g-man430

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae Phase 1

Where was this? Was this along the area of old Rocky Slope? Could these have been old lines? Verdae is suppose to be 100% buried.

Ok, maybe they are temporary, I don't know. But they definitely are new.

The new powerlines are construction related and will be taken down in the near future.

Verdae Development houses in phase I of Hollingsworth Park that will consists of 24 homes. Sorry about the brightness of the pictures:

The Savannah-early Greek Revival. This simple form was built all along the Eastern Seaboard from 1830-1870. Note the elegant pilasters on the corners of the house and the bold "Greek" cornice of the window and door headers that typify the style: Picture061.jpg

The Georgetown-classic Federal. Inspired by American architecture of the 1780-1820 period. Common features of the syle are the wonderful fanlights over the front door and soldier courses of brick above the windows: Picture059.jpg

Rowan Oak-adaption of Federal Style. The main entry has been creatively placed on what is essentially the side elevation of the house. An elegant series of French doors lead to an inviting raised terrace with cast iron railings on the "front" side of the house: Picture060.jpg

The Davis House-Neo-Classical or Classical Revival. This style is characterized by a symmetrical front elevation. It also incorporates classic features such as columns and pediment-style gables: Picture.jpg

Information card:

Picture062.jpg

Those are beautiful! With homes like these going up, I Can see this area becoming as attractive to buyers as Alta Vista/Augusta Rd.

Edited by GvilleSC

Those put me in mind of Celebration, Florida. Without giving specifics, g-man, did they happen to include anything that would give you an idea of the price range (ballpark)?

Those put me in mind of Celebration, Florida. Without giving specifics, g-man, did they happen to include anything that would give you an idea of the price range (ballpark)?

I believe these homes are going to range from $450,000.00-550,000.00, so they are definitely not going to be cheap.

I have found out from the developer of Verdae that the lot prices in the first phase will be $125,000 or $145,000. Also, the cost estimate to build will be between $130-$170 per square foot.

They had some lots, pre-phase 1, that could be bought for $95K. The builder could buy 1 at that price, but has to buy a package of 3 or 4. Something like that anyway.

Either way, it's going to be pricey there!

Thanks for the info, Chickenwing. :thumbsup: I drove down the part of Rocky Slope Road that is still open to see those new powerlines that have been up and unfortunately it looks like they're going to be permanent. Pike Power was there today putting in somewhere poles and lines along the sides of where the 4-lane boulevard will go. :sick: I hope they're not permanent though. :unsure:

Edited by g-man430

Thanks for sharing this stuff with us, g-man. I don't know about y'all, but I'm planning on getting my Ph.D. some day and "retiring" into teaching. But if I wasn't, this place looks pretty cool.

Mr. Sharp: aren't you a bit young to be soliciting information on retirement homes? Heck, for that matter, your parents are a bit too young for this as well, aren't they? Just exactly what do you have up your sleeve, g-man? :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing this stuff with us, g-man. I don't know about y'all, but I'm planning on getting my Ph.D. some day and "retiring" into teaching. But if I wasn't, this place looks pretty cool.

Mr. Sharp: aren't you a bit young to be soliciting information on retirement homes? Heck, for that matter, your parents are a bit too young for this as well, aren't they? Just exactly what do you have up your sleeve, g-man? :ph34r:

I honestly have nothing up my sleeve. I got this information in the mail because i'm on Verdae's mailing list and I thought you guys might be interested in it. No, I don't think any of you are so old that you have to be in a retirement village either. :rolleyes: I just thought people would be interested in what it would look like, the construction schedule, and what it would consist of. :)

I honestly have nothing up my sleeve. I got this information in the mail because i'm on Verdae's mailing list and I thought you guys might be interested in it. No, I don't think any of you are so old that you have to be in a retirement village either. :rolleyes: I just thought people would be interested in what it would look like, the construction schedule, and what it would consist of. :)

OK, but I'll be keeping an eye on my back for anyone sneeking up on me with a wheelchair or a walker. :P

Super Bi-Lo at Verdae is really coming along:

Picture349.jpg

Picture348.jpg

If you look at where the new powerlines are, you will be able to tell where the new 4-lane Blvd. will go:

Picture347.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Picture352.jpg

Picture350.jpg

Future home of Cascades at Verdae retirement village:

Picture354.jpg

Picture353.jpg

Very cool, G-man! Thank you for posting this photo update here. I was just by that Super Bi-Lo last weekend and it has really progressed quite rapidly in one week. :shades: