CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Verdae

g-man430

• 4 months later...

In case you are wondering, that is a medical office building going up on Verdae near Woodruff. Think it is about 50,000 SF.

I was very disappointed when I saw the sign on the site. It just didn't seem to really go along with the vision of verdae that I have in my mind. A vision of connectivity and less suburban than that stand-alone building portrays...

• 1 month later...

For those worried that power lines were not being burried in Verdae.....they are. The power lines on the wooden poles were temporary. Each of the poles now has the cable junction coming out of the ground and workers were active yesteday on the burying process.

DSC04350.jpg

They were working like crazy yesterday on Rocky Slope. Burying lines, landscaping, etc. The park is looking awesome. Playground equipment is now installed on site. The pavillion buildings looks almost complete. With all the rain we have had these past few weeks, I would think this park will bloom out beautiful. :)

They were working like crazy yesterday on Rocky Slope. Burying lines, landscaping, etc. The park is looking awesome. Playground equipment is now installed on site. The pavillion buildings looks almost complete. With all the rain we have had these past few weeks, I would think this park will bloom out beautiful. :)

No homes have started have they?

Also, does anyone know if the City has plans to landscape the new medians along Woodruff Road adjacent to Verdae? Woodruff Road looks fantastic where it's been widened (almost "boulevard-ish"), but I'd like to see something other than grass in the middle.

For those worried that power lines were not being burried in Verdae.....they are. The power lines on the wooden poles were temporary. Each of the poles now has the cable junction coming out of the ground and workers were active yesteday on the burying process.

Great to hear! All new construction should include buried power lines. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has probably seen this article from Greenville News about the June opening of Legacy Park at Verdae. Can't wait! I think over time, this will become Greenville's "other" major urban park. This sentence from the article caught my eye:

"Legacy Park will come alive with activity as housing develops around it, Keith said. He said townhouses planned at the edge of the park will be reminiscent of brownstones overlooking Central Park in New York City."

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...316/1001/NEWS01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone picked up the premier issue of the new G magazine? It is fantastic. It is much better than the Greenville magazine. It is done by the same group that publishes the Charleston Magazine. There is a great article about about John D. Hollingsworth , Jr. Part of the article discusses the new urban design of Verdae, calling it "the only one of it's kind in the history of America". That is a bold, but exciting statement by Bill Monroe, president of Charlotte's WGM Design, Inc. Quoting from the article, "Monroe anticipates that the Verdae lifestyle will prove so popular with buyers its density will have to be increased to include 20- and 30-story condo towers. This is the Buckhead, midtown property," he says. "But if the master planning team has done its job well, it will unfold without Buckhead's hodgepodge of uses and traffic snarls."

Edited by gman

I have not heard of G Magazine, where do I find it. I did a google search for info on it and seems like there is another magazine called G magazine. Caution if you search for it.

When I walked into my downtown office yesterday it had been delivered to us through the mail slot in our door. Guess it was a sample for local businesses as we didn't have to pay for it. of course now that I think about it I didn't even check the address label. It might now have even been intended for me. Oh well.

I have not heard of G Magazine, where do I find it. I did a google search for info on it and seems like there is another magazine called G magazine. Caution if you search for it.

I picked mine up yesterday at Barnes and Noble on Haywood Road. I had not heard of it either until I saw it on the rack. I thumbed through a few pages, knew it was a winner and bought it.

Has anyone picked up the premier issue of the new G magazine? It is fantastic. It is much better than the Greenville magazine. It is done by the same group that publishes the Charleston Magazine. There is a great article about about John D. Hollingsworth , Jr. Part of the article discusses the new urban design of Verdae, calling it "the only one of it's kind in the history of America". That is a bold, but exciting statement by Bill Monroe, president of Charlotte's WGM Design, inc. Quoting from the article, "Monroe anticipates that the Verdae lifestyle will prove so popular with buyers its density will have to be increased to include 20- and 30-story condo towers. This is the Buckhead, midtown property," he says. "But if the master planning team has done its job well, it will unfold without Buckhead's hodgepodge of uses and traffic snarls."
Hey that is great! Thanks for the tip! :shades:

The e-mail address for G the magazine of Greenville is gvillemag.com.