Possible Little Rock/Central Arkansas Subforum

mcheiss

Possible LR/Central Arkansas Subforum  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a LR/ Central Arkansas Subforum?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since one is called Northwest Arkansas...I would say...

Central Arkansas

Little Rock Metro Area

or

Central Arkansas

Little Rock, North Little Rock, Conway

or

Central Arkansas

Metro Little Rock

or

Central Arkansas

The thriving Little Rock Metro

The difference is that Northwest Arkansas is known by that name. Central Arkansas isn't used to identify the region in the same way. Nationally, people know it as Little Rock. I'd prefer Little Rock-North Little Rock, or maybe just Little Rock, but it's just a suggestion.

I think this area is pretty well known as Central Arkansas...maybe not nationally, but nationally, people prob don't know NWA as NWA either.

Central Arkansas is used on radio and tv all over central arkansas. Little Rock-North Little Rock is too generic, because it leaves out other important cities...Little Rock doesn't include any of the surrounding area and may comfuse people.

My support stays with:

Central Arkansas

Little Rock Metro Area

It makes sense to me if we are going to have Northwest Arkansas subforum, then we should have Central Arkansas subforum. The NWA forum wasn't named the Fayetteville Springdale Rogers subforum.

LOL we'll never decide...

Everytime the majority vote for one...somebody comes in and makes another suggestion, then somebody else says, well, it doesn't matter, and mcheiss counts that as a vote for the new suggestion.

I think if it were named Little Rock Metro Area, that it would be redundant to have the description be Central Arkansas. If we are going to name it Little Rock Metro Area, how about we do like a lot of other subforums and just not have a description...the title is self-explanatory. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like if the title were Central Arkansas, that it would seem to include other areas further out more...like Conway and Cabot.

The formula for other subforums is to list the major city as the forum title. NWA is an exception because one city/county isn't really dominant - an anomaly that's unusual with only a couple of exceptions (Quad Cities, etc).

Central Arkansas means a lot of things - do you count Hot Springs, Pine Bluff, Searcy, etc or are you just talking about the LR MSA? Ultimately, this is an "urban" forum and I think Little Rock should be the focus of a subforum with the subtitle saying "Metropolitan Central Arkansas", etc. I think "and surrounding areas" is implied as it is on the other subforums in other states/regions.

The formula for other subforums is to list the major city as the forum title. NWA is an exception because one city/county isn't really dominant - an anomaly that's unusual with only a couple of exceptions (Quad Cities, etc).

Central Arkansas means a lot of things - do you count Hot Springs, Pine Bluff, Searcy, etc or are you just talking about the LR MSA? Ultimately, this is an "urban" forum and I think Little Rock should be the focus of a subforum with the subtitle saying "Metropolitan Central Arkansas", etc. I think "and surrounding areas" is implied as it is on the other subforums in other states/regions.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like if the title were Central Arkansas, that it would seem to include other areas further out more...like Conway and Cabot. Some Cities are big enough to call the forum by the city name...but in the Little Rock area, I think we need a title that includes more of the area. Calling it Little Rock or Little Rock Metro just seems like it is leaving out some areas...people aren't familiar enough with our area from other areas to know that Conway or Cabot are part of the Little Rock metro. Central Arkansas as the title with the description being Little Rock Metro Area seems to better include the entire area.

I just saw the title of this topic and had an idea.

Maybe it could be

Little Rock / Central Arkansas

Little Rock Metro Area

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like if the title were Central Arkansas, that it would seem to include other areas further out more...like Conway and Cabot. Some Cities are big enough to call the forum by the city name...but in the Little Rock area, I think we need a title that includes more of the area. Calling it Little Rock or Little Rock Metro just seems like it is leaving out some areas...people aren't familiar enough with our area from other areas to know that Conway or Cabot are part of the Little Rock metro. Central Arkansas as the title with the description being Little Rock Metro Area seems to better include the entire area.

Again, that is just as true of Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, etc and you don't see the forums called "North Texas", "North Georgia", or "South Louisiana" even those terms are frequently used to describe the CSAs of these areas. Little Rock is easily the dominant city in Central Arkansas, as clear cut as any city is dominant in its MSA anywhere. This is after all an urban forum, not an exurban one.

That's just my opinion, I realize there's no right or wrong here. It's certainly what's been consistent on the other forums and subforums here, though, and I do agree that NWA is more appropriate than Fayetteville as a title because it's just a more unique situation.

I vote one of these three:

Little Rock / Central Arkansas

Little Rock Metro Area

Central Arkansas

Little Rock & the Surrounding Metro Area

Little Rock Metro Area

no description

I'm just ready for a name to be chosen...debating it is really getting old :whistling:

Archived