Innoventure

gs3

With yesterdays article in the GV News about South Carolina's lack of attracting of venture capitalist, I was discussing with a friend at lunch. He brought up Innoventure, which I must say I wasn't familiar with. Apparently 2006 will be it's second or third year. It's in March at the Palmetto Center. Brings venture capitalists and angel investors in. I Googled and found this website:

http://www.innoventuresc.com/about

Is anyone familiar with this? Any idea what results it had the last couple of years? South Carolina needs more of this type of event.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Run by the Greenville Chamber. The conference in March will be the third year. The event has basically tripled in size each year. Drew 9-10 universities, 12-13 venture capital firms (officially - more attended unofficially), and 15 companies seeking funding. Keynote speakers last year were: Frans Johansson, author of The Medici Effect; Karl Kohrt, CEO of Battelle - a $1B R&D corporation and Furman grad; and Jack Stone, Founder of the South Carolina Apparel Cluster.

I thoroughly enjoyed the event last year.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This conference needs to be marketed to the max. I was looking at some stats relative to venture capital firms and other relevant data for SC, NC, and GA, and our numbers are pathetic. :( I hope the first Southeastern conference helps to give this much-needed event more exposure.

This conference needs to be marketed to the max. I was looking at some stats relative to venture capital firms and other relevant data for SC, NC, and GA, and our numbers are pathetic. :( I hope the first Southeastern conference helps to give this much-needed event more exposure.

The article in The State said that the first Southeastern conference is to be held the end of this month in Cary, NC.

The conference has been quite successful in doing what it does, it seems, but we need more venture capital flowing through this state. The 2005 MoneyTree

The article in The State said that the first Southeastern conference is to be held the end of this month in Cary, NC.

The conference has been quite successful in doing what it does, it seems, but we need more venture capital flowing through this state. The 2005 MoneyTree

^ The good thing in this, while there may not be many from SC attending the convention in Cary, I'm sure most of them come here for InnoVenture. It's had like 600 each year. Nice to see that SC can produce this kind of venture capital event internally and get many SC people on the road to success. :thumbsup: InnoVenture has some big name backers as well. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived