Everything Conway

Development at the old Superior Chevrolet property. The Chipotle building with the back fronting Oak Street.

zxI406.jpg 

Home2Suites

5IWvFv.jpg

This building sits behind a newly constructed Verizon store building. The developer plans to include another hotel and two restaurants  on the property. Across Oak Street Smith Ford demolished their old showroom and has rebuilt instead of relocating to I-40 like the Chevy dealer did.  Next  to the Ford dealer on North Museum Crain Buick GMC is in the process of relocating to the Lewis Ranch development. Crain's new location will be fronting I-40 and next to Crain Kia.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates of Conway developments:

Baptist hospital to open September 16th.

Some of the stores in Lewis Crossing are now open and construction on others is underway.

The old shoe store building on Front has been demolished and work on John Daly's Steakhouse should start at anytime.

Donaghey Hall is finishing up and the construction fencing has been taken down.

Street Construction:

The elevated round-a-bout which will be part on the overpass between Conway Commons and Central Landing continues to be built up.

Construction on the streets leading into Central Landing continues. Although work on these has taken a very lone time.

Work continues on a new I-40 interchange for the first part of the western loop.

On the west side  the removal of a hill to allow a straightening of hwy 25 at I-40 is halfway complete. 

The the construction around Lewis Crossing is almost complete. This will consist of three round-a-bouts, two on Dave Ward and one on the service road. One of the Dave Ward round-a-bouts will be the largest in Arkansas with three lanes.

On 8/20/2016 at 8:58 PM, Arkanzin said:

Ruby Tuesday has closed about 100 locations.  Fayetteville and Bentonville were shuttered.  It is my understanding that the Conway location was shut down this week.  

I take it Russellville must have bit the dust as well.

22 hours ago, Architect said:

Anyone remember back when Ruby Tuesday was a more upscale restaurant, located in Park Plaza (early 1990's)?

I ate there a couple of times in the late 1980s. Back then there weren't many choices and it wasn't bad. I ate at one in Florence, SC a couple of years ago and it was like bring in an Applebees, pretty lame.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 9:32 AM, skirby said:

A new project related to the soon to be open Baptist Hospital was announced last night.  It will be a 4 story $15 million dollar building.

Also, they started paving Central Landing Boulevard leading to the Central Landing development.

The new office building will contain 75,000 square feet and is expected to be open by next Spring. The building is designed by Lewis Architects Engineers.

C4aVDm.jpg

The hospital is now open for business. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hotel project announced for the area in the near future.

On 9/22/2016 at 10:38 AM, skirby said:

The new office building will contain 75,000 square feet and is expected to be open by next Spring. The building is designed by Lewis Architects Engineers.

C4aVDm.jpg

The hospital is now open for business. I wouldn't be surprised to see a hotel project announced for the area in the near future.

I wouldn't be surprised by a nearby hotel project, either, but I'd guess that it would likely be a brand from one of the portfolios already present in Conway (Wyndham, IHG, Hilton, Choice, etc.).

The development where the under construction Home2Suites and Chipotle are located will soon be home to a new Outback Steakhouse.

Also, a first for downtown Conway will be a 4 story apartment building. The ground floor will consist of parking and there will be a total of 21 units on the three upper floors.

1 hour ago, skirby said:

The development where the under construction Home2Suites and Chipotle are located will soon be home to a new Outback Steakhouse.

That's a good move for them. The current location is so hard to find if you don't know where to turn. Behind Walmart and buried between hotels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Christmas in Conway begins with the tree in downtown. As I recall it is 54 feet tall and this year a Ferris Wheel has been added. The picture below doesn't show it but the wheel is at least 20 feet taller than the tree. Also, a miniature train ride for the kids and horse-drawn carriage rides of the downtown are available. From what I understand it has been a go to spot in Conway this year. Rides start at 6 pm and this was taken before that time, therefore you don't see any people, unless they are behind the tree at the funnel cake stand.

9vKSHG.jpg

A picture of the overpass being constructed to span I-40. It will connect to the elevated roundabout on the right side when the supports are built. The city and state held a ribbon cutting yesterday to open two roundabouts on Dave Ward fronting Lewis Crossing. Also, two more roundabouts are under construction on 6th Street which is the street that will connect to the overpass from the west.

7O2fCW.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few updates on Conway. The steel is going up for John Daily's and they continue to improve the streetscape  in the downtown area. At Lewis Crossing Sam's Club is now open along with On the Border and both stay busy. T Mobile will be the next to open and the developer is showing one outparcel and 7 storefronts are under negotiations. The roundabouts have been completed on Dave Ward and I-40 for this projects.     

Edited by skirby
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2016 at 11:11 AM, skirby said:

A picture of the overpass being constructed to span I-40. It will connect to the elevated roundabout on the right side when the supports are built. The city and state held a ribbon cutting yesterday to open two roundabouts on Dave Ward fronting Lewis Crossing. Also, two more roundabouts are under construction on 6th Street which is the street that will connect to the overpass from the west.

7O2fCW.jpg 

The roundabout is complete and open except for the overpass connection, which should be complete in June.