Macon's Beall's Hill

wks2003x

The first part of the on-going Beall's Hill Project is opening soon.

Tattnall Place, a new collection of mixed-income townhouses in downtown Macon's historic district, have replaced the old Oglethorpe Homes public housing complex. Rather than isolate housing based on income, Tattnall Place will encourage people of various income levels to rent townhouses. There are 97 units total: 65 units will be rented according to income and 32 will be rented according to market rate. Check it out here.

Tattnall Place is part of the Beall's Hill redevelopment project. The new Beall's Hill will be a mixed-use, mixed-income pedestrian friendly community. The Beall's Hill project is the largest of its kind in the state outside Atlanta. For more information on Beall's Hill, you can also take a look at the community's redevelopment website here. Even better news, the Beall's Hill project is already winning nationally acclaimed awards for its pedestrian-friendliness and excellence in urban design.

This is certainly good news for a city that seems to be overtaken with sprawl these days.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first part of the on-going Beall's Hill Project is opening soon.

Tattnall Place, a new collection of mixed-income townhouses in downtown Macon's historic district, have replaced the old Oglethorpe Homes public housing complex. Rather than isolate housing based on income, Tattnall Place will encourage people of various income levels to rent townhouses. There are 97 units total: 65 units will be rented according to income and 32 will be rented according to market rate. Check it out here.

Tattnall Place is part of the Beall's Hill redevelopment project. The new Beall's Hill will be a mixed-use, mixed-income pedestrian friendly community. The Beall's Hill project is the largest of its kind in the state outside Atlanta. For more information on Beall's Hill, you can also take a look at the community's redevelopment website here. Even better news, the Beall's Hill project is already winning nationally acclaimed awards for its pedestrian-friendliness and excellence in urban design.

This is certainly good news for a city that seems to be overtaken with sprawl these days.

I love it! Its really nice to something like this in other cities in the state. More and more I get the feeling that Macon is about to see some accelerated growth in the near future.

This is truly a great project. I ride by it quite often since I work downtown. I am seriously thinking about moving in. Its a great school district for My daughter, public and private, and its close to my job. The one thing I'm worried about is the middle class being reluctant to come in, fearing crime. I, personaly, think it will be fine, but I also know how some ppl behave in the mactown. I hope this succeedes. If it does this will be a major boost a far as downtown macon revival.

• 7 months later...

Archived