New Condos in Memphis...Possibly

northernbizzkit1

Can you advise on the perspectives? Which way is north? You mentioned earlier possibility of including/incorporating Spaghetti Warehouse. Is that on the lower right of the first image with the parking lot next to it (so north would be kind of going to the left, parallel with the streets)? Or would the longer sides be parallel with the river to enhance views?

Thanks for the images. Hope this comes to fruition.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you advise on the perspectives? Which way is north? You mentioned earlier possibility of including/incorporating Spaghetti Warehouse. Is that on the lower right of the first image with the parking lot next to it (so north would be kind of going to the left, parallel with the streets)? Or would the longer sides be parallel with the river to enhance views?

Looks like the buildings are planned to be built on the southwest corner of Vance and Front. The first picture is taken from the southwest. Two buildings will need to be razed. Thanks for the scoop :) The developers really shouldn't be silent about this. It looks pretty modern but I'm sure the design will change slightly because of the new architect.

Its very common for developers to not speak up until everything is all ready. For one, land prices get driven up in the general area, and possible lease/sale prices tumble as word spreads that there will be a large supply of condos available on the market soon. If financing isn't completed, then whole projects can fail. Also people prone to complaining (like Friends For Our Riverfront) or other condo developers will oppose the project before they even know the details, harming the concept in the public's eye which will then eventually kill the project. I'm actually surprised that details were leaked this far.

But thanks for the pics Northernbizzkit!

It looks like it's just North of the Spaghetti Warehouse building, in the block between Vance and Talbot. There's several buildings there now, Advanced Printing and several vacant buildings along Front. I'm not sure I like the design of these buildings.

It looks like it's just North of the Spaghetti Warehouse building, in the block between Vance and Talbot. There's several buildings there now, Advanced Printing and several vacant buildings along Front. I'm not sure I like the design of these buildings.

My only main critique is no spire, no crown, another flat-top building.

For a second there I was starting to think it was a cruel joke, but I stand corrected. It probably is best to keep it a secret til everything is figured out. Those are some cool towers, but maybe just a couple of changes. We are going to have a pretty long skyline.

It will be interesting to see how and if they start to fill in between this project and One Beale. IMO, it's probably best to develop towers along either second or third, if possible, to fill in, and keep the area by Main and Front (aside from this project) relatively low-mid rise. But, I'm no developer. And beggars can't be choosers yet.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Three firms have offered financing for the building...here is what's interesting...they're all from out of the country! One is from London, one is from the Caribbean, and one is from Australia. Here is the fourth offer...someone wants to buy the property. My friend claims that they really aren't leaning towards that idea, but if the group decides to sell the property, apparently they are going to try to team with Spaghetti Warehouse and build on that property.

Also, a new design team was hired and are currently drawing up plans for a new design for the building.

Just keeping you guys up to date on what's going on...this project is not dead!

Update:

Three firms have offered financing for the building...here is what's interesting...they're all from out of the country! One is from London, one is from the Caribbean, and one is from Australia. Here is the fourth offer...someone wants to buy the property. My friend claims that they really aren't leaning towards that idea, but if the group decides to sell the property, apparently they are going to try to team with Spaghetti Warehouse and build on that property.

Also, a new design team was hired and are currently drawing up plans for a new design for the building.

Just keeping you guys up to date on what's going on...this project is not dead!

Archived