CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

• 4 weeks later...

There's been a few trees removed at the corner of Verdae and Laurens (across from Olive Garden), and several vehicles moving dirt around. Anyone know what's going on? I figured that maybe they're adding some signage for Verdae, but I have no idea.

A large monument sign for Verdae is being built on that corner, as well as another on the corner of Verdae & Woodruff.

A large monument sign for Verdae is being built on that corner, as well as another on the corner of Verdae & Woodruff.

Good to hear!

It would be nice to get Verdae Blvd upgraded to the same level of roadway that Fairforest Way and the streets through ICAR are. In a cost saving measure, I think a multi-use path running alongside the street in both directions would help, add lighting all the way to Woodruff, and plant the median and sides.

PS- what exactly does the "Preserve at Verdae" signify? I think it's odd that it is the only signage that's completely different from the rest of Verdae's. Speaking of which, it'd be nice to Embassy Suites and Verdae Greens to fall in line with the development's sign standards.

It is true. I'm not sure that it is exactly at the corner or just close to it, but they are going there.

Speaking of that area, the city is annexing 3.7 acres on Woodruff across from Magnolia Park. It has a building on it, but I'm not sure which one. It is valued at about $2mm, so it will pay a nice little clip of taxes.

It is true. I'm not sure that it is exactly at the corner or just close to it, but they are going there.

Speaking of that area, the city is annexing 3.7 acres on Woodruff across from Magnolia Park. It has a building on it, but I'm not sure which one. It is valued at about $2mm, so it will pay a nice little clip of taxes.

From the map I thought it was Harry and Jeans or whatever it's called. Could be wrong though...?

I saw on news recently QuikTrip is going on the corner of Woodruff and Verdae possibly. Can anyone else confirm this?

QuikTrip Corporation has applied to have land near that corner annexed into the city and rezoned for the purpose of building a convenience store. You can review the various applications at http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/ .

From the map I thought it was Harry and Jeans or whatever it's called. Could be wrong though...?

That's the property indicated on the application, which was filed by Sachin Shanbhag, managing director of Pinnacle Hospitality, of whose portfolio Harry and Jean's is a part.

[These two properties are not related, but for some reason these my separate replies keep getting merged.]

Edited by RiverWalker

I hate it that these won't be mixed-use. Thumbs down.

Definition of mixed-use: use of building, set of buildings, or neighborhood for more than one purpose. Due to these buildings inside Legacy Square having retail/restaurant space on the ground floor and office space on the second floor, they will be mixed-use. They will be built right up against the street with parking in the back also. No, they won't have half a million dollar condos nobody can afford unfortunately. Even with that, I still give it a thumbs up. Still much better than the big box stores that line Woodruff Road.

Edited by citylife

Definition of mixed-use: use of building, set of buildings, or neighborhood for more than one purpose. Due to these buildings inside Legacy Square having retail/restaurant space on the ground floor and office space on the second floor, they will be mixed-use. They will be built right up against the street with parking in the back also. No, they won't have half a million dollar condos nobody can afford unfortunately. Even with that, I still give it a thumbs up. Still much better than the big box stores that line Woodruff Road.

I'm sorry, maybe I read it wrong, but my understanding what that these were "private retail/restaurant OR office" uses, implying that they were each their own thing and not mixing any additionally uses. But, if the stated businesses are on the above floors, then good. I'd gladly accept that.

I'm sorry, maybe I read it wrong, but my understanding what that these were "private retail/restaurant OR office" uses, implying that they were each their own thing and not mixing any additionally uses. But, if the stated businesses are on the above floors, then good. I'd gladly accept that.

The article says that each building (3 separate) are going to be privately owned. ONE of the three buildings is said to ONLY be a dental office. The remaining two suggest retail on the ground floor. So, I was incorrect about two (sites B and C). I hope and pray that these three buildings will not be detached. If they're connected, then I can approve of this setup.

The article says that each building (3 separate) are going to be privately owned. ONE of the three buildings is said to ONLY be a dental office. The remaining two suggest retail on the ground floor. So, I was incorrect about two (sites B and C). I hope and pray that these three buildings will not be detached. If they're connected, then I can approve of this setup.

This probably should be moved elsewhere, since the property in question is not part of Verdae, but since the discussion has been raised...

As noted previously, this plot of land includes Harry and Jean's as well as vacant acreage. A request has been submitted to have this property rezoned as C-3. The application states: "This property currently accommodates a restaurant on approximately one-half of the developable site while the remaining half is vacant. The Applicant envisions dividing the parcel and offering it for further development." The Planning Staff have reported favorably on the application.

• 1 month later...

More residential development is coming to Verdae, this time in the form of apartments. 56 units are being requested for approval from the City on Woodruff Rd, near Salters Rd. Here's the app. with elevations: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2011/OCTOBER/PlanningCommission/10-13-2010/Z-37-2011-WoodruffandSalterRd.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...