Everything Conway

Village Books is now open and Panera Bread is taking applications. Other projects in Conway include the complete redo of the Cinemark Theatre. What was previously six screens will soon be 12.

Also, work continues on the new Faulkner County Fairgrounds, it is scheduled to open for this year's fair. The old fairgrounds will become a baseball complex for the city. Harps is opening a new grocery store and Kroger recently redid one of their locations and is planning to double the size of the one located on Salem Road.

I really need to get up to Conway to see this. I'm still baffled that there are no "legitimate" TND's in Little Rock (for good or for bad).

Come October you will have something else to view in Conway. Sometime in October the "Subterranean Rainbow" will open beneath Harkrider Street as a pedestrian underpass for Hendrix College. It will be composed of two 50-foot sections under the street. It is being designed by Christopher Janney of Boston as part of his Urban Musical Instrument series. Subterranean Rainbow

Come October you will have something else to view in Conway. Sometime in October the "Subterranean Rainbow" will open beneath Harkrider Street as a pedestrian underpass for Hendrix College. It will be composed of two 50-foot sections under the street. It is being designed by Christopher Janney of Boston as part of his Urban Musical Instrument series. Subterranean Rainbow

Wow...that should be cool! Nice concept to overcome the "stigma" of a darkly lit tunnel and encourage pedestrian traffic!

• 3 weeks later...

ZaZa's has their signs up and looks like they will soon be opening.

dsc00161uo.jpg

Southwestern Energy.

dsc00162qg.jpg

Area looking towards I-40 from Hendrix Village. It contains six + hotels along with a Ruby Tuesday and an Outback.

dsc00164f.jpg

Houses in Hendrix Village.

dsc00166t.jpg

Looking south on Harkrider. Soon to be divided leading up to the first of two roundabouts. Notice the new streetlights.

dsc00167z.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Restaurant news for Conway:

Buffalo Wild Wings may soon be landing near TGI Fridy's on Oak Street.

Beef O'Brady's is looking to locate in the Conway Towne Centre. A Liquor license has been applied for and the word is that it will be locating across from the new theater where El Chico's is now operating.

Restaurant news for Conway:

Buffalo Wild Wings may soon be landing near TGI Fridy's on Oak Street.

Beef O'Brady's is looking to locate in the Conway Towne Centre. A Liquor license has been applied for and the word is that it will be locating across from the new theater where El Chico's is now operating.

Cool, those should both do well.

On a related note- why the hell isn't there a TGI Friday's in Little Rock? I desperately miss my fried mac and cheese and that burger that will someday make a cardiologist very rich off of me. I also wish BWW would open a location in a more central part of Little Rock. The current spot on Cantrell is WAY out there.

Cool, those should both do well.

On a related note- why the hell isn't there a TGI Friday's in Little Rock? I desperately miss my fried mac and cheese and that burger that will someday make a cardiologist very rich off of me. I also wish BWW would open a location in a more central part of Little Rock. The current spot on Cantrell is WAY out there.

BMW of Little Rock is currently off of Rodney Parham on Shackleford (not Cantrell). It happens to be next to both Volvo, Audi and Cadillac...so there's some density of luxury marques there, and it's near the interchange at I-430 and Rodney Parham. However, there were rumors a year or two ago about BMW moving down to Colonel Glen near the new Mercedes, Land Rover and Jaguar dealerships.

p.s. There really is no comparison of the new Mercedes facility to the old one, but I'm still surprised they moved to such a suburban location.

BMW of Little Rock is currently off of Rodney Parham on Shackleford (not Cantrell). It happens to be next to both Volvo, Audi and Cadillac...so there's some density of luxury marques there, and it's near the interchange at I-430 and Rodney Parham. However, there were rumors a year or two ago about BMW moving down to Colonel Glen near the new Mercedes, Land Rover and Jaguar dealerships.

p.s. There really is no comparison of the new Mercedes facility to the old one, but I'm still surprised they moved to such a suburban location.

No, BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings) not BMW, is way out on Cantrell in the middle of nowhere. I was talking about the restaurants mentioned in the earlier post. As I'm not currently in the market for luxury cars, I pretty much ignore their dealerships. Buffalo Wild Wings on the other hand...

According to plumbing permits, Golden Corral and Jimmy John's are also opening Conway locations.

The Golden Corral will be located right at the entrance ramp for I-40 off of Oak Street(Hwy 64). In order to be located there they demolished part of the Best Western.

Also, Dick's Sporting Goods will be locating next to Best Buy in the Conway Commons.

UCA has started construction of a new dorm next to the football stadium. It will have 385 beds on four floors and the fifth floor will contain 12- 20 person skyboxes overlooking the stadium.

With this new development, I'm still surprised that Conway does not have a major bookstore. Perhaps a Barnes &Noble would fit in the Village at Hendrix

B & N has two locations in Conway, one at UCA and the other at Hendrix. B & N runs both of the college bookstores and the Hendrix location is in the Village at Hendrix under the name of Village Bookstore so I don't think they will be adding anything else.

B & N has two locations in Conway, one at UCA and the other at Hendrix. B & N runs both of the college bookstores and the Hendrix location is in the Village at Hendrix under the name of Village Bookstore so I don't think they will be adding anything else.

Yes, I am aware of their collegiate partnership. I was referring to a true, 'life-size' B&N. As a UCA graduate and frequent visitor of Hendrix, their B&N is no more than a small section with a few signs advertising the B&N name, and they're generally only open 8-4. B&N does offer a great 'website to college' ordering system for students who purchase their textbooks online.

Yes, I am aware of their collegiate partnership. I was referring to a true, 'life-size' B&N. As a UCA graduate and frequent visitor of Hendrix, their B&N is no more than a small section with a few signs advertising the B&N name, and they're generally only open 8-4. B&N does offer a great 'website to college' ordering system for students who purchase their textbooks online.

And the Hendrix Bookstore is not open on weekends either. 8-4 or so Monday through Friday.

Where can the plumbing permits be viewed? There used to be a website but I can't find it anymore.

You are correct, there was another website I used to visit that had a pretty extensive list. Not sure what happened to it.

Lately I've been visiting the following: http://www.healthy.a...B/namelist.htm

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/PLUMB/namelist.htm

Edited by Hyacinth

• 3 weeks later...