Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

Hank's Fine Furniture purchased the property and is consolidating it's Fayetteville and Bentonville stores into this location. It will be a 100,000 sf building.

Thanks for the information. That will be larger than I thought.

It also means another large empty building on Joyce Bvld. in Fayetteville to go along with the old Circuit City building. That store was built just a few years ago - the furniture business must be suffering along with the rest of the the housing related industries.

• 2 months later...

Project is dead. Bill Schwyhart was the owner and has filed multiple bankruptcies.

Oh, my bad! Thats to sad, but I guess its a good thing, like NWA needs anymore mixed use developments. But it did look good.

Speaking of Pinnacle Hills area, has there been any news. Seems like the "Billion Dollar Mile" is kind of dead right now.

Oh, my bad! Thats to sad, but I guess its a good thing, like NWA needs anymore mixed use developments. But it did look good.

Speaking of Pinnacle Hills area, has there been any news. Seems like the "Billion Dollar Mile" is kind of dead right now.

It has been pretty slow lately, but I guess that's to be expected. Fast Lane, the new Hank's furniture, the new Neighborhood Market, and now Academy Sports are the only big additions to the area I'm aware of in the last few years.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

They finally finished fixing all the intersections in downtown rogers just in time for frisco fest this weekend it looks really nice plus they uncovered like 2 blocks of brick road on walnut that had been previously covered by asphalt.

Thanks for the updates. :thumbsup:

They finally finished fixing all the intersections in downtown rogers just in time for frisco fest this weekend it looks really nice plus they uncovered like 2 blocks of brick road on walnut that had been previously covered by asphalt.

I've drove on those two blocks- don't know if it is a good idea to have a road like that as the main drag into the downtown area that you are wanting to attract people to. I know it is a quaint idea to have brick roads but they aren't conducive to a smooth ride and may have the opposite effect.

Academy sports and outdoors is now opened if anyone wants to know

I heard something about that. At first I thought it was taking the former outdoors shop location. But I got the impression it's in that area but not the same location. I know Academy Sports has had a presence in other parts of the state.

Village on the Creeks has been sold for $22.25 Mil. Arvest sold it to Devereux Management Company. With all the other more recent development that's happened I think Village on the Creeks sometimes gets overlooked. But it's in a pretty nice location, in the same vicinity of a lot of the more recent development.

Village on the Creeks has been sold for $22.25 Mil. Arvest sold it to Devereux Management Company. With all the other more recent development that's happened I think Village on the Creeks sometimes gets overlooked. But it's in a pretty nice location, in the same vicinity of a lot of the more recent development.

That seems like a very low price- Arvest must have really wanted to get rid of it.

That seems like a very low price- Arvest must have really wanted to get rid of it.

It's not a low price for what was there. It is a good deal for Arvest and for the buyer. There is considerable deferred maintenance and other cash that will have to be pumped into the development to get it back up to par.

That being said, Arvest did want to get rid of it.

Yeah the article I read said holding on to the property doesn't really do the bank any good. Developments tend to not look good on the books and be a bit of a drain to the bank. The bank would rather just sell it off. But as mentioned there does need to be some work done on it. It's been around a while. But I do still think it's a good location and has a lot of potential.

It's not a low price for what was there. It is a good deal for Arvest and for the buyer. There is considerable deferred maintenance and other cash that will have to be pumped into the development to get it back up to par.

That being said, Arvest did want to get rid of it.

Agreed. It's only "low" if you compare it to the prices things were going for over there when things got really out of hand several years back. If the property were truly worth more than that, Arvest would have gotten more out of it (even if they were ready to drop it like a hot rock, haha). As it stands now, I'm just glad to see a local group pick up a distressed property in the area instead of having be in limbo for any longer.

Yes, I do remember that a lot of previous tenants saying that the property wasn't being maintained properly. Still, it is valued about $3 million more than that on the tax roles and is in a premier location in NWA.

Wow- there are people making some low ball deals right now that in the years to come will pay off big time. The old saying about it takes money to make money has never been more true than now. If you have the extra cash and invest wisely now .........

• 1 month later...

Looks like Ross Dress for Less has leased the former Linens N Things at Scottsdale Center. This is a great national retailer, and is a much better backfill tenant than what has been taking other big box spaces, specifically thrift stores and churches. Ross will provide tax dollars.

Also, looks like Firehouse Subs is taking space near the new TCBY and Qdoba south of the New Hope/Promenade intersection.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/nov/02/ross-firehouse-opening-rogers/?nwa-rogers