Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

So is it a NU development, or just an odd denser neighorhood.

Not really sure, drove by there today. I think it is just a dense neighborhood. More houses on smaller lots. 1/4 acre is pretty much the standard in Benton Co. with mid range neighborhoods. Keeps the value down to 200K-250K. A much more marketable house. That can make it seem NU. However, I don't think it can be considered NU unless you consider you should be able to walk to Pinnacle. That's the whole concept of NU, right? Access to facilities, thereby limiting the need to travel for basic needs. I don't think that is there intention.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm...why do you think it was more relevant to Rogers? Anyway that's the bad thing with the activity on here. I'm pretty sure there's a topic just dealing with the Skyline Report. But I know it's a bit frustrating finding topics.

Well I guess Rogers and Bentonville have the most overbuilding. Rogers had a quite a lower vancancy rate on multifamily residencies than before (4.7%)yet a much higher rate of vacancy on office space (20.4% - most ever on report).

Okay folks, I just wanted to let you know that contrary to what you may read in today's paper, the folks working on the Arena Project in Rogers HAVE NOT SUBMITTED ANY PLANS to the Rogers Planning Office. Their attorney stated that they had submitted in the paper, but this is false. They did send us some (poorly done) 3D renderings of what the arena might look like, but they were so poor I probably could duplicate them in MS Paint.

The reality of this (at least, the opinion of some of the planners) is that the information was given to try and achieve some free publicity for a project that -- and I hate to be the bearer of bad news -- seems more likely not to happen. We believe the developer may be having trouble getting financing for the project.

Okay folks, I just wanted to let you know that contrary to what you may read in today's paper, the folks working on the Arena Project in Rogers HAVE NOT SUBMITTED ANY PLANS to the Rogers Planning Office. Their attorney stated that they had submitted in the paper, but this is false. They did send us some (poorly done) 3D renderings of what the arena might look like, but they were so poor I probably could duplicate them in MS Paint.

The reality of this (at least, the opinion of some of the planners) is that the information was given to try and achieve some free publicity for a project that -- and I hate to be the bearer of bad news -- seems more likely not to happen. We believe the developer may be having trouble getting financing for the project.

Thanks for the update, even if it's bad news.

Not surprised. It was a pipe dream so I'm glad if it doesn't happen, maybe when we add a few 100,000 more people to the area.

That's funny, because I was thinking along those lines when I read that article, it seemed suspicous.

Developers. Like I've said before, they are sometimes known as paid liars.

• 3 months later...

Great announcement yesterday. Daisy BB Guns will now be moving their manufacturing facility from Neosho to Rogers!! The manufacturing center will hire an additional 70 jobs for the market. Shame they had to take it from Neosho since they're desperately trying to become part of the NWA metro.

• 4 weeks later...

I was a little surprised to see no one seemed to mention that the expansion of the Embassy Suites appears to be open. Though it sounds like there's still a little work to be done. I believe I read it's now the largest suites only hotel in the state.

Wow. :w00t:

I just drove New Hope Road from below the new mall to Business 71. When you get above that hill east of the mall, that road is so wide and straight and LONG. There are also buildings going up between the mall and the crest of that hill...don't know what they are but it just makes me more intrigued to see what that area is going to look like 5 and more years from now.

Wow. :w00t:

I just drove New Hope Road from below the new mall to Business 71. When you get above that hill east of the mall, that road is so wide and straight and LONG. There are also buildings going up between the mall and the crest of that hill...don't know what they are but it just makes me more intrigued to see what that area is going to look like 5 and more years from now.

I agree. The Pinnacle Hills area is becoming quite a modern marvel of NWA with some of the widest and nicest roads in the metro.

The funny part is that nobody drives on those roads aswell. :lol:

Good point about those new roads in Pinnacle Hills like New Hope and the surrounding roads being sparsely travelled right now. What's important is that the infrastructure is being put in place for future growth, which is something lacking in NWA cities. That lack of planning for future growth has created the monstrosities of North College, Joyce and Hwy 412 in Washington County and Southeast Walton and Hwy 102 in Benton County. Those major arteries should have been widened 10 years ago before all this growth got out of control.

• 4 weeks later...

How about a 250 foot cross?

Why be pikers? Let's honor Him with a 500 foot one...I'll make whatever donation I can.

Now, on a different note, did anyone see where the expo center in Rogers on Walnut has been purchased for 2 million (it appraised at 4)? As much as I hate to see "corrections" happen in the real estate market there are lots of opportunities, and the paper seemed to hint that this might, just might be the location for the rumored Incredible Pizza Company in NWA.

Why be pikers? Let's honor Him with a 500 foot one...I'll make whatever donation I can.

Now, on a different note, did anyone see where the expo center in Rogers on Walnut has been purchased for 2 million (it appraised at 4)? As much as I hate to see "corrections" happen in the real estate market there are lots of opportunities, and the paper seemed to hint that this might, just might be the location for the rumored Incredible Pizza Company in NWA.

OR, (crazy idea, I know), you could take that money that it would have taken to build a huge cross and give it to people who are STARVING! I dunno, just seems like something Jesus would have done...

OR, (crazy idea, I know), you could take that money that it would have taken to build a huge cross and give it to people who are STARVING! I dunno, just seems like something Jesus would have done...

CellarDoor,

1. Indeed, we're blessed enough to give money to both around here, amply, if we so please.

2. If I gave money to either, most of us would rather do it discretely...we're not looking for credit.

I'm going to be a little blunt and will no doubt get bitten for it, but it is a fact, well-documented even in the news, that people of faith give more to charities of all sorts, including for the hungry, than most of those who put people of faith down.

So! Granite City seems to be coming along well! :)