Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

Not sure on either lot, however I went to the county website to check the ownership records...  both are owned by ambiguously named LLCs which make it hard to figure what's going in there...  But what was interesting is that on the Arbys/Chic-fil-a/Homegoods corner, the tax billing address for the recently sold 0.61 acre lot is Lowes Home Centers of Wilkesboro, NC.  Now, why would Lowe's have anything to do with such a small lot?  Kind of scratching my head on this one... maybe just a typo.

Any information on what is going in on Walnut next to 0001 Walmart (where the old Pizza Hut was)

or what is going in Across from Arby's/Chic-Fil-a/Homegoods on the corner.

Both look like dollar stores to me, but with the current rise of medical clinics...

The building going up across from Arbys is a Dentist.

Not every new building is going to have a great sexy deal, but every new deal adds jobs, tax roll, and more opportunities. Activity will breed activity.

Very true.  Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but quite a few of the signs of fast food restaurants are talking about needing management associates throughout Bentonville and Rogers.  No matter what the actual establishment is, the fact that it's providing employment and lowering our local unemployment rate means more money in more peoples' pockets to spend.  

I hope for variety, and the medical clinic boom reminds me of the bank boom of a few years ago.

I also agree that anything new promotes a stronger economy and workforce.

Somehow you forgot to mention the Walgreens/CVS boom that's pretty much still ongoing.

Anyone else following the news and opportunity about the street waterslide that was suppose to go down Dickson, that is now proposed for Rogers?

I think the Road proposed is an excellent location. That road is arterial in size, but not heavily relied on. There is plenty of normally unused parking, and it is close to high activity Retail. Who really cares if it is a for profit opportunity?

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure many have already seen this but World Gym announced immediate closure of their Benton County locations.

I wonder what is up with that?  I wish we could get 24 hour fitness or Lifetime Fitness into this market.  I know we probably don't have the demographics for either.  

I wonder what is up with that? I wish we could get 24 hour fitness or Lifetime Fitness into this market. I know we probably don't have the demographics for either.

Planet Fitness, crossfit and other discount gyms have taken a huge chunk out of the monster gyms. Operating a pool, multi sport courts, etc is so costly.

Lifetime has kicked around the idea on NWA.

I wonder what is up with that?  I wish we could get 24 hour fitness or Lifetime Fitness into this market.  I know we probably don't have the demographics for either.  

It would appear they were quite behind on lease/equipment bills...to the tune of over half a mil....that will do it.

https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/cconnect/PROD/public/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=04CV-15-229&begin_date=&end_date=

Planet Fitness, crossfit and other discount gyms have taken a huge chunk out of the monster gyms. Operating a pool, multi sport courts, etc is so costly.

Lifetime has kicked around the idea on NWA.

Lifetime near the new Whole Foods would be awesome.  With the flyover, quick in and out for people from W. Fay, Springdale, Johnson, etc.  Their DFW gyms are huge.  Maybe a scaled down concept would work in NWA.  Put one there in Fayetteville, and another one in the Pinnacle area.

This weekend I drove by the new Neighborhood Market being built on the corner of 8th and Walnut. It is coming along good. Smokin Joes is relocating form behind that site, into the old Number 1 Buffet location. The remodeling is completely transforming that ugly building into something real nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there was a recent rezoning vote in Lowell regarding an unnamed potential development next to the new NWA Board of Realtors building on Goad Springs Rd., between the new Atwoods and I-49.  Does anyone know anything about what would possible be built there?

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/apr/21/commission-rezones-appeal-lowell-proper/

Apparently there was a recent rezoning vote in Lowell regarding an unnamed potential development next to the new NWA Board of Realtors building on Goad Springs Rd., between the new Atwoods and I-49.  Does anyone know anything about what would possible be built there?

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/apr/21/commission-rezones-appeal-lowell-proper/

I don't know what is planned but I was surprised there was opposition to the rezoning. Can't think of a more appropriate area for commercial development in NWA than that.