Everything Conway

• 3 weeks later...

43 minutes ago, wmr said:

What the heck is that sculpture on Donaghey Hall at UCA?  Is that permanent?

Are you talking about Otis the bear? There is a picture of Otis on the previous page in this topic. 

It has been reported that Red Robin will be locating in Lewis Crossing.

Edited by skirby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 3:52 PM, skirby said:

Update on Conway:

Dirt is starting to move for Hideaway Pizza and Outback Steakhouse.

The closed Ruby Tuesday has been sold.

Superior Nissan has opened up just off I-40.

An Indian restaurant has opened up on Prince. 

Soon to open:

Daly's Steakhouse and The Dive.

The Indian restaurant is called Tour of India.

Red Robin is still slated for Lewis Crossing but I don't think the exact parcel has been announced.

Freddy's Frozen Custard has a permit for Oak Street but the address is the Economy Inn so not exactly sure where it will be.

Burge's Deli has a permit for Dave Ward near Acxiom. I don't know if it is related to the LR Burges.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:38 AM, Smith said:

The Indian restaurant is called Tour of India.

Red Robin is still slated for Lewis Crossing but I don't think the exact parcel has been announced.

Freddy's Frozen Custard has a permit for Oak Street but the address is the Economy Inn so not exactly sure where it will be.

Burge's Deli has a permit for Dave Ward near Acxiom. I don't know if it is related to the LR Burges.

Freddy's might be going into the closed Dunkin' Donuts location. It has been totally repainted and work is going on with the interior.

Burge's Deli is under the same ownership as the LR one.

Ceci's Chicken and Waffles is closing down in North Little Rock and relocating to Conway on Dave Ward.

Also, they have finished hanging the steel for the overpass between Conway Commons and Central Landing. Although, I am not sure if Central Landing as purposed will ever be developed.

4 hours ago, skirby said:

Freddy's might be going into the closed Dunkin' Donuts location. It has been totally repainted and work is going on with the interior.

Burge's Deli is under the same ownership as the LR one.

Ceci's Chicken and Waffles is closing down in North Little Rock and relocating to Conway on Dave Ward.

Also, they have finished hanging the steel for the overpass between Conway Commons and Central Landing. Although, I am not sure if Central Landing as purposed will ever be developed.

Freddy's is going where the motel currently sits. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like Conway hasn't seen too much love on here lately so here's a summary of everything thats been going on.

Lewis Crossing Shopping Center:

Most of the empty buildings seem to have interior work going on, the tenants include T-Mobile, Sprint, Success Vision, Rita's Italian Ice, a Nail Spa, and a few others that don't have signs up.

IMG_0526.thumb.JPG.eaf8ec816a7835f3e0b4dfffe45ddbec.JPG

Three out-parcels have been sold with two currently under construction, these are Red Robin, Hideaway Pizza, and David's Burgers. I believe the picture above will be Red Robin.

IMG_7824.thumb.JPG.323bf277fd70b8deef91031be2604de8.JPG

Above is where they're doing ground work for the Lewis Ranch out-parcel development across from Lewis Crossing, estimated to be completed within a year and half according to Arkansas Business and will include big box stores and I suspect more car dealerships. (The area is much bigger than the picture shows it's hard to take pictures while on a roundabout)

Dave Ward:

A national brand, Meineke, bought the old H2Oil car service place and spent about a month rebranding the building, it was opened earlier last month.

There are plans to extend the four lanes of road at Lewis Crossing out to the intersection of Dave Ward, Mayor Lane, and East German Lane.

The new Burges turkey place is still under construction between Axciom and Meineke, metal framing has gone up and so have wooden walls.

IMG_9329.thumb.JPG.c065585a40eb826d98c46e2f8152a121.JPG

Above is a new building where Deboard and C2 Powersports have moved, there are about three other buildings in this style I don't think have been covered on here with another one on the way judging by the heavy dirt moving. These are all around the area where the old bus plant used to be making this area look a lot less abandoned.

Daylight Donuts is moving into a location at the strip mall across from Honda World.

IMG_8041.thumb.JPG.9e63f3248d5bba64f39b74fa90a9ff81.JPGThis is the new Starbucks across from UCA that opened about a month ago, has stayed pretty busy since. There's a lot to the right of it that had a "sold" sticker added to it a few weeks ago, don't know anything about that yet.

IMG_3562.thumb.JPG.50a4dc77825d32a6496eaaa652b5e0c1.JPG

This is the Shoppes at Center Stone strip mall, it was completed a couple months ago, so far the only teneant is Super Cuts. In the picture you can see some tape and a caution cone on the walking  trail, this is where the pedestrian bridge is to be constructed. According to the UCA Physical Plant website work on this isn't supposed to start till after January 1st but maybe they're starting early.

Roux's Cajun food recently opened and has replaced The Draft sports bar due to their recent closure for not checking ID's on several occasions.

Ceci's Chicken and Waffles is now open in the space previously occupied by Bleu Flame, driving by it today it looked surprisingly busy.

I've seen construction trucks parked at Axciom along with port a potties so they might be doing some remodeling now that they're the headquarters again.

UCA:

Major construction projects are fully complete including the annex between the two science buildings, and the Chainwheel Bike Shop which opened a month ago inside of Donaghey Hall, this was it's final tenant to be constructed.

Minor projects include replacing all lights with more efficient LED fixtures, waterproofing several buildings including the stadium, a complete replacement of Mashburn Halls roof, replacing old wood and repainting Irby and McAlister halls, a new sidewalk completed a couple of days ago connecting Donaghey Hall to the south, replacing old building signs with new ones including the new logo, and the fountain is having pretty extensive work done to it replacing the underground vault and repairing the four pools.

Inside sources tell me the next two major projects will be a new fine arts building across from Thompson Hall, and phase 2 of greek village which will be the construction of the fraternity houses. Old houses are being sold and moved from the location currently to accommodate this. They are currently waiting for Fall 2017 enrollment numbers before starting either of these projects. They're expecting a record high freshmen class.

Hendrix:

IMG_0180.thumb.JPG.02a22ef5d6c46fb796e91b7aed5897f3.JPGConstruction of the new welcome center is coming along and is expected to be open before classes start. In the Hendrix article announcing the building they also stated that they're including the restoration of the pedestrian bridge to make it match the architecture of the other buildings, this has yet to begin.

http://thecabin.net/local/news/2017-04-27/commercial-lots-available-hendrix-village

Above you can see that Hendrix is not done making mixed use retail buildings. The leasing signs for these locations have gone up and when they're completed I think this will make the area look twice as impressive than it already is.

Central Landing!!

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jul/02/central-landing-still-works-ceo-says/?f=rivervalley

While writing this post I accidentally found this article that went up today. To sum it up as of two weeks ago Dillards is not only still interested, but they're committed!

In the article you can see the progress on the overpass, the picture looks to be about three days old.

IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.f1bd54351a926d590ae639d656aeb4db.JPG

Here's 6th street, last week they finished paving the other side of the road. It's almost identical to the layout of Prince Street, four lanes divided in the middle with three roundabouts and the signature Conway street lights going up.

IMG_3774.thumb.JPG.0cd87708031aa24f17afe46dcd6c36bc.JPG

Much of the road work seems to have shifted to connecting this to the overpass (pictured above) and major ground work is going on at the road which will connect Bruce Street to this street. Existing Bruce Street road seems to be getting ready for a complete reconstruction expanding the amount of lanes, adding a median and other decorations to try to make it not look like the most run down part of Conway anymore.

Medical Park:

IMG_8962.thumb.JPG.d6b4e86213945c1239ebbfa67036c1f1.JPGAbove is the nearly completed Baptist Health office building. It's expected to be open later this month.

I'm not sure if it's been said on here but the main health center has been fully completed including the women's center which puts on a neat LED light show at night.

Near this, behind Superior Dodge, they're constructing a what according to theCabin.net will be a 120 bed nursing home. Foundation work is currently being done on this.

Interstate Improvements:

The Conway loop is officially complete. Grand opening was a couple of weeks ago and is now exit 132 named Baker-Willis Parkway.

59596fec1416e_ScreenShot2017-07-02at5_11_33PM.thumb.png.bf8d854cdde9693af0c05a2e1170e72d.png

Above is the exit 124 extension going to Greenbrier expected to be complete within the first week of August. This satellite image is a few months old but you can kind of tell what it will look like.

Salem:

IMG_6592.thumb.JPG.2aba9d0fe9f81a7a5d31e11846f59ad1.JPG

Site work is underway for an 84 unit apartment complex beside the Conway Regional Health and Fitness Center and behind Slim Chickens. With it being next to the walking trail, fitness centers, Kroger, other places on Salem and Prince, and the High School, this seems like a perfect place for an apartment complex.

A roundabout is expected to go in at the intersection of Salem and College Ave. Theres a lot of work being done in this area with replacing old electrical posts with fewer and nicer metal ones so I assume they'll start after thats complete.

The car wash in Kroger's parking lot recently got a major revamp making it look completely different and it now has a striking red and blue color scheme. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to revamp the car wash next to McDonalds on Dave Ward as well.

Oak Street & Downtown:

According to theCabin.net, foundation work has begun downtown on J Lofts, the four story 21 two bedroom apartment building with a parking garage on the first floor. I still haven't been able to find this but I read its somewhere where Spencer and Smith St. are which were recently reconstructed to accommodate this.

IMG_6033.thumb.JPG.6781cc1262c421b56c787950efb9a382.JPG

John Daly's Steakhouse is set to be completed within two weeks.

IMG_9487.thumb.JPG.16acc870713ebd3a6d2659dfa4299c43.JPGReplacing the old bank at the intersection of Oak and Harkrider will be a PrimeCare pharmacy and care center. They used the old bank building but have torn most the walls down, reconstruction parts and expanded it so much I think the only part left from the old building is the foundation.

IMG_9884.thumb.JPG.545ac2e83c55ecc02a84379877f67ab8.JPG

Pictured here is the Outback Steakhouse next to the Chipotle and the recently completed Verizon store building.

The Dive is a southern food restaurant next to Taco Bell that replaced what I think was a Chinese restaurant that closed a couple of years ago. This opened early last month.

Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin Robins are being replaced by a Capitan Hook's Fish and Chicken. The outside of this building was repainted a month ago but I haven't really seen anything else done to it.

Miscellaneous:

IMG_1660.thumb.JPG.7a850a48774d0b552cd5a7f6d3479fa2.JPG 

Stoby's is set to reopen later this month. Work on the parking lot is currently underway.

IMG_5261.thumb.JPG.fa7e93d9ca13e969ac7bee02660b846c.JPGNot sure if its been mentioned on here but the ConwayCorp building is complete.

IMG_8453.thumb.JPG.3c3dd40f5b27cdb5165b10f56ce88f6a.JPGI haven't done any research on this but I'm assuming this is going to be St. Josephs new high school building.IMG_3547.thumb.JPG.4fd54015cf14c091c401236cf5d02c68.JPGWork is still underway for the Acadia Behavioral Health center near the technology park.

IMG_3287.thumb.JPG.567a8574d7af191ac57753c65681ba7e.JPGSeveral improvements to our trails have been made such as the addition of this pedestrian light.

IMG_8860.thumb.JPG.30033acec6c508aeb9d3e1cbeba50e06.JPGAbove is one of our new bike sharing stations powered by Zagster. There are five of these, the one pictured above next to the Chamber of Commerce building, Simon Park, the walking trail at Salem, the walking trail at Tyler St., and another I forget the location of. These appeared about three weeks ago and this is apparently the first bike sharing program in Arkansas. So far they've been very successful, they're usually all gone when I want to try one out.

A few other things, the Trampoline park at the Towne Centre shopping center is set for a ribbon cutting this week, Hampton is looking at building a hotel behind Walmart where the old Ruby Tuesdays was, and the Conway Expo Center has received funding so it can be completed. Not everything is good though, Rocket Fizz closed last week due to lack of business and parking.. rip, but the Hot Springs location is still open.

Edited by Ronny

• 3 weeks later...

The Economy Inn has fencing around it and I doubt it will be there much longer. This is the address listed under  plumbing permits for the location of Freddy's Frozen Custard.

Across Oak between Chipotle and the under construction Outback is another building under construction.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2015 at 5:08 PM, skirby said:

Looks like Deluxe Burger is a no go but a lease has been signed for the building by Fat Daddy's Bar-B-Que out of Russellville. Also, Southwestern Energy has announced they will be leasing out 43,000 sq. ft. of their building located in Hendrix Village. This includes part of the 3rd floor and all of the 4th.

Ensono a tech company based out of Chicago with longtime operations in Conway has moved into the Southwestern Energy building taking up 29,000 sq.ft.

• 5 weeks later...

A few updates.

Finished: Overpass connecting the Commons and Central Landing(?), Stoby's, John Daly's opens today and Outback will be opening in a few weeks.

Shipley Do-nuts on Oak has closed for relocation and the building it was in has been demolished.

The Conway Tennis Center is under construction across Prince from the high school. It was designed by Rick Sowell.

TMxazO.jpg

• 1 month later...

Central Landing is in the news because the original developer has pulled out of the project. City officials state that a new developer is ready to proceed with the project and closing on the property should occur later this month or early December. No word as yet if Dillard's will still be included as part of the retail side of this mixed use development.

21 hours ago, skirby said:

Central Landing is in the news because the original developer has pulled out of the project. City officials state that a new developer is ready to proceed with the project and closing on the property should occur later this month or early December. No word as yet if Dillard's will still be included as part of the retail side of this mixed use development.

Dillards said they were still interested in a presence in Conway.  They didn't indicate where though. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Update of projects under construction or planned.

Under construction:

Burkhalter's apartment project  at Central Landing.

Panda Express located at I-40 and 64.

Steak and Shake set to open this week on Dave Ward.

Dave Ward Pedestrian Overpass.

Hampton Inn to be located at the old Ruby Tuesday's site.

Planned:

Springdale-based Foghorn's has purchased the old Outback building and plans to open in 2019.

Office building for women's clinics at Conway Regional Hospital.

New  80,000 square foot health sciences building at UCA.

Study for a connector linking up 65 and 64.

On 12/10/2018 at 11:19 AM, skirby said:

Update of projects under construction or planned.

Under construction:

Burkhalter's apartment project  at Central Landing.

Panda Express located at I-40 and 64.

Steak and Shake set to open this week on Dave Ward.

Dave Ward Pedestrian Overpass.

Hampton Inn to be located at the old Ruby Tuesday's site.

Planned:

Springdale-based Foghorn's has purchased the old Outback building and plans to open in 2019.

Office building for women's clinics at Conway Regional Hospital.

New  80,000 square foot health sciences building at UCA.

Study for a connector linking up 65 and 64.

As mentioned above the apartment project is one of eight projects planned for the development. The other seven projects ranging in area from three acres to thirty will be announced sometime during the first quarter of next year. These projects will include  retail, office and entertainment with construction to start just before or just after the announcement.  The owner of the property is in talks to expand the development with adjacent property.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 9:29 AM, Smith said:

Steak N Shake on Dave Ward opened a week or two ago. It's been packed everytime I've driven by.  They are also clearing land for another strip of stores. I believe it is a phase II of The Plazza next door to Steak N Shake.

I sure thought Steak N Shake in Conway would be over by David's Burgers and Hideaway Pizza.  It's waaaaaay off the beaten path.  

On 2/8/2019 at 10:03 AM, Arkanzin said:

I sure thought Steak N Shake in Conway would be over by David's Burgers and Hideaway Pizza.  It's waaaaaay off the beaten path.  

It's at Dave Ward and Donaghey which has plenty of traffic (I see it everyday) and is directly across from UCA. I'm sure they are betting more on locals than interstate travelers. The one off the beaten path is the one in Greenbrier!