CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

Absolutely, they're still there.

I have yet to experience the Super Bilo for myself. I think they'll do quite well given the location and lack of immediate competition, not to mention the imminent growth of the area. I hope our hometown grocer does well, but it sounds like they may need to step up their game. :dontknow:

BiLo is old news. I don't want to go get movies or anything like that when go grocery shopping. I want to get in and get out. Here is an genius idea for BiLo: How about having a BiLo "Quick Stop" (no reference to Clerks) at or near the front of the store that has bread, milk, coke, etc. Just the basics that people come to get and don't want to mess around with a cart or walking all the way to the back of the store. I could promise you it would make news, and people would notice this. Why do I want to mess with finding a parking spot, going in, fighting the crowds in the aisles and checkout lanes, only for a gallon of milk. If BiLo or any other store did that, it would be genius, and I'd shop there. Just think where that coffee shop is in Bilo at North Hills, have a micro convenience store set up, with fast registers, no checks, and in and out in 3 minutes.

BiLo is old news. I don't want to go get movies or anything like that when go grocery shopping. I want to get in and get out. Here is an genius idea for BiLo: How about having a BiLo "Quick Stop" (no reference to Clerks) at or near the front of the store that has bread, milk, coke, etc. Just the basics that people come to get and don't want to mess around with a cart or walking all the way to the back of the store. I could promise you it would make news, and people would notice this. Why do I want to mess with finding a parking spot, going in, fighting the crowds in the aisles and checkout lanes, only for a gallon of milk. If BiLo or any other store did that, it would be genius, and I'd shop there. Just think where that coffee shop is in Bilo at North Hills, have a micro convenience store set up, with fast registers, no checks, and in and out in 3 minutes.

Bloom does that...

I'll weigh in on the Verdae Super Bilo. Went there today, I think it is quite nice. Not the top of the line, but certainly very nice (and I daresay less expensive than a Bloom or Whole Foods). It has somewhat of a "Bloomish" feel, good produce section, and I liked the layout of the meat section. Overall, a very good upper mid-market store. They have some pretty good sales right now too, got two bags of groceries for under $7. I will definitely go back there to shop. Wonder how this one compares with the expanded stores?

Incidentaly, I noticed the Bilo on Roper Mtn (across from the science center) has closed. Any ideas on what would succeed here? Perhaps something to expand the science center would work better, as groceries don't seem to fare well. Perhaps a good science museum, expanded exhibit hall or something.

Incidentaly, I noticed the Bilo on Roper Mtn (across from the science center) has closed. Any ideas on what would succeed here? Perhaps something to expand the science center would work better, as groceries don't seem to fare well. Perhaps a good science museum, expanded exhibit hall or something.

I don't think there is any money for anything like that.

Edited by btoy

What i dont understand is why they didnt make the Bi-Lo in Powdersville a Super-Bilo. They did an extensive outer-shell renovation on it but it does not carry the Super Bi-Lo badge on the outside of it? It is one of the bigger Bi-lo's also.

• 2 months later...

Wow, wow, wow! This development is turning out to be a beauty....it"ll be a stunner! Got a bird's eye view today. Most of my flights lately have been latenight or early morning and nothing to see other than lights. Thanks to oversleeping this morning, I took a mid-day flight out. We took off toward Greenville and were in our climb aprox over Haywood. I was on the left side and looked down at the HUGE patch of vivid green I had never noticed....VERDAE! The park already has all the grass down (looks like a beautiful golf course, even in this drought)......wonderfully landscaped traffic circles (counted three)....beautiful sidewalks.....streets were in for one of the first housing developments. Really looked great and shocked me, as all I've seen from Verdae Blvd or Woodruff Road has been red clay. This beautiful area was deep in the development....they have really been doing much more work than we realized. :yahoo:

May hike into the development this weekend and take some photos.

Side note, from the air, you can see the perfect pad for the oval shaped building and the front two rectangular buildings that will flank it, on the South Financial campus.

I have actually been working on this project and it is coming along quickly.The pond should be complete shortly. the contractor is working on completing sidewalk and landscaping continues.

Cool! :thumbsup: Is that vivid green grass I saw part of the park? How so green? Lots of water and Miracle Grow? :)

Any idea when the through streets and park will open to the public?

Sod and alot of irrigation system. There are still alot of things to do prior to opening to traffic concrete crosswalks have to be installed and the surface coat of asphalt still needs to be placed.You can see alot of the progress if you come around to the back entrance off of Woodruff and Rocky slope rds.The asphalt walking trails are in the process of being installed,and the pond should be operational within weeks.Bathrooms are also begining to be constructed.

• 4 weeks later...

Here are a few photos from this afternoon of progress on Legacy Park.

1492318042_3a498d19cf_b.jpg

1492318030_158435d111_o.jpg

1492318022_9ceae75415_o.jpg

1492318018_221ed85a17_o.jpg

1492318014_73d489d275_o.jpg

Looking great!!! :thumbsup: This is exactly the kind of park I wanted. Wide open green spaces. Plenty of area to run and fly a kite.....play Frisbee......children chasing each other and rolling on the ground. Freedom on a beautiful day!!! :)