Maumelle

• 1 month later...

• David's Burgers is now open & business appears to have been pretty brisk.

• Sonic has been approved to build a new location across the street from Maumelle Wines & Spirits. They will close the Carnahan Dr. location, which they've evidently been leasing for years. The new site is supposed to have a playground, outdoor dining area and sand volleyball court. I heard a rumor that the location across from Wal-Mart in North Little Rock would be closed, too, when the new location opens -- but I have no confirmation on that.

• Construction continues on a small strip center on Savannah Drive that will house a new UAMS clinic and a relocated Maumelle Eye Care (Dr. Derek Long). This will be the third site in about a decade for the growing optometry practice.

• Kimberly Clark and Plastics Ingenuity (both located in the industrial park) are planning expansions to their building, which should result in additional jobs.

• "The Colony at Maumelle" has been approved. This development will be built at the end of Country Club Parkway, which is the main artery for most of the streets/neighborhoods around the Country Club of Arkansas. Country Club Parkway currently dead ends into a construction site. The new development is supposed to feature approx. 50 lots for town houses and a club house in its first phase and approx. 60 single-family lots in phase 2. Space for a third phase is available for future development.

• Approx. 9.5 acres of land behind First Security Bank on Maumelle Blvd. was recently rezoned from SUR (Special Use Residential) to COMM (Commercial) by request of the landowner. I have not heard of any planned development for this site.

• No clue when the "Nashville Rockin Grill" (which is actually in North Little Rock) will open. Last I heard, they were shooting for the 2nd or 3rd week of July. But I also remember back in Fall 2014 when they said they'd be open in January. So, anyone's guess is as good as mine.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Architect said:

I would bet that it remains a water park and that someone buys it out at a lower price and continues operation.

Yeah, it was announced back in February that it was going up for auction, but I never heard anything after that.

Cypress Social by the guys behind Petit & Keet is set to open mid august. 

Also, word is Sobo is being redone by a group of successful LR restaurant veterans. Maybe it will actually work this time. I can’t recall the name I heard it was changing to though. 

33 minutes ago, MDC26 said:

Yeah, it was announced back in February that it was going up for auction, but I never heard anything after that.

You can probably blame the market disruption of COVID for the lack of activity...not a great time to invest in water parks.

• 1 year later...

The old Nashville Rockin' Grill / Gigi's / Whatever else it was restaurant (next to Morningside Bagels) near the Counts Massie intersection of Maumelle Blvd has a banner hanging on it announcing a new location for Count Porkula. Poking around their FB page and the comments indicates it should be open after the first of the year.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, dotnofoolin said:

The old Nashville Rockin' Grill / Gigi's / Whatever else it was restaurant (next to Morningside Bagels) near the Counts Massie intersection of Maumelle Blvd has a banner hanging on it announcing a new location for Count Porkula. Poking around their FB page and the comments indicates it should be open after the first of the year.

Count Porkula set to open this Thursday (June 2nd).  Looks like it was a complete renovation from previous restaurants in this space.  

Also, I may have missed it but I didn't see any mention of the new plans for the Wild River Country site.  It looks similar to Top Golf but with more options.  And of course soon after this was announced Top Golf finally said they were coming to LR as well.  I wonder if they will now try and push this development out with their brand.  LR cannot sustain two of these.  

$28 million entertainment venue to locate in North Little Rock - Talk Business & Politics

Edited by ndark

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 2:31 PM, ndark said:

Count Porkula set to open this Thursday (June 2nd).  Looks like it was a complete renovation from previous restaurants in this space.  

Also, I may have missed it but I didn't see any mention of the new plans for the Wild River Country site.  It looks similar to Top Golf but with more options.  And of course soon after this was announced Top Golf finally said they were coming to LR as well.  I wonder if they will now try and push this development out with their brand.  LR cannot sustain two of these.  

$28 million entertainment venue to locate in North Little Rock - Talk Business & Politics

Agreed...the market can't support two of these.  Here's hoping Top Golf gets to market first (which I suspect they'll do).  In some ways, the I-40/I-430 site is a great option, but I suspect politically, with the active input from the Little Rock mayor with Top Gold, they won't go to a site in NLR.  I would vote I-430/I-30 at Outlets of Little Rock.  There is a lot of critical mass of activity there that would benefit Top Golf.

On 6/12/2022 at 2:24 PM, Architect said:

Agreed...the market can't support two of these.  Here's hoping Top Golf gets to market first (which I suspect they'll do).  In some ways, the I-40/I-430 site is a great option, but I suspect politically, with the active input from the Little Rock mayor with Top Gold, they won't go to a site in NLR.  I would vote I-430/I-30 at Outlets of Little Rock.  There is a lot of critical mass of activity there that would benefit Top Golf.

I agree the Outlets of Little Rock/Bass Pro area is the leading candidate to get Top Golf.