Everything Conway

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Conway the other day and noticed they have been moving a lot of dirt at the Lewis Crossing site. The Baptist Hospital is coming along very well. About a mile down the freeway, they have started working on the roundabout and overpass to connect Conway Commons with the future shopping center Central Landing. It's amazing to see things like this happening in Conway. 

• 1 month later...

Groundbreaking was held today for the new Baptist Hospital.  The 3 story 96 room hospital will have a total cost of $130 million.

xhq4.jpg

The size of the hospital has increased and now it will contain 111 beds and the floor space increased from 211,00 to 264,000 square feet.  Completion is scheduled for early 2016.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2014, 11:15:50, skirby said:
On 9/21/2014, 7:58:46, skirby said:

The bid for work on I-40 from Morgan to I-430 has been accepted and work should start soon. This will be the last section of the widening of I-40 from NLR to Conway.

Work has started on this section. This week the section between Mayflower and Morgan has opened.

I-40 is now six lanes between Conway and NLR. The only part still under construction is the I-40/I-430 interchange.

On 8/31/2015, 4:41:25, skirby said:

The Log Cabin is reporting that a Chipotle will be locating at the old Superior Chevrolet location on Oak. It had previously been announced that a Chedder's would locate there but they pulled out.

Chipotle has received its permit and for the same development a permit has been issued for a Home 2 Suites. Work has started on these projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2014 at 10:07 AM, skirby said:

Plans have been announced for the vacant building on Oak across from Rogers Plaza. Part of the building will be turned into a Deluxe Burger and the other part will become an upscale bar/lounge. Also, something should be happening to the Arvest Bank branch on Oak. They want to open a temporary branch behind the operating branch. Will they remodel or build a new building?  

Looks like Deluxe Burger is a no go but a lease has been signed for the building by Fat Daddy's Bar-B-Que out of Russellville. Also, Southwestern Energy has announced they will be leasing out 43,000 sq. ft. of their building located in Hendrix Village. This includes part of the 3rd floor and all of the 4th.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2015 at 4:49 PM, skirby said:

Downtown Conway will be the location of the first John Daly's branded steakhouse. The building where it will be located will also contain 4 lofts on the upper floor. Also, the mayor said last night that Central Landing is not a done deal.

The developer for Daly's will no longer rehab the buildings where the restaurant is to be located. Because of the conditions of the buildings they will be demolished and a new structure will be constructed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Restaurants under development in Conway: Original Fried Pie Shop, Shucked Surf & Turf Shack replacing Russo's, John Daly's Steakhouse, Chipotle and Fat Daddy's BBQ out of Russellville. These should all be open before the summer and others are planned for Lewis Crossing and Donaghey Hall.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2016 at 4:04 PM, skirby said:

Donaghey Hall

4qm9v9.jpg

A new addition to Donaghey Hall has been announced. A 15 foot, 3000 pound stainless steel sculpture of a bear named Otis will attach itself to the  forth floor of the building. Will Otis become the King Kong of Conway? Also, by the end of the month plans for an additional 30 acres along Donaghey should be announced.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:53 AM, skirby said:

Restaurants under development in Conway: Original Fried Pie Shop, Shucked Surf & Turf Shack replacing Russo's, John Daly's Steakhouse, Chipotle and Fat Daddy's BBQ out of Russellville. These should all be open before the summer and others are planned for Lewis Crossing and Donaghey Hall.

On the Border has received  permits and will be located in Lewis Crossing along with David's Burgers.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Arkanzin said:

I think it was discussed in this thread that H&M would be opening a location in Conway.  It appears that an H&M will be opening first in Jonesboro.  

H&M to open in Mall at Turtle Creek

Jonesboro!?!??!?!?

I thought it was bad that Conway was before Little Rock, but Jonesboro? I still think they need a location at the Promenade. Maybe a free-standing building right behind Home Goods.

3 hours ago, adman0468 said:

Jonesboro!?!??!?!?

I thought it was bad that Conway was before Little Rock, but Jonesboro? I still think they need a location at the Promenade. Maybe a free-standing building right behind Home Goods.

H&M was supposed to go to the Outlet mall in Little Rock where Restoration Hardware currently occupied but back out at the last minute. I'm not sure why they back out.

16 minutes ago, Allen Alexander said:

Then why isn't there one in Fayetteville? Or Conway? those are both college towns

Who says they aren't looking there? It's all about available space and a willing landlord. An H&M deal isn't easy. 

My understanding is that talks were underway at the mall in Fayetteville with the previous management prior to it selling.

1 hour ago, comreguy said:

Who says they aren't looking there? It's all about available space and a willing landlord. An H&M deal isn't easy. 

My understanding is that talks were underway at the mall in Fayetteville with the previous management prior to it selling.

So why not Little Rock?

• 2 months later...

Chipotle  has opened while in the same development a new building has been built for Verizon. Behind Verizon a Home2Suites is under construction. The developer is in talks with another restaurant and it looking to add a third restaurant and another hotel to the property. Also. some of the businesses in Lewis Crossing are expected to open in August and the new Baptist Hospital  is looking to open in September.

• 1 month later...

Lewis Crossing is just about ready. Signs on buildings are up and work looks just about done. It is a massive area and I wish it was there while I lived in Conway.

Starbucks is coming to the corner of Donaghey and Dave Ward, just east of the First Security. Just down from that, Andy's Frozen Custard has been open for a couple months now. Two other buildings along the same strip are up but not entirely sure what they are. Burger King is one of them (plumbing permit). No signage or plumbing permits from what I can find on the other. I used to live in the apartments behind there and always wanted things to be close so I could walk and not drive. It was always crazy to me that there was not more things that were walking distance from campus. When I got a primo parking spot, I wasn't giving it up. The kids there now are living it up. Fancy football field, expanded student center, more new buildings than I can count. The Donaghey Hall looks to be pretty nice as well. Something called Uncle T's Deli is locating in the ground floor.