building by k2 urban corp

laneyj34

I heard that this K2 project might be called Evening Rose, but I could be wrong. Can anyone else confirm or deny that? Kind of an odd name for a development. I've check their website but found nothing on it. The link is below:

K2 Urban Corp

Interesting, Poonther. Where did you find that name? I didn't see anything on it either, but I haven't looked hard enough! LOL!!

That Southwood Stunner on the main page of the K2 website is the one that my girlfriend and I snunk into. We didn't mean to sneak into this place, the door was unlocked and she pursuaded me it was ok. But I'm now wishing we'd gone upstairs. I had no idea the home had 5 bedrooms. Its amazing... you wouldn't know that from looking at the outside.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A while back I wrote to K2 trying to convince them to come build houses here in Murfreesboro, TN. So far I haven't heard back from them... :)

The least they could do is acknowledge they recieved your message. I hate spending all my time writing a letter and not getting a response.

Interesting, Poonther. Where did you find that name? I didn't see anything on it either, but I haven't looked hard enough! LOL!!

That Southwood Stunner on the main page of the K2 website is the one that my girlfriend and I snunk into. We didn't mean to sneak into this place, the door was unlocked and she pursuaded me it was ok. But I'm now wishing we'd gone upstairs. I had no idea the home had 5 bedrooms. Its amazing... you wouldn't know that from looking at the outside.

TJ...I've also been in this house & it is awesome. They really do nice work & I like their in-fill projects around town too.

TJ - I also ventured into the Southwood Stunner over last weekend. Obviously, it was still unlocked. I even closed some open windows for them because it was going to rain! It is nice, but I felt like I was getting lost because it is so many rooms.

Some interesting trim styles and raised floors...

Did you make it down to the basement? K2 did that on their Hillcrest home as well. Too bad it is only a 7ft ceiling.

I called Jacques Depart, who is the realtor for K2 (Frog Realty). He is also kind of a family friend. I don't think that I have been getting information that he would not give to any one who asks.

As a disclosure, my firm actually designed the K2 logo and corporate ID when they first came to town a few years ago. I have not talked to Dave since, though.

I heard that this K2 project might be called Evening Rose, but I could be wrong. Can anyone else confirm or deny that? Kind of an odd name for a development. I've check their website but found nothing on it. The link is below:

K2 Urban Corp

There is a street named "Evening Rose Lane" which runs SW off of Exeter & runs behind all the K2 property fronting Cap Circle so I'm thinking this is where that name is coming from.

TJ - I also ventured into the Southwood Stunner over last weekend. Obviously, it was still unlocked. I even closed some open windows for them because it was going to rain! It is nice, but I felt like I was getting lost because it is so many rooms.

Some interesting trim styles and raised floors...

Did you make it down to the basement? K2 did that on their Hillcrest home as well. Too bad it is only a 7ft ceiling.

I called Jacques Depart, who is the realtor for K2 (Frog Realty). He is also kind of a family friend. I don't think that I have been getting information that he would not give to any one who asks.

As a disclosure, my firm actually designed the K2 logo and corporate ID when they first came to town a few years ago. I have not talked to Dave since, though.

Wow you two... (Glenn and thetoolman) I thought me and my girlfriend were the only naughty souls around.

thetoolman, can we use you to get us a little information about 417 Park in terms of a date when they plan to breakground AND try to probe on what their retail is going to look like. I'd be interested in knowing if it will be open to the public.

I know I'm asking a bunch, but you da man! datoolman!

QUOTE(poonther @ Jan 5 2006, 06:20 PM)

K2 Urban Corp

There is a street named "Evening Rose Lane" which runs SW off of Exeter & runs behind all the K2 property fronting Cap Circle so I'm thinking this is where that name is coming from.

I think "Evening Rose" is a private road....I will check it out in person tomorrow.

If I revealed my source to you TJ, I'd have to kill you..........bah ha ha ha.

Not where I heard the name celebrated but good job in digging that up from COT. That map must just be the residential portion of the project and then later they must be going to do the retail/office on the land east of that property up and to Capital Circle. That would be my guess????

According to the Leon County GIS they own at least 6 lots facing Cap Cir just to the east of that parcel as well. They are contiguous together, but not with the parcel shown on the map above.

Maybe they are getting right of way clearance for a sidewalk or path through the other property to connect them, or maybe they are purchasing some more of that property. Not sure...

I also wanted to add that Evening Rose may just be a submittal name and may not be the final name of the project. Often times the developers will submit a proposal only identified by the owner's name such as the Baker Property or by the location such as Hartsfield townhomes. Once construction starts the developers usually decide on a permanent name. So this could be that case of a temporary name, named after the street, or it may be the final one....stay tuned!

Great job digging that up Celebrated! Thanks for sharing your find with us. By the way, I found "Evening Rose Lane" this morning. It's a narrow dirt path that runs SW off of Exeter along the back boundry of the K2 properties that front Capital Circle.

Archived