CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone... my wife, 4 month old, and I are moving from Chicago soon to Greenville and the Verdae area is really interesting to us given it's location and what seems like a walkable area complete with a park and playground.  We're not too thrilled with Belhaven given that Ryan Homes is the builder, the available lots are not very desirable, and they aren't very flexible in their floor plans but instead would be looking for a house or a lot in Braydon (though it's been proven to be a little difficult to find a decent lot).

Anyway, I've been reading through this thread and it seems like early on a lot of people were disappointed with the development but I haven't found many negative comments recently.  For the people that still live in the neighborhood, how do you like it?  and what are the school zones for the neighborhood?

^^ If I were you, I would try to get as close to the future Swamp Rabbit Trail that runs through Verdae as I could.  Over time I think that would be very beneficial to your property values.

BTW, there is a free men's workout group called F3 that meets at Legacy Park in Verdae every Saturday.  You can attend the 6:00 am or 7:00 am workouts or both if you are a real beast. It is a great way to meet new people too. See f3nation.com for more info.  There are other workouts in other locations during the week also.      

• 2 weeks later...

I love Verdae, Hollingsworth Park, and all the potential that there is for this area.  In no way is my comment to be interpreted as dredging up the old TND, Rick Summerall/Verdae sucks discussions.  You can leave that stuff at home because I am not here to debate it.

I am wondering if anyone else is curious or possibly has knowledge of whether or not Verdae Development is regretting its decision to get into bed with Ryan Homes after seeing the success of Braydon?  I know of several people that did not get into Braydon quick enough that love HP, but don't want to go with Ryan Homes.  If I had to guess, I would say if Verdae were opening 120+ new lots for custom homes, they would have more than 6 contracts and 5 reservations after a month of public marketing.  I may be wrong, but it is a curious thought.  If anything I wonder if they could/would ever consider pulling back some of the lots they designated for Ryan Homes and give a portion to one of the lower cost custom home builders like LS or even a middle range company like Quinn Satterfield (as opposed to the higher end builders like Peery or Dillard Jones) -  if they still wanted to try to keep that section be a lower price point. 

Again, don't get me wrong, I have no issues with what Ryan Homes has to offer and adding additional residential price points in the neighborhood.  I fully understand why they did what they did given the market leading up to that point in time. 

I have never understood the whole Ryan Homes debate. Every one of their homes and neighborhoods I have seen look pretty good to me. Maybe I am missing something. :dontknow:

I was under the impression that Ryan Homes builds a lot of track homes of debatable quality, and often at a much lower price point than what I expected to see in Verdae.  But I don't know details.

Edited by Greenville

Homes start in 290s which is in line with upper income levels and the rest of Verdae: http://www.verdae.com/belhaven-village.php It's not like they're building low income residences here or anything. And it's not like everybody can afford homes in that price range anyways. I say give the middle income people like myself a chance at owning a home at Verdae. I think a neighborhood priced between 150-250K would be great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't been on this thread for a while, so I just saw the post by CUTiger11. We have lived in HP for a little over a year now, and are very happy, for the most part. Neighbors are as friendly as we expected, love the location and the park. I am hoping that soon there will be something that I can walk to other than the Y. We did expect there to be shops and cafes; hopefully that will come at some point.  Schools are Pelham, Beck and Mann. 

Edited by MovintoG'ville

• 3 weeks later...

It's nice to see that they still have the capacity to do decent site layout. It's disappointing to see that due to their past segmented development, this will be so isolated. Oh well.

Actually they started clearing the parcel behind this one several months back so it should connect well. 

I was hoping their next project would be taking down those empty boxes on Laurens, however. Supposedly it's going to be done this year though.

This is true that there are geographic challenges, but they squashed connections when they started segmenting this development with disregard to

how each piece interfaces with another.

Most of it seems to connect fairly well. However, the Manor and apartments don't.

Oh and speaking of the Manor who in the world is moving into these homes? They are MASSIVE. :shok: A good many of them are under construction and sold also.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...