Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tocoto

What is your favorite island

9 posts in this topic

With the winter dragging on I've been thinking about a tropical island vacation. Does anyone have a personal favorite?

My favourite island is Rhode Island of course! :lol:

Actually, I've never been to a tropical island. My favourite island would probably be Sampson's Island on the coast of Osterville and Cotuit on Cape Cod. If you can wait until July, the swimming's great there.

Manhattan's a pretty cool island too. Montreal, another great island.

I like Manhattan...actually it's one of the few islands I've been to. The only other one I can think of that I've been to is Mackinaw Island.

I've been to Key West, and I loved it. Nice scenery, interesting people, great bars and restaurants, and it is always WARM. Key West is a little pricey now, but I would go back there again in a heart beat. Very laid-back place.

From weather.com:

Today HI/LO Precip.

Jan 23 Sunny 68

With the cold weather around here, Key West sounds like a great idea! If only I could afford to get there....

Key West has always been the part of Florida that I am most interested in visiting. I would like to be able to fly from New England straight to Key West without sullying myself with any other part of Florida.

As nice as key west is, it's attached to the mainland by a road so it's not the same as an island where you have to get there by boat or plane. I was thinking of Carribean Islands in particular. I've been to the virgin islands and they are very nice with great snorkling. Never been to jamaca or Puerto Rico, or any of the smaller islands further east and south.

Well, I've never been to a "tropical island," but would recommend the Florida Keys to anyone.

Much closer to home for me & not nearly so "tropical," there's Ship Island, Mississippi, accessible by ferry.