Hot Springs attractions

bigboyz05

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's cool. I'm just glad there is a way to post them without doing all of thet imageshack stuff...that was really time consuming.

Considering how many pics I've posted I guess I could have saved myself a lot of time by doing it your way. :D

SWAR is scenic...it's more rural than we are used to, but it's beautiful down there. Texarkana, Nashville, The lakes and foothills.

Yeah I'm waiting to see Nate's pics. I can't say I'm too familiar with southwest Arkansas. Although I have at least been around that area a few times my life. I can't even say that about northeast Arkansas. But it will be nice to see an area of the state I'm not so familiar with.

You are sure right about that area of Central in midtown...they need to really work on that...a lot of it is just an eyesore. Those old motels should be condemned. Retail is really beginning to boom in Hot Springs. At long last, the empty part of Central between the mall and the expressway is beginning to be filled in with development. The mall is scheduled to be overhauled, but I'm not sure to what extent. The first phase of it was done last year. They expanded and remodeled the Dillard's inside and out. It looks very nice now. Other mall improvements I think are scheduled for this year.

What, y'all don't like the Fountain, Capri, Continental, and El Rancho motels? <_<

The overhaul of the mall needs to be a major one. I went there this summer and it's not in great shape. The Northwest Arkansas Mall is in another league, but there's no reason Hot Springs couldn't be as nice as that.

As a whole, Hot Springs retail is doing very well.

I think in the next few years, some developer from out of state will come in and build a new mall somewhere in the area. Hot Springs could easily support a bigger, better mall.

I guess it's been a long time since I've been to the current mall in Hot Springs. Guess I hadn't remembered it not being too great or it's just really gone downhill since I was there.

Yeah, I'm a little ahead of you...that won't happen often :rofl:

Now I know why you keep responding. :lol: That doesn't work quite the way I expected it either. It seems that it's always running. I guess it keeps the current count for the past 24 hours up to that very minute.

I wondered why it kept changing...it would add some, subtract some.

Yeah I wondered what was going on with that too. To behonest for the longest time I never even knew that you could check things like that. I mainly kept to the Arkansas forum. :lol:

Never even knew what you guys were talking about. Still don't really know.

This topic is so useful.... :lol:

oh.....so that's what motivates you:

Today's Top 10 Posters

Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts

tim2462 22-October 05 265 91 12.78%

Mith242 2-June 05 4295 77 10.81%

ironchapman 4-May 05 3050 28 3.93%

Aporkalypse 28-May 05 934 27 3.79%

mcheiss 15-September 05 2975 25 3.51%

NCB 24-June 05 2100 20 2.81%

Hotlanta 9-October 05 96 17 2.39%

tombarnes 26-June 05 594 15 2.11%

dubone 2-August 04 3346 13 1.83%

monsoon 7-August 03 9193 12 1.69%

Sorry Johnny we got off topic. :D I usually just keep posting till everyone leaves. But Tim kept posting so I kept posting too. I didn't even realize that info was accessable until a week or so ago. I heard Matt mention it before but I thought it was something he had access to because he's a mod now. Anyway we'll try to get this topic back on course.

Never even knew what you guys were talking about. Still don't really know.

This topic is so useful.... :lol:

oh.....so that's what motivates you:

Today's Top 10 Posters

Member Joined Total Member Posts Posts Today % of today's posts

tim2462 22-October 05 265 91 12.78%

Mith242 2-June 05 4295 77 10.81%

ironchapman 4-May 05 3050 28 3.93%

Aporkalypse 28-May 05 934 27 3.79%

mcheiss 15-September 05 2975 25 3.51%

NCB 24-June 05 2100 20 2.81%

Hotlanta 9-October 05 96 17 2.39%

tombarnes 26-June 05 594 15 2.11%

dubone 2-August 04 3346 13 1.83%

monsoon 7-August 03 9193 12 1.69%

Wow, you guys have been really busy, and it's always when I'm not here. :lol:

Keep up the Great Work, I like seeing 4 out of the top 5 posts being from Arkansas.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find the Hot Springs topics they were moved into the subforum here. Anyway I'm assuming everyone heard about the fire over in Hot Springs. Guess it was only a matter of time before some of those fires affecting Oklahoma and Texas started occuring here in Arkansas too.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find the Hot Springs topics they were moved into the subforum here. Anyway I'm assuming everyone heard about the fire over in Hot Springs. Guess it was only a matter of time before some of those fires affecting Oklahoma and Texas started occuring here in Arkansas too.

Yeah, this topic should be moved back to the Arkansas forum.

The fire burned nearly 100 acres, but fortunately, they were able to contain it. Earlier, I saw someone from the Arkansas Forestry Commission on the news who said that Arkansas isn't susceptible to the major kinds we see out West because we don't have grasslands. Our hilly terrain helps too in stopping the spread of fires.

The fire burned nearly 100 acres, but fortunately, they were able to contain it. Earlier, I saw someone from the Arkansas Forestry Commission on the news who said that Arkansas isn't susceptible to the major kinds we see out West because we don't have grasslands. Our hilly terrain helps too in stopping the spread of fires.

Yeah that is true, and that's why you don't hear as much about the fire problems they have a little further out west. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible though. especially since it ounds like it might be March before we get much precipitation.

Ah, Matt moved the article while I was posting. Haven't seen that type of error before. :lol:

Archived