotlanta! I used Corel Photo Paint to do the photo manipulation. This gives us a good idea what Greensboro's skyline would look like with that design. The building certainly adds height to the skyline and would look great being viewed from the grandstands of First Horizon ballpark.

Thanks for telling me that, I always wondered how to do that. :)

• 2 weeks later...

so whats the deal on the 30 story tower. the bizjournal says that Carroll should announce details pretty soon about the Wachovia building. there was no mention of the park central plaza, so is this rendering officially fake? what a let down if it is. I wanted this for Greensboro.

I have a feeling he is going to make it look historical. I don't think anybody is willing to take the chance to put something that modern in G'boro. I wish they would though! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Found something interesting:

This is a page that was cached on google on feb. 2. http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:qfy1e7...us&ct=clnk&cd=5

I tried to find this news on Rentenbach's site however apparently it is no longer there. Apparently they pulled it from their site. However, they didn't get it pulled before Google Bot took a snapshot. :shades:

I'm thinking we should hear an official news release anytime. All this secrecy, it's time for the veil to be lifted. :ph34r: So what do you think guys?

Today's News and Record article is interesting. Some have said that the rendering above was not the real rendering and is only "fluff" for the website created by the web designer even though caroll's company has been passing out material with the rendering on it. Some have said that Carroll is going with origional plans to restore the building to its origional look and not inlude a 30 story tower next to it yet the article below say he will dramtically alter the building after all. The article also says he will add balconies which the rendering posted here does have. So maybe this is the true rendering after all.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll...C0101/602100320

Here is a screen shot of a construction company using the Park Central Plaza name. Remeber it was said the the name wasnt real and was part of the "fluff" ;)

rentenback.jpg

Today's News and Record article is interesting. Some have said that the rendering above was not the real rendering and is only "fluff" for the website created by the web designer even though caroll's company has been passing out material with the rendering on it. Some have said that Carroll is going with origional plans to restore the building to its origional look and not inlude a 30 story tower next to it yet the article below say he will dramtically alter the building after all. The article also says he will add balconies which the rendering posted here does have. So maybe this is the true rendering after all.

http://www.newsandrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll...C0101/602100320

Here is a screen shot of a construction company using the Park Central Plaza name. Remeber it was said the the name wasnt real and was part of the "fluff" ;)

rentenback.jpg

Hmmm.....that's interesting. On one of the links above (forgot which one) it says he would renovate the building but DRAMATICALLY change the exterior of it and make it look modern. I think the rendering is true, but it just won't include that 30 story tower we had all hoped for.

Archived