NCB's Trip Through Louisiana Part I

NCB

I just got back from a short trip up to extreme SW Arkansas/NW Texas. I have over 125 pictures that I will post in the respective forums, but I will post a few at a time, so that the thread doesn't get overloaded with pictures and no discussion. Most of these pictures were taken from inside my vehicle while going 60-75mph, so sorry for the poor quality on some of them.

Part I-Southeast Louisiana(Greater Baton Rouge)

Part II-Central Louisiana(Everything between Baton Rouge and NW Louisiana)

Part III-Northwest Louisiana(Metropolitan Shreveport)

I'll start it off with pictures from the Baton Rouge area. :)

Greater Baton Rouge

Hammond,LA(not in Greater B.R., but near it)

IMG_02421.jpg

Coming into Baton Rouge on Interstate 12

IMG_02471.jpg

The large Marriot Hotel a few miles outside of downtown

IMG_02481.jpg

The Louisiana State Capitol popping up over the trees.

IMG_02501.jpg

The Baton Rouge skyline as seen from Interstate 10

IMG_02541.jpg

The Greater Baton Rouge Bridge over the Mississippi River

IMG_02531.jpg

The Mighty Mississippi!

IMG_02561.jpg

We are now on U.S. Highway 71, going northwest towards Alexandria,LA. I decided to skip I-10 to Lafayette this trip.

The chemical plants lining the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge, seen from a few miles away

IMG_02601.jpg

A logging/paper plant along highway 71

IMG_02621.jpg

The bridges over the Atchafalaya River

IMG_02631.jpg

The Atchafalaya River(bad angle)

IMG_02651.jpg

Many more to come! Most of which will be better quality, and will take full use of the 5.0 megapixels available. :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I've been waiting for this. :D I liked the pics of the bridges and the river a lot. By the way Nate were you taking pics while driving? I can't say I've given that much of a try. I'm also curious to see your camera in full glory since I may be getting the same model you have. Nice to have you back too by the way Nate. :D

^For most of the trip I was a passenger. I was riding with a cousin who lives in Baton Rouge. Most of these pictures were taken from the passenger side.

BTW Rod, Youll get to see what the S2 can do when I upload other pics. And I'll really show off the zoom!

Nice pictures! I hope the Baton Rouge Marriott is doing better as a Marriott than it did as a Hilton. T.D. Bickham built the place back in the 70's and it struggled for years. They kept the nightclub, TD's, in his honor long after he died.

^For most of the trip I was a passenger. I was riding with a cousin who lives in Baton Rouge. Most of these pictures were taken from the passenger side.

BTW Rod, Youll get to see what the S2 can do when I upload other pics. And I'll really show off the zoom!

Cool I'm looking forward to it. As much as I enjoy photography I'm just not sure I'm ready to spend thwe money on a digital SLR I'm I'm starting to think of just getting the S2 myself. It will still be a nice upgrade from the current Canon I have now. I'm also glad you're not taking pics while trying to drive. You had me worried there. :lol:

^LOL, thanks Rural King!

The hardest shot to get was the Mississippi River, as you are going over the bridge at around 60mph, and there are those huge steel beams with around 3 feet of space between them, but I think it turned into a pretty good shot.

• 1 month later...

Your exactly right ! I can hardly wait to see the future SKYLINE, I'm begining to get a little impatient ; but I realize things are not the same after Katrina w/ construction cost $ increasing.

In yesterday's newspaper the proposed new Courthouse Downtown may cost more, est. before at $60mil ; it could swell to $70 or $80 mil.

Also, they are looking at building an ADDITIONAL FLOOR or TWO ?

The current rendering has it at 9-stories;but w/ the extra population the court is trying to determine wheteher or not it needs to expand !

http://brgov.com/dept/ddd/developmentsnew.htm

NCB, you can add this to the BR Development thread ! Thanks

Scroll all-the-way down to the bottom,last pic. The website actually made an error saying approx.8-floors;and did not mention possible addition

Archived