East Nashville

ATLBrain

From the to-and-fro on this forum, I've become quite interested in this part of the city. However, I haven't seen much of it. How run down is it? Is it being rehabbed? What vintage are the houses? Does anyone know Atlanta well enough to make any comparison to a section here? How much are the homes (one that could be fixed up)? Is it still on the rise? Would it be a good area for a family with three small kids (aka me and my wife... the kids are all under 7)? OK, you guys get the idea.

I'd appreciate any pics you might have. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brain, East is my specialty. Let me think on this a bit. It's probably one of the Nashville areas true mixed-use, mixed income areas. The truly poor and the truly affluent live in close proximity. East Nashville is one of Nashville's most interesting success stories, and the changes are occurring daily, some of a very dramatic scale. I spend a great deal of time in the area and live a mere minutes away (in east, but the Inglewood area ... approx 5 mi from city core). Tomorrow might be a good day to show take some recent photos and show you just what I mean.

Hey guys. I bought a house here in East Nashville a year ago, and the neighborhood is booming and vibrant. There was a huge fire here in 1917, or thereabouts, so many of the homes were built in the 20's and 30's. Mine happens to be built in 1930. As for an area of Atlanta to compare it to, I would have to say the closest comparison would be Liitle Five Points. East Nashville has not near the array of shops as Little FIve Points, but the ones that are here give me the same type vibe. Hopefully you can come check it out for yourself sometime soon!!

Muldrake76 - Hey nice to see another East Nashvillan on the board. You can keep Dave and William company! Hope to see more of your posts on the forum in the near future. We definately want to see what you have to say, esp. with your Atlanta perspective.

- Sidenote- I think William lives in East Nashville, no?

Archived