CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

I don't have any pictures but I drove down that two lane road between Woodruff Road and Verdae Boulevard next to Budget and they have started to remove houses on that road and started to clear the trees. Also it looks like they are getting ready to start widening Woodruff Road from Laurens Road to Verdae Boulevard.

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/specialre..._plan/index.htm or http://www.verdaedevelopment.com/

According to this, that area where the houses are being removed is going to be residental homes and the Hollingsworth Legacy Park.

Awesome. Thanks. I'm ready for the residential stuff to start! I want as much to take place before 2010 as possible, so we'll be able to see a huge jump in city population :silly: !

In tje most recent GSA Business there is an article about all the new upstart banks in the area. It mentions that Bank Greenville will open its first branch at the Corner of Verdae and Rocky Slope. This must be some Verdae property, I hope it fits with in the master plan, and if this is where that Town Center is to go in the Future I hope it is designed accordingly.

I don't have any pictures but I drove down that two lane road between Woodruff Road and Verdae Boulevard next to Budget and they have started to remove houses on that road and started to clear the trees. Also it looks like they are getting ready to start widening Woodruff Road from Laurens Road to Verdae Boulevard.

Some they just tore down, while others they are actually taking the time to move. I thought it was odd that they would do this. They're not that nice of houses.

Some they just tore down, while others they are actually taking the time to move. I thought it was odd that they would do this. They're not that nice of houses.

Maybe they don't own the houses? Perhaps they bought the land and the owners would rather move the houses...? I know someone who owns a couple of them. I'll have to check and find out

If you are a property owner that needs to have a house moved or torn down, moving can be cheaper or profitable. While tearing it down will just cost you money. You can actually get money for having it moved. The movers will pay you for the house, though its usually a small amount, becuase they then sell the house to someone who has aplace for it. Often the buyers are investors who will you it for a rental, it also can be a good alternative to purchasing a mobile home.

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/specialre..._plan/index.htm or http://www.verdaedevelopment.com/

According to this, that area where the houses are being removed is going to be residental homes and the Hollingsworth Legacy Park.

Originally when the development was announced, Legacy Park was suppose to be the first thing completed. Will be great to have a large, quality park in this area of town. :thumbsup:

Originally when the development was announced, Legacy Park was suppose to be the first thing completed. Will be great to have a large, quality park in this area of town. :thumbsup:

yea, Gower Park serves its purpose I guess, but it can be kind of scary some time and it's not all that great anyway.

^ Thanks RT!

Per g-man430's note above, the houses are definitely being moved and preparation of the land is underway for Verdae. Verdae has started! :yahoo:

Some photos.

These houses along Rocky Slope are being removed:

CIMG4087.jpg

CIMG4088.jpg

CIMG4094.jpg

The below spots are where houses stood just a couple of weeks ago. All gone!

CIMG4089.jpg

CIMG4092.jpg

CIMG4091.jpg

CIMG4093.jpg

And below, site work has begun for the initial parts of Verdae! :D

CIMG4095.jpg

Edited by gsupstate

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since anyone asked so I will ,Has anyone been by Verdae lately I wonder how things are coming along.

I went by this past weekend. They are STILL moving houses. It irritates me becuase it's taking forever! I'm so ready to see this take off!

Does anyone know if there will be townhomes included in Verdae? I know that the townhomes that are in the Parkins Mill area are hard to come by and so when they go up for sale they never hit the market. I think they'd be a very worth while investment to be a part of this. :thumbsup:

There are townhomes planned, but not as part of phase 1. As a result, there are no renderings or other information on them, but you can view phase 1 properties here. :thumbsup:

Skyliner I'm glad you posted that link to Verdae phase one. I just went to the website for the first time in a while and it looks updated. I also forget the sheer size of the Verdae Development.....the size of this project is on par with an Atlanta or Charlotte type project. All of us UPer's have years of enjoyment ahead watching the construction of this project unfold! :D