Arkansas metro with highest cost of living

bigboyz05

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hot Springs is pretty high as well, and they have some of the highest taxes in the area because of the A&P tax that gets put on everything. I live in Rogers now, and the price of goods is somewhat less, as is the tax rate vs Hot Springs. Also, even at similar housing costs, you get a lot nicer of a house in NW Arkansas than the same priced one in Hot Springs, as the land value is higher there due to the Nat'l Park according to a Hot Springs realtor.

Hot Springs is pretty high as well, and they have some of the highest taxes in the area because of the A&P tax that gets put on everything. I live in Rogers now, and the price of goods is somewhat less, as is the tax rate vs Hot Springs. Also, even at similar housing costs, you get a lot nicer of a house in NW Arkansas than the same priced one in Hot Springs, as the land value is higher there due to the Nat'l Park according to a Hot Springs realtor.

I hadn't though about the National Park being an aspect. But with the way things are going I wouldn't be too surprised if NWA aor at least some parts of it pass up Hot Springs in houses prices.

Ah, another Rogers resident, that makes three now that have joined the forum. Welcome nj829 to Urban Planet!!! I myself live in Rogers as well.

Archived