What Retail/Restaurants Do You Think the Triad Deserves?

Hotlanta

I've been reading some posts in the Charlotte and Atlanta forums about retail people want, and I figure why not put a place here. Now obviously if I had done a section on Winston then that would've sparked a little bit of a heated debate. So I think in competition with the other 2 regions in our state I think we need more upscale retail in our area, like Nordstrom. So what do you think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a Nordstrom or Saks would be great in the triad. But what area or mall do you think would suit it. Also what are the traffic levels in some other high-end stores such as Dillards or Hecht's? But overall I think it would be good. I could see something squezzing in at Hanes or at one of those new outdoor mall being built in G-boro.

Well I would like to see Hanes add a second addition on and construct a large enough place for Nordstrom. There just has to be more stores that want to occupy Hanes, the mall ha sgot to be at least 98% leased. If they were to construct an addition (many of you are wondering where), I think it would look great at the entrance where TGI Fridays and the carousel is. Really I want hanes to remain the only mall in the city but you never know.

I agree. I think Nordstrom would come to Friendly Center if it came to Greensboro at all. Its a very wealthy area of town and thats were the upscale retailers would go. But I would like to see a theme restaurant come downtown like The House of Blues. That would be great for the South Elm/Lee Street development.

I agree. I think Nordstrom would come to Friendly Center if it came to Greensboro at all. Its a very wealthy area of town and thats were the upscale retailers would go. But I would like to see a theme restaurant come downtown like The House of Blues. That would be great for the South Elm/Lee Street development.

You know that vacant lot next to Four Seasons and the Koury Convention Center? I'd like to see Nordstrom move there. That would be awesome! Here's a link to a discussion here on UP about that old site ( you may have to search a bit but it's in there) Old Site Next To Four Seasons

You know that vacant lot next to Four Seasons and the Koury Convention Center? I'd like to see Nordstrom move there. That would be awesome! Here's a link to a discussion here on UP about that old site ( you may have to search a bit but it's in there) Old Site Next To Four Seasons

I think another likely use for that site is expansion for the convention center.

I think another likely use for that site is expansion for the convention center.

Does the convention center really get used alot? It would seem to me all the big thing go to the coliseum and it's annex. It would be cool if they put a Four Seasons Mall Pt. 2 over there on that lot with a skyway connecting the 2.

Greensboro could use Bertuccis and the best location for that would be along the High Point Road vicinity.

Only the Charlotte area has Bertuccis as of now.

It sure would be alot better than Carrabbas! That place has the worst food! :sick:

Well if the mall expert says no, then I guess we are just **** out of luck! Darn it! :P
Can't knock my hustle :lol:

Does the convention center really get used alot? It would seem to me all the big thing go to the coliseum and it's annex. It would be cool if they put a Four Seasons Mall Pt. 2 over there on that lot with a skyway connecting the 2.

It does get used a lot. The big conventions aren't as visible as the smaller ones, because a lot of people travel to the hotel by airport shuttle and taxi, but it's in constant use for meetings of all sizes.

I don't see that site being developed in the near future. It's a great spot for something, almost anything in fact, but anyone who fills it is going to have to be playing with their "A" game. It's a rather signifigant piece of property.

One thing I do know is that the site will be more likely turned into part of the convention center than anything else. Nordstrom, if they came to that neighborhood, would work better in the mall itself. Four Seasons itself has the infrastructure and enough upscale stores to handle an anchor like Nordstrom, though it would fit better demographically in the Friendly Center area. Trying to build a Nordstrom and complimentary stores on that particular site would dilute the power of both Four Seasons and the new development. Nobody winds in a scenario like that.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering what people think of something opening up like they have in charlotte, where they have a 100,000 sf with several restaurants, bars, clubs, etc inside of it. for years I've seen many people I know go to raleigh and charlotte on the weekends to go to bars, I want to change that. what do you think of something such as that opening up in greensboro, near downtown? probably with bars, restaurants, clubs, maybe even a bowling alley, because drunk bowling is fun haha.

Archived