Things are gonna be a bit slow around here

Miesian Corners

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh and here I am making the mistake of thinking the bank is a supporter of the community. Maybe I should have kept quite about how many posts we get from the place. :rolleyes: Or maybe it was those secret plans that got posted here. haha. I have noticed the absence of several that we know to be from there. Could this be why every employee that I have known from the bank refers to it as Walk All Over Ya. haha

I have one word for all of our Wachovia shutins. Anonymous Proxy. (ok, 2 words)

found out about 2 weeks ago myself that Wach has banned UP. It's ashame too. When I went to click on to the UP site from my Wach computer, I get the infamous black screen with "ACCESS DENIED" written in big red letters. It's kind of a running joke in my department. Some days, I simply hate working here

I'm work for Wachovia and it's true UP is blocked now. I think though it is because of the fact that most people use the forum; and the Wachovia internet policy bans forums and or bulletin boards/chat rooms. This is just speculation of course. I am a software engineer and frequent many code/programming forums that are also blocked from within Wachovia.

I hate to say this but I'm surprised that in the day of increased productivity and decreased headcount that Wachovia is just now limiting these type of sites. I'm not saying it's right though because when I was in corporate America I was a numbers person....as long as you got what I needed, I could care less how you managed your day....with some exceptions of course.

Higherups however came down hard on me because of my stance. My people were happy and produced above and beyond what was requested however I was asked to write up, suspend or fire people for the slightest infractions. If I didn't get enough people wrote up then they would come down on me....mind you the numbers for my department were exceeding expectations. I had to walk away because it was not a conducive environment for my personality. I like happy people not miserable drones.

I miss ole A2 though..... :cry:

Tried Urbanpalnet today at CMS and it is forbidden. They must have read our post. :angry:

I think UP was simply included in some standard list of a certain type of website, so the companies that subscribe to that list are now blocking it. I think it is kind of like an anti-virus update, but for firewall blockers. There certain wouldn't have been anything specific at UP that someone added it specifically.

I have not heard of such a list.

oh they are out there, just depends what list you subscribe to. many big corporations use Websense (i've lost a job due to Websense for Internet surfing, Wegmans Corporate, in Rochester, NY)

as a matter of fact, you can even submit your own :D

http://www.websense.com/global/en/Products...e/URLChange.php

I have not heard of such a list.

There are lists out there. I actually used a list where I work at one time (I'm an IT Manager) but now I use group policy to give all or not Internet access to users depending on their login. SonicWall also has their own content filter service in addition to WebSense.

Archived