Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

You mean $2.68, right?

Ooops! Yup, $2.68.

You mean Bentonville. Unless you know about another Sam's Club being built in the area.

Is it Bentonville? I thought it was on the Rogers side. Guess not. Ok, then, the Sam's club behind the Neighborhood Market on Hwy 102, how's that? :)

Is it Bentonville? I thought it was on the Rogers side. Guess not. Ok, then, the Sam's club behind the Neighborhood Market on Hwy 102, how's that? :)

A. O.K. :thumbsup:

I remember when I used to work in a WM Store, that I'd have to explain to them where the Rogers Neighborhood Market was, because a lot of people thought Rogers had two.

A. O.K. :thumbsup:

I remember when I used to work in a WM Store, that I'd have to explain to them where the Rogers Neighborhood Market was, because a lot of people thought Rogers had two.

It is confusing because the "Welcome to Rogers" sign is right across the street to the east of the Bentonville Neighborhood Market. People see that and think they must be in Rogers.

It is confusing because the "Welcome to Rogers" sign is right across the street to the east of the Bentonville Neighborhood Market. People see that and think they must be in Rogers.

Yeah.

Once you pass the intersection of Water Tower Rd and 102 going east (literally) you're in Rogers. It's confusing because Bekart Steel is in Rogers, yet the Neighborhood Market is in Bentonville, literally feet from each other.

I don't know if any of you remember the upscale gas station planned for New Hope Road, but it looks like the plans are going up to the city council again. Last time it was rejected for a zoning issue, I think it was too big to be considered Highway Commercial.

The gas station is suppose to be 3 stories, house the headquarters for First Federal Bank, a white oak gas station, condominiums, and retail and office space.

It looks like the Democratic Party opened their headquarters of Benton County yesterday in Rogers.

The party now has an office at 402 W. Walnut Street, which is either in Downtown Rogers or pretty close. This facility has been open for a little while, but this was the official grand opening.

I know this is Republican territory but they didn't have anything in Benton County before this? Seems ironic with it being the second most populous county in the state.

• 2 weeks later...

Staples is going to be building a store at 4015 West Walnut Street.

This store would be at the Intersection of 40th and Walnut, which is right infront of the Scottsdale Center. Therefore, I've concluded that the store will be built next to Liberty Bank, seeing as how the rest of the land is developed. Arby's & an Automotive shop take one corner, Chick-Fil-A and Abuelos take another, and a church is in the last corner. 40th Street is being widened to 5 lanes, and there's plenty of red dirt along side the street, perfect for commercial Big Box Development. It's very odd that an Office Depot is just about a 1/4 mile down the road, so I'm wondering how competition will be. Pleasant Grove Road may have been a better choice on this one.

A plan has come out for N.W Arkansas's first public magnet high school. The Rogers School Board has been considering that the current Sophomore Center off 1st Street in Rogers wether to make it a magnet high school or a normal high school. Overall it would make three high schools in the city.

I think it's about time this area starts looking more into some schools like this.

Little Rock is the only school system in Arkansas that I know of that offers Magnet/Art schools.

Having a Magnet/Art school is one thing... having a "good" Magnet/Art school is another. My niece and nephew won scholarships to a Magnet/Art "junior high" school in St. Petersburg, FL and several of it's graduates are now performing on Broadway or internationally. Another thing needed to have a good Magnet/Art "high" school is also having a good Magnet/Art "junior high" school like they have in St. Pete.

I admit I'm not real certain about Magnet schools, but don't they usually focus on different things? Like you could have one focus on say math and science? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having one set up for the arts. But I'd also like to see one based on math and science as well, help provide more local residents for potential future tech jobs. I think that's something we still need to 'grow' in our area.

I admit I'm not real certain about Magnet schools, but don't they usually focus on different things? Like you could have one focus on say math and science? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having one set up for the arts. But I'd also like to see one based on math and science as well, help provide more local residents for potential future tech jobs. I think that's something we still need to 'grow' in our area.

The Magnet school my nephew went to was strictly for performing arts. I don't think they have Magnet schools for sciences other than private schools, but I'm not sure. I do know that if this new Magnet school will only be available to Sophomores and Seniors. Magnet schools try to get students when they're young and they stay in the arts program until graduation. I don't think many students (or their parents) will be as interested in a Magnet school if it's just for 2 years. I doubt any of them would make it to Broadway with that kind of school.

The Magnet school my nephew went to was strictly for performing arts. I don't think they have Magnet schools for sciences other than private schools, but I'm not sure. I do know that if this new Magnet school will only be available to Sophomores and Seniors. Magnet schools try to get students when they're young and they stay in the arts program until graduation. I don't think many students (or their parents) will be as interested in a Magnet school if it's just for 2 years. I doubt any of them would make it to Broadway with that kind of school.

Why would the Junior Year be left out?

That makes absolutely no sense to have only Sophomores and Seniors.

Why would the Junior Year be left out?

That makes absolutely no sense to have only Sophomores and Seniors.

Based on what I understand about Arkansas schools a high school only has grades 11-12 while a junior high has grades 9-10. You said the announcement was that the Sophomore Center in Rogers would either be a standard high school or a Magnet school, so I would assume the Magnet school would only include grades 11-12. In St. Petersburg, FL the Magnet school system runs K-12, so by the time the students graduate they're more than ready for the Juilliard School then Broadway. Students awarded the Magnet grant stay in the Magnet system as long as their grades are within acceptable range. My nephew just called me today and he's now in Gibbs High School in St. Pete and is one of the most highly recognized students in St. Pete's Magnet system. He's on the path to a great career in the arts and it is exciting that NWA may start a Magnet system... that is if NWA officials don't screw it up!

Based on what I understand about Arkansas schools a high school only has grades 11-12 while a junior high has grades 9-10. You said the announcement was that the Sophomore Center in Rogers would either be a standard high school or a Magnet school, so I would assume the Magnet school would only include grades 11-12.

Arkansas High Schools run from 9-12. Rogers High School is about the only school system in the state the currently offers 11-12. The system has been changed to 9-12 for the 2008 school year.

I said the current sophomore center would be considered for a Magnet high school. So, the system will be 9-12 if the Magnet school system is implimented.

Also, the Adult Wellness Center officially opened today. The 55,000 sq. foot facility is located off Dixeland and Persimmon, near Oakdale Jr. High. The $ 6. 9-million facility, for people 50 years and older, features two swimming pools, a workout room with cardiovascular machines, a library and a full-size basketball court and a bunch of other stuff.

Based on what I understand about Arkansas schools a high school only has grades 11-12 while a junior high has grades 9-10. You said the announcement was that the Sophomore Center in Rogers would either be a standard high school or a Magnet school, so I would assume the Magnet school would only include grades 11-12. In St. Petersburg, FL the Magnet school system runs K-12, so by the time the students graduate they're more than ready for the Juilliard School then Broadway. Students awarded the Magnet grant stay in the Magnet system as long as their grades are within acceptable range. My nephew just called me today and he's now in Gibbs High School in St. Pete and is one of the most highly recognized students in St. Pete's Magnet system. He's on the path to a great career in the arts and it is exciting that NWA may start a Magnet system... that is if NWA officials don't screw it up!

There are a number of different ways to do it. Some places use high schools that are 9-12, some 10-12. NLR splits its high school between two campus. Middle schools are usually 6-8, Jr Highs 7-9 but there are variations on that as well.

Magnets can be good or meaningless. If Rogers gets a magnet an Arts and Science focus like Little Rock Parkview would be a good way to go. I think that would ensure it has a different focus and doesn't terribly hurt the other schools.

There are a number of different ways to do it. Some places use high schools that are 9-12, some 10-12. NLR splits its high school between two campus. Middle schools are usually 6-8, Jr Highs 7-9 but there are variations on that as well.

Magnets can be good or meaningless. If Rogers gets a magnet an Arts and Science focus like Little Rock Parkview would be a good way to go. I think that would ensure it has a different focus and doesn't terribly hurt the other schools.

Yes, but the majority use the 9-12 system. I agree with MasonsDad that they should either turn a few elementary schools into magnet schools or build new one's. That way, the high school can build up large classes of students interested in the magnet school system and continue their education at the Magnet High.