Possible Little Rock/Central Arkansas Subforum

mcheiss

Possible LR/Central Arkansas Subforum  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a LR/ Central Arkansas Subforum?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, we have seven in favor of the Subforum.

Now, we need to agree on a title and a description.

A few choices for the title could be: Little Rock-North Little Rock, Central Arkansas.

A few choices for the description could be: Central Arkansas, The Capitol Citiy, (Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, etc)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, we have seven in favor of the Subforum.

Now, we need to agree on a title and a description.

A few choices for the title could be: Little Rock-North Little Rock, Central Arkansas.

A few choices for the description could be: Central Arkansas, The Capitol Citiy, (Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway, etc)

I'll let the others decide that. I don't really feel right giving advice for a subforum in an area I don't live in. I'll let the others from that area down there decide.

Title: I'd prefer "Little Rock Metro" or "Little Rock-North Little Rock"

Central Arkansas sounds too general, especially to new forumers from say, Hot Springs, who don't know whether to post a topic in "Central Arkansas" or the general "Arkansas" board.

Or you COULD entitle it "Central Arkansas", just put "Little Rock Metro Area" in the description.

I don't know....just something that unambiguously tells people what part of the state is covered in this particular subforum.

I always like the idea, just based on the principle that a LittleRock/Central Ark subforum would be busier than the vast majority of the other subforums.

That said, I think everything will continue to spill over on the main forum and there will be overlap on all the subforums because we all cross over topics.

Have you looked at the NWA forum? ;)

since one is called Northwest Arkansas...I would say...

Central Arkansas

Little Rock Metro Area

or

Central Arkansas

Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway

or

Central Arkansas

Metro Little Rock

or

Central Arkansas

The thriving Little Rock Metro

Even though both Hot Springs and Pine Bluff are relatively close to Little Rock I don't think either are usually considered central Arkansas. Pine Bluff is consider more or less the gateway and a part of southeast Arkansas. I think Hot Springs is generally considered a part of the Ouachitas and of west central Arkansas. I think today's fast transporatation has helped blur some of these more historical lines.

Yeah, but don't forget that the Ouachitas come into West Little Rock and just south of Conway.

True, but I'm not sure Hot Springs is generally considered part of central Arkansas. At least not historically speaking. But what do I know I'm not from that area. It's just the perception I'd gotten. :D

Hot Springs in general is part of Central Arkansas. Some people commute to Little Rock to work, and a whole lot of people commute from there to Benton to work, which is only a 25 minute drive. But, for the purposes of this forum, it should probably be left in the main forum.

This isn't meant to reflect the forum in any way, I just thought it'd be an interesting look at the area.

Because of the shape of the state, and especially the counties, it could never be exactly even, but this is the closest one could get. The blue outline is geographic Central Arkansas, as it relates to the rest of the state...while the red is the actual Little Rock MSA. Culturallly, everywhere in the blue may not be considered Central AR, but geographically it is.

post-7516-1136161221_thumb.jpg

post-7516-1136161221_thumb.jpg

Archived