CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

The new powerlines are construction related and will be taken down in the near future.

Verdae Development houses in phase I of Hollingsworth Park that will consists of 24 homes. Sorry about the brightness of the pictures:

The Savannah-early Greek Revival. This simple form was built all along the Eastern Seaboard from 1830-1870. Note the elegant pilasters on the corners of the house and the bold "Greek" cornice of the window and door headers that typify the style: Picture061.jpg

The Georgetown-classic Federal. Inspired by American architecture of the 1780-1820 period. Common features of the syle are the wonderful fanlights over the front door and soldier courses of brick above the windows: Picture059.jpg

Rowan Oak-adaption of Federal Style. The main entry has been creatively placed on what is essentially the side elevation of the house. An elegant series of French doors lead to an inviting raised terrace with cast iron railings on the "front" side of the house: Picture060.jpg

The Davis House-Neo-Classical or Classical Revival. This style is characterized by a symmetrical front elevation. It also incorporates classic features such as columns and pediment-style gables: Picture.jpg

Information card:

Picture062.jpg

Those put me in mind of Celebration, Florida. Without giving specifics, g-man, did they happen to include anything that would give you an idea of the price range (ballpark)?

I believe these homes are going to range from $450,000.00-550,000.00, so they are definitely not going to be cheap.

Thanks for the info, Chickenwing. :thumbsup: I drove down the part of Rocky Slope Road that is still open to see those new powerlines that have been up and unfortunately it looks like they're going to be permanent. Pike Power was there today putting in somewhere poles and lines along the sides of where the 4-lane boulevard will go. :sick: I hope they're not permanent though. :unsure:

Edited by g-man430

Thanks for sharing this stuff with us, g-man. I don't know about y'all, but I'm planning on getting my Ph.D. some day and "retiring" into teaching. But if I wasn't, this place looks pretty cool.

Mr. Sharp: aren't you a bit young to be soliciting information on retirement homes? Heck, for that matter, your parents are a bit too young for this as well, aren't they? Just exactly what do you have up your sleeve, g-man? :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing this stuff with us, g-man. I don't know about y'all, but I'm planning on getting my Ph.D. some day and "retiring" into teaching. But if I wasn't, this place looks pretty cool.

Mr. Sharp: aren't you a bit young to be soliciting information on retirement homes? Heck, for that matter, your parents are a bit too young for this as well, aren't they? Just exactly what do you have up your sleeve, g-man? :ph34r:

I honestly have nothing up my sleeve. I got this information in the mail because i'm on Verdae's mailing list and I thought you guys might be interested in it. No, I don't think any of you are so old that you have to be in a retirement village either. :rolleyes: I just thought people would be interested in what it would look like, the construction schedule, and what it would consist of. :)

I honestly have nothing up my sleeve. I got this information in the mail because i'm on Verdae's mailing list and I thought you guys might be interested in it. No, I don't think any of you are so old that you have to be in a retirement village either. :rolleyes: I just thought people would be interested in what it would look like, the construction schedule, and what it would consist of. :)

OK, but I'll be keeping an eye on my back for anyone sneeking up on me with a wheelchair or a walker. :P

• 5 weeks later...