Tennessee Skylines From FARRRRRRRRR Away.......

Lexy

Been a while since I posted ANYTHING on here (thank the holidays), so here goes. I have taken a couple of shots of Nashville from a great deal of distance away from downtown. It is rather hard to do cause my camera is like most, it has limitations and the terrain around Nashville is the wrench in the wheel for it. LOL!! I do the best with what I have.

I love to see pics of cities form far away. I have seen increadible shots of Chicago and Toronto from across the lakes. Along with an un-freakin-real shot of Charlotte from the mountains!!!!! Now I have none of that type of distance, but I do have this...............

From about 6-8 miles out of the core(that funny looking cloud is a cold front approaching from the northwest for all you weather junkies out there like me, LOL!)....

Picture1507.jpg

Zoomed in a little....

Picture1509a.jpg

From about 5 miles out of the core in East Nashville (Inglewood).

faraway.jpg

Zoomed in a little on this one now.............

Nashvegas2sharp.jpg

Now you have seen these, but I know for a fact that there are some of Knoxville out there. I want to see them NOW!! LOL!!! I would really like to challenge some to find pics of Memphis from far away. It is rather flat down there and distance shots are some what difficult (but not impossible) in that area. Gimmie what ya got. If I come across more, and you ask for them, I will post them. Otherwise, this is your thread. Make it happen.

Michael

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhhhh...how should I put this.......Brentioch. LOL!!!

Between Brentwood and Antioch around the Nolensville Road area.

That photo is actually zoomed as well.

brentioch is my old stomping grounds! haha. and you like feeble weiner lexy? my roomate in 2001 was good friends with the band and i got to hang out with a couple of the guys some.

From nine miles out, on Nine Mile Hill (duh!) sitting on the escarpment of the western highland rim plateau (elevation 800 to 900 ft). Good view of the Belle Meade, West End area.

Dec05017.jpg

This apartment is on the hill and used to boast of having the highest roof in Nashville. They may still be right.

Dec05019.jpg

So do I win? Is there a prize?

Another good spot for Nashville skyline pics is the hill off West End called "Love Circle" close to Acklen. I thought the first shot above came from there, the view is similar. I have some pictures taken about 12 years ago up there, will see if I can find them and post.

Another good spot for Nashville skyline pics is the hill off West End called "Love Circle" close to Acklen. I thought the first shot above came from there, the view is similar. I have some pictures taken about 12 years ago up there, will see if I can find them and post.

Oh please do. The times have changed so much that it would be awesome to see what it "used" to look like from there.

There is a good view of the Nashville skyline from Saundersville Rd. in Hendersonville. That is about 15-20 miles away.

OMG...I was in Nashville in last month for a governor's school reunion, and some of us stayed at my friend's house in Hendersonville...she took us by there...it was so amazing...I wish I had taken a shot of it...She told us that it's kind of hit or miss since sometimes visibility is pretty poor from there...but it was great...you go up a hill and as you go over it, BOOM! there's downtown Nashville. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself!

OMG...I was in Nashville in last month for a governor's school reunion, and some of us stayed at my friend's house in Hendersonville...she took us by there...it was so amazing...I wish I had taken a shot of it...She told us that it's kind of hit or miss since sometimes visibility is pretty poor from there...but it was great...you go up a hill and as you go over it, BOOM! there's downtown Nashville. Pretty sweet, if I do say so myself!

It is great. Other Hendersonville views of Nashville can be found at the crest of Free Hill on Free Hill Road and on the Bypass as you pass the Gallatin Rd exit. The Saundersville view, though, is the farthest view in the city I can think of..

Oh please do. The times have changed so much that it would be awesome to see what it "used" to look like from there.

Ok, I have posted a few of these on a different server. I believe the first three were taken at Belmont University, from the top floor of the Massey Center. Nice shot of downtown and 16th/17th/Wedgewood, although it is from indoors. The last photo was taken at "Love Circle." The shot looks a whole like the Belmont perspective, and I had forgotten I had taken those first three shots.

nash1.jpg

nash2.jpg

nash3.jpg

nash4.jpg

Sorry, these shots are not as clear as I recall. These go back to September 1995. Somebody with a good digital zoom camera needs to return to the "circle" and take some shots on a sunny day. Still a great view.

^ The Belmont shots are money shots man. They will look so different in three years. *shakes head in disbelief*

I was at Belmont yesterday, before taking those newer Love Circle shots, I thought I'd go back and try to take an updated shot since I was in the area, but I couldn't access that room. Years ago you could access the Fidelity Hall rooftop (the shorter building joined to the mansion), and boy what a perspective that'd be if you can still get up there.

Damn, that's tall. From that angle, wouldn't you be able to see ICON and Terrazzo too (at left)?

Of course, that's just my guess at how it will compare to the skyline. Remember, the general consensus is that the tower will be in the range of 850' which is more than twice the height of the L&C Tower.

The Icon, Terrazzo and Adelicia would be out of that picture on the left, I think.

Archived