CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

4 hours ago, cabelagent said:

What is Magnolia Park??

Magnolia Park Town Center details

Magnolia Park Town Center shopping information - stores in mall (27), detailed hours of operations, directions with map and GPS coordinates. Location: Greenville, South Carolina, 1025 Woodruff Road, Greenville, South Carolina - SC 29607. Black Friday and holiday hours. Look at selection of great stores located in Midtown plaza and read reviews from customers and write your own review about your visit at the mall. Don't miss rate the mall. Phone: 561 282-5715.

It is not a town center at all.

3 hours ago, johnpro318 said:

Just because it calls itself a town center, doesn't mean it is. Look up Avalon in Atlanta for an example. Thats what I was hoping Magnolia Park would be. But maybe the development in Mauldin will be more of a true town center.

There's no fault with Magnolia identifying itself as a town center....especially when compared to something in (of all places) ....Atlanta.

I suppose it's from the eye of the the beholder what they think it is...

24 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

There's no fault with Magnolia identifying itself as a town center....especially when compared to something in (of all places) ....Atlanta.

This is a good point. This isn't Atlanta, lol. I actually like our shopping options. Lots of stuff for our size.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Lol its a strip mall. Even the Village at Sandhill is more of a town center. At least it has apartments and a library... street front stores. Magnoilia Park is a strip mall. I'm not saying there's any fault or saying they can't call it that, I just think it's comical. I digress since it's not topic.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cityplanner said:

On the Shops at Greenridge online map, over 1/3 of the small store spaces are empty.  Maybe Greenridge is a place "nobody goes to because it's so crowded"?

1/3? Wrong. There’s only four empty spaces total:

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/4ed4252c-7f32-48df-9392-47555a8019f2/84b971a1-5c8f-4e59-97e0-e37479e73e78

Maybe you’re getting Greenridge mixed up with Magnolia Park. 

Edited by gman430

On 2/22/2021 at 6:21 PM, gman430 said:

1/3? Wrong. There’s only four empty spaces total:

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/4ed4252c-7f32-48df-9392-47555a8019f2/84b971a1-5c8f-4e59-97e0-e37479e73e78

Maybe you’re getting Greenridge mixed up with Magnolia Park. 

This is based on the map available at https://shopgreenridge.com/interactive-map/

It's hard to read- the small red dots are apparently food places and the large red dots are vacancies.  I was wrong; I misread all red dots as vacancies.  Yes, it's less than 1/3 vacant but more than 4.

Edited by Cityplanner

• 4 weeks later...

Appears to be a significant amount of new construction underway (and more coming soon) in the Verdae vicinity.  Most of the projects are residential, but there's also the new bank headquarters building and some retail.  Anyone know what may be proposed for the sizable property across from Beck Academy?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, SVL said:

Not as cool as this though and once again it’s not in the City of Greenville: https://www.postandcourier.com/greenville/business/major-50m-plus-development-to-serve-as-fountain-inns-new-front-porch/article_d36d7580-ee56-11eb-8f72-4fd0391bee72.html Where is Verdae’s promised mixed use development on Laurens Road? Oh wait…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Soil drilling crew on site between Chadsworth Drive and Sumerel Building at Legacy Square. Pdf file with potential renderings below: 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6130de1940752f135899a843/t/622b89536b580e10c235e7ea/1647020378183/March+8+2022+Open+House+Thank+You_v2.pdf

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...