tim2462

Rogers, Arkansas

697 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is going in to that red building that's being built next to Highlands Oncology on Horsebarn? I presume it's another medical facility, but was just curious. It's a cool looking structure.

So, Hancocks at the Promenade will be vacant soon.

A new captain d's being built from ground up next to andy's across from walmart.  Not sure how long John silvers will do after they arrive. (I messed up and went inside the long johns here once and was shocked at how dirty and greasy it was inside.. never went back )

CVS is coming along across the street from (you guessed it) Walgreens on Walnut 

Anyone know what is going up where Bob Evans used to be?

1 hour ago, adad24 said:

Anyone know what is going up where Bob Evans used to be?

Raising Canes

Any recent word on when Lake Atalanta is opening?

It is great to see the Peach tree Hotel getting used. I think haas hall academy is a good fit for the property.

Cabelas has been bought out by Bass Pro Shops. Will the Cabelas here just become a Bass Pro or what?

4 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

Cabelas has been bought out by Bass Pro Shops. Will the Cabelas here just become a Bass Pro or what?

Will stay cabelas. 

Lake Atalanta is having a grand opening end of this month before the big Mountain Biking event.

On another note, there is a lot of dirt work going on next to Taco Bell by the promenade. Any information?

Also next to Mercy, right next to the New Hope off ramp, there is something going in as well. Any information on that?

2 hours ago, UrbanArkie said:

Lake Atalanta is having a grand opening end of this month before the big Mountain Biking event.

On another note, there is a lot of dirt work going on next to Taco Bell by the promenade. Any information?

Also next to Mercy, right next to the New Hope off ramp, there is something going in as well. Any information on that?

On promenade, mercy is building medical offices, the Dirt work on new hope is preparation for the new 7 story tower, added parking

Lake Atalanta is very, very nice. Path around the Lake is exquisite. There is a protected bike lane connecting the skate park at the Rogers Activity Center to the Rail Yard being installed this week. All of that connection is a great urban/park trail.

1 person likes this

I heard Onyx Coffee is going in the old dollar saver in downtown.

Also Levis is moving eventually in first floor where crumpet tea room used to be.

Cici's Pizza is going in where Dam Goode Pies was. 

I was looking at the Lowell Master Street Plan last night and I saw they had a marker for a future school along Garrett Rd just east of Bellview in Rogers. Anybody know anything about this?

Master Street Plan

Capture2.PNG

Just saw a Notice of Public Hearing sign for the Mills Farm property on Pleasant Grove. Assuming a rezone, but anyone know more about it?

On 2/12/2017 at 8:19 AM, LSXKing said:

I was looking at the Lowell Master Street Plan last night and I saw they had a marker for a future school along Garrett Rd just east of Bellview in Rogers. Anybody know anything about this?

Master Street Plan

Capture2.PNG

School district has owned this property for a while and plans two schools. First will be elementary scheduled for 2018 school year I'm told. 

49 minutes ago, LSXKing said:

Just saw a Notice of Public Hearing sign for the Mills Farm property on Pleasant Grove. Assuming a rezone, but anyone know more about it?

City said rezoning 

What all going next to fuzzie taco near round about in rogers by the neighborhood market?

Posted (edited)

Say goodbye to Gordman's,  filed Chap 11 and liquidating.

Dick's would make a good replacement.

Edited by TRB

Posted (edited)

JC Penny at Pinnacle appears to have escaped closing this round.

Edited by TRB

On 3/18/2017 at 11:04 AM, TRB said:

JC Penny at Pinnacle appears to have escaped closing this round.

I noticed that as well.  Originally I was wondering if one of our two would go down, but after seeing the list and realizing how many very small markets (I know, relative term) they're in, wasn't as surprised.  IMHO, Blytheville, AR was lucky to have ever had one, especially with Memphis being so close and Jonesboro having one as well.