CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two year lurker, first time poster. I've been trying to read as much about the Verdae development as possible, a lot of you are certainly way more up to speed than I am, and I'm wondering if the community would mind sharing their thoughts on the need for a restaurant in the area, specifically the Legacy Park/YMCA section. I'm surprised there's no café, coffee shop or food service presence at all, especially in regards to the live/work/play philosophy the area's built on. Any ideas on what's holding back prospective business owners?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I guess this is as good of a place than any other.

Noticed the other day when I was in town that the Bojangles on Laurens is moving to the corner with Woodruff on the abandoned site that has been vacant for years. 

So they are moving 1000 feet or less?

Fox & Hound is the same company as Bailey's, they are in Bankruptcy and closing 25 locations.  This year has been tough for chains, Ruby Tuesday closed 95 recently including one on Pelham Rd. and the one in Greenwood.  Logan's Roadhouse closed 21 and now Bailey's closed 25.  Also, Ryan's has closed dozens and dozens of locations.

10 hours ago, btoy said:

Fox & Hound is the same company as Bailey's, they are in Bankruptcy and closing 25 locations.  This year has been tough for chains, Ruby Tuesday closed 95 recently including one on Pelham Rd. and the one in Greenwood.  Logan's Roadhouse closed 21 and now Bailey's closed 25.  Also, Ryan's has closed dozens and dozens of locations.

Ryan's closing can only be a plus...

• Like 1

On August 28, 2016 at 9:41 PM, ausrutherford said:

I guess this is as good of a place than any other.

Noticed the other day when I was in town that the Bojangles on Laurens is moving to the corner with Woodruff on the abandoned site that has been vacant for years. 

Dang!  I was hoping to see a QuikTrip on that corner.

1 hour ago, JCT said:

This is excellent news for Verdae! I wish the owners success, as this will be a big indicator for future tenants of the other mixed use projects around Legacy Park. I really want this town center to be viable and a destination.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm glad they're pursuing alleys again.

However, it will be a HUGE missed opportunity if they do not require a vehicular connection w Mangum Drive. They're currently providing a 10' cart path. It's terrible that they already let Ryan build an isolated development. This new phase will have a road literally just stop in someone's back yard. Come on, Verdae and Planning Commission!!!