Things are gonna be a bit slow around here

Miesian Corners

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

luckily, since wachovia is SO starving for office space, they stick us CIB people in the Bell South Plaza, which happens to have an internet cafe downstairs :D

ah thank goodness for UP fix

I thought you guys were all in wach 2 or the darth vader building? What groups have been moved over?

Also, won't there be tons of open room in 3 shortly? I know a couple of floors that should be emptying out in the next two months.

ps I must have gotten out at the perfect time seeing as I left wach a week before the ban! I'd bet a bagel that the guys in my (old)group have complained... but then again, at least 1/2 of the group is gone. :whistling:

Welcome to the forum auscube. Did they get laided off?

I'm actually a long time lurker... you guys are one of the main reasons I moved to Charlotte this past year. It was down to NYC or preferably anywhere else that has great finance jobs. This board proved that there were plenty of interesting jobs, buildings, neighborhoods, and people in Charlotte. So far, I have not been disappointed one bit.

side note: Having lived in Chicago, Atlanta, Tampa, various Midwest towns, two cities in Tennessee, and Europe, I've noticed every city/town has a bunch of people that complain about the lack of culture or events. Very few places have a justifiable reason to complain. And in my opinion no one in Charlotte can complain... there is so much to do! Just turn off the tv/computer and look around! If I get bored, I just drive around for a bit and ALWAYS find something worth spending time on whether its a little ice rink, bike race, parade, arts fair, art exhibit (btw this city spends some big $$ on art!!), great neighborhood fair, little local restaurant, or even a basketball game. My only complaint is that the bands I love do not come to Charlotte. That's due to Asheville/UNC pulling them in, maybe the music factory thing will change this all.

I currently live in Noda and love it. It's small and needs more retail, but the people and shops are great. There are a couple of good restaurants, bars, and galleries that I fully support. Plus Plaza Midwood is just down the street too! It's been a great introduction to Charlotte, but I plan on moving to Uptown, Dilworth, or Elizabeth in the next year (I'm looking for suggestions of great areas to *rent* in). I think the small near-urban neighborhoods of Charlotte are wonderful. Great communities.

But to answer your question, no they didn't get laid off.

The Capital Market Group (CMG) was sold to USbank on January 1st. My understanding is that many of the groups within CMG are to be relocated to Boston, Chicago, or Minneapolis. A few groups are likely to stay in Charlotte, but not mine. Most everyone in my (old) group has a greater tie to Charlotte than a new bank, plus there's plenty of other companies in the area that are interested in the group's expertise. But if anyone happens to know of a need for a financial analyst from a top ugrad b-school with corporate, startup, ibanking experience and a plethora of finely tuned skills, let me know. :thumbsup:

Sorry for long post, just had a bit to say.

I'm actually a long time lurker...

The Capital Market Group (CMG) was sold to USbank on January 1st. My understanding is that many of the groups within CMG are to be relocated to Boston, Chicago, or Minneapolis. A few groups are likely to stay in Charlotte, but not mine. Most everyone in my (old) group has a greater tie to Charlotte than a new bank, plus there's plenty of other companies in the area that are interested in the group's expertise. But if anyone happens to know of a need for a financial analyst from a top ugrad b-school with corporate, startup, ibanking experience and a plethora of finely tuned skills, let me know. :thumbsup:

Sorry for long post, just had a bit to say.

Auscube,

Like you I've been a lurker for a while. I was disappointed when UP got added to the blocked list....almost as disappointed as when the Wolfpacker was added. :)

Just a correction to what you wrote above. CMG wasn't sold to USBank--only CMG's CIT (Corporate and Institutional Trust) division. That impacted about 1,000 employees. The rest of CMG (Wachovia Securities, Evergreen, RIPG--about 20,000 employees) remained with the bank.

CMG wasn't sold to USBank--only CMG's CIT (Corporate and Institutional Trust) division. That impacted about 1,000 employees. The rest of CMG (Wachovia Securities, Evergreen, RIPG--about 20,000 employees) remained with the bank.

You are correct, I should have been more specific... 20x more specific. :D

I'm amazed a State site could be blocked without riots!

Thanks for the posting the full info.

• 1 month later...

Archived