CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

When this project was announced they said it would be a ten year thing possibly. On the website today, it says a 20-30 year thing... I sure hope not. I think with the rate that Greenville and the entire upstate is growing, in addition to its desirable location, this project should be purposely developed quickly.

Thanks Skyliner.

Man, I want to retire there!!!

My sentiment exactly!

GvilleSC, Verdae was always planned to develop over a couple to a few decades. I personally think this could be a positive aspect because of its magnitude and envisioned quality. I would not wish it to be developed so rapidly that quality and careful design were lost to aggressive construction. I know you probably don't disagree with me, and I also would like it to progress steadily and without delay, as would you. However, it will take time to attract the major corporations and other important entities necessary to complete the high-class vision everyone hopes for. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

I'm unsure when work on Verdae's retail and restaurant components will begin. Ruth's Chris would go for a location on Verdae Boulevard. Besides Embassy Suites and Verdae Greens, there are not many businesses yet from Laurens to Woodruff roads. It seems foolish to build in the midle of nowhere unless the area has some poplulation density already and will continue to grow for a few more years.

• 4 weeks later...

:yahoo:

Question: When will construction of the housing begin?

Answer: Mr. Sharp, the first residential component is scheduled to begin (the lot development) in the immediate future (likely within 60 days). The developer of this tract of TND lots (Traditional Neighborhood Lots) will develop the site and sell lots to a small group of hand picked local builders who will build out the first phase according to the approved development plan and will build both on a spec basis and contract for owners. The beginning price point is expected to be $300,000. The lots will average 50X100 and the property will be highly developed with alley ways, sidewalks and mini-parks and the neighborhood will be adjacent to a large park to be developed and improved by Verdae Development. More details will be available from the developer soon. This project is scheduled to be publicly announced around the end of this month. Thanks for your interest and we record your interest and make further information available to you as soon as it is publicly available. John Cothran

Edited by g-man430

So, in other words that announcement Greenville Journal has been hinting at for a long time will most likely happen sometime around the end of this month, most likely on June 30th and construction of the housing and lots should begin sometime around mid-August. :thumbsup:

Edited by g-man430

Answer: Mr. Sharp, the first residential component is scheduled to begin (the lot development) in the immediate future (likely within 60 days). The developer of this tract of TND lots (Traditional Neighborhood Lots) will develop the site and sell lots to a small group of hand picked local builders who will build out the first phase according to the approved development plan and will build both on a spec basis and contract for owners. The beginning price point is expected to be $300,000. The lots will average 50X100 and the property will be highly developed with alley ways, sidewalks and mini-parks and the neighborhood will be adjacent to a large park to be developed and improved by Verdae Development. More details will be available from the developer soon. This project is scheduled to be publicly announced around the end of this month. Thanks for your interest and we record your interest and make further information available to you as soon as it is publicly available. John Cothran

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been anxiously awaiting this... I'm glad that someone has finally filled me in on what's going on and when it's going to start. to you, I say THANKS! This will definitely be a great asset to the city and you can't tell me that the population will continue to fall once this is started.

This sounds really exciting - certainly not like a suburban neighborhood at all. I hope they pick good local builders who will construct houses that are not only trendy but timeless as well. This is infill, folks! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

THIS WAS JUST SENT TO ME IN AN EMAIL:

News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 22, 2006

864-322-7178

Banyan Senior Living Announces Plans for

Continuing-Care Senior Living Community

within Verdae Development

GREENVILLE, SC Banyan Senior Living, a Greenville, S.C.-based firm specializing in the development, marketing, and management of senior living communities in the Southeast, announced it has been selected to construct a Continuing-Care Senior Living Community (CCSLC) in the master planned Verdae development.

Banyan has entered into an agreement with Javelin Capital Partners, LLC, a private equity firm based in Dallas, Texas, to purchase a 40-acre tract of land off Verdae Boulevard on Old Sulpher Springs Road near the intersection of I-85 and I-385 in Greenville. The tract is part of the 1,100-acre, mixed-use Verdae Development Master Plan created in 2005 by Hollingsworth Funds, Inc., and Verdae Development, Inc.

We are extremely pleased with the selection of Banyan Senior Living in partnership with Javelin Capital Partners as developer and operator of a full-service CCSLC. This is the first in a series of major announcements that will be unfolding in the near future, commented John Cothran, president and chairman of Verdae Development, Inc.

According to Rick Sumerel, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Verdae Development, Banyan was selected following a deliberate and comprehensive evaluation process that included national, regional, and local entities. We look forward to working with them to bring this key component of our plan to fruition. The patience and commitment of the Verdae Development Board to the careful execution of the Verdae Master Plan is being rewarded today with this announcement of our first major development component.

We couldn't be more excited about our involvement in this development, said Ken Bolt, president of Banyan. The Verdae Master Plan is a comprehensive design that has been crafted with care. Our new senior living community is part of Phase I and is just the beginning of what promises to be an awesome asset to the Greenville community and the Upstate. As a CCSLC, the community will offer a variety of residential options enabling residents to age-in-place without the worries of where they will move when additional assistance is required.

An estimated $100 million project employing more than 150 people, Banyan's vision for the community is one that promotes health, wellness, and social interaction on a beautiful, wooded, superbly landscaped campus that utilizes traditional design in a non-institutional setting. The community's first phase is currently programmed to include 40 patio homes and 160 Independent Living apartments. For residents needing more assistance, there will be 48 Assisted Living apartments, 24 Memory Care apartments, and 44 Skilled Nursing units.

Along with multiple residential options, the community will also offer a full range of recreational, wellness and social programs, scheduled transportation, housekeeping and laundry services, a wide range of planned activities, and interior and exterior maintenance. At the center of the community will be the Clubhouse, which will feature formal and informal dining, as well as a host of activity opportunities and services catering to a wide range of tastes. In addition, the Clubhouse will house a state-of-the-art Fitness Center and indoor pool. Being part of the Verdae community will also provide residents the opportunity to enjoy the community's park, walking trails, green spaces, and golf course.

Located in the heart-of-it-all, just 10 minutes from downtown Greenville, the community's residents will have easy access to Greenville's award-winning Main Street and its many offerings. The community's location is central to all of the area's acute healthcare and physician practices, and is ideal for shopping and dining-located less than three miles from the Haywood shopping district and the new Shops at Greenridge.

-more-

With 20 years of experience, Banyan is the most experienced developer and manager of CCRCs in South Carolina. Ken Bolt adds, Our business is totally focused on creating the best possible living environment and experience for our residents. As a local firm, we are committed to Greenville both corporately and as residents. This community will be state-of-the-art and our flagship. We understand this market and the needs and desires of Greenville's senior citizens.

The current schedule calls for construction to begin within 15 months with initial occupancy in August 2008. Additional details will be released over the next 60 days as due diligence and programming details are finalized. For more information about this senior living community, call 864-322-7178 or e-mail [email protected]. You may also contact Banyan Senior Living by mail: P.O. Box 26867; Greenville, S.C. 29616-1867; or visit us at 86 Villa Road, Greenville.

# # #

Edited by g-man430

I was unable to make it any larger. If somebody could make it larger and post it, that would be great. :thumbsup:

The blue on the bottom is a stormwater pond. The blue on the right is also a stormwater pond, but will have a walkway bridge going over the middle of it, an amphitheater on the western shoreline of the pond with a concert stage and a pavilion, a waterfall on the northern part of the pond, and a fountain on the eastern part of the pond. The blue in the center is a reflecting pool with a fountain in the middle of it. There will be a nature trail going around the outskirts of the eastern and southern parts of the campus and there will be a walkway from the retirement village to the town center on the northern part of the campus. The Clubhouse is the building to the right of the reflecting pool. The commons are to the right of the Clubhouse and other assisted living facilities are north and south of the reflecting pool. There is also going to be a croquet lawn west of the reflecting pool. The other buildings you see are all low-income houses for the elderly. The road at the very bottom, if you can see it is Old Sulphur Springs Road and the road on the far southeastern side is Interstate 85. I think they made a typo. The road on the left says Old Sulphur Springs Road, but I think it's supposed to be Verdae Blvd. I don't know what the road on the far northeastern side is.

Edited by g-man430

Check out their website too: http://www.banyanseniorliving.com/ They seem to run nice villages. :shades:

G-man, I would suggest you first resize the image and save it on your computer as a 60% quality .jpg, then upload that to photobucket (or whatever site you use). Photobucket compresses any large files into an obsurdly small image. PM me if you would rather have me do this. :thumbsup: