CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

I finally got to ride through Verdae today. It looks awesome! Hollingsworth Park is going to be very dense. I was very impressed with everything.

I snapped this this because it really showed the relationship of everything (especially with Embassy Suites):

2464701519_a5f89a6e50.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think Greenville is going to have another award winning park to compliment Falls Park. Checked out construction of Hollingsworth Park yesterday. My pictures don't do the place justice. When this place is complete, IMO it will quickly become a Greenville favorite:

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

I think Greenville is going to have another award winning park to compliment Falls Park. Checked out construction of Hollingsworth Park yesterday. My pictures don't do the place justice. When this place is complete, IMO it will quickly become a Greenville favorite:

I stopped by there a week ago and thought the same thing. My kids got out and played on the jungle gym stuff and really loved it and we only were in a little corner of the place. I can't wait and my kids are dying to go back as well.

The playground in front of the zoo is getting the same style equipment. Looks like the designer was on hallucinogenics, it's cool though I like it visually, but it doesn't look like the most functional stuff.

Yeah, I noticed the equipment at Cleveland Park last weekend. ULTRA modern.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to drive through today and it's not fully open, yet. The portion closest to Woodruff was blocked off. What is open, though, is very nice!

I need to go see for myself I suppose. I was disappointed to hear from a source I trust on such things that the quality wasn't what he expected---sloppy brickwork (uneven and unlevel mortar lines)

Anyone have any more recent pics of some of the construction?

Well, I haven't checked out the actual home construction for quality, but the overall development's infrastructure, layout, and park is all top notch. I'd imagine that $400,000+ homes would be of a good quality... Hopefully your source was wrong. Let us know. :)

It may be that some of the "sloppy brickwork" was an attemp to give the buildings an authentic historic look. To me the brick and mortar selections in combination with other traditional details give the houses an aura of instant age and quality, which is not easy thing to accomplish.

I need to go see for myself I suppose. I was disappointed to hear from a source I trust on such things that the quality wasn't what he expected---sloppy brickwork (uneven and unlevel mortar lines)

Anyone have any more recent pics of some of the construction?

Much of Verdae's 1100 acres was clear cut within the last 25 years. The resulting growth that occured afterward was a combination of fast growing low quality pine and low grade voluntary hardwoods. Verdae and especially Hollingsworth Park will prove to be a garden spot. The Ruskin Square area shown in the pictures above will be populated with large specimen oaks and other hardwoods. In fact, the covenants for the subdivision which are part of the public record call for each lot to plant one street tree in excess of 4" caliper. That is in addition to the developer installed trees. With 128 lots on 32 acres the tree canopy should be fantastic in the coming years!

Wasn't the Verdae property intended to be farmed for its trees from the beginning?

Yes it was and they were. Many of the trees especially Pine were damaged during the ice storms that occured over the last few years so they had to be cut down. Don't worry Strangecock. The trees are being replaced as you can see from the pics. :) It's a good thing the trees were cut down though. A TND development is not supposed to have huge yards with tons of trees. One or two trees per house with small yards is what you want. This way the homes can be built closer together and be more compact.

Edited by citylife