Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

I cant wait to see what the OldWIre/Arkansas Ave/1st/Monte Ne road improvements end up like. Not only are some ugly buildings gone, but any way to get thru that part of town faster will be an improvement.

I will miss the traffic parking lot at Veterans on the 4th of July, but i bet that will still be a madhouse.

Glad to see Akins coming.  Despite having three health food stores in the Rogers/Bentonville region, I have been unable to get any of them to bring in some popular items we use that I know others would also buy.  Akins carries most of those in their Springfield, MO store, so they should have them.

71b/Olrich is a horrible intersection with all the bad truck drivers. Sometimes I thinkTyson has a button to change the Stop-Light there.

More than just a few times i sat on 71B for what felt like 10 minutes with nobody on Olrich, then all of a sudden a truck comes on thru from Tyson, then the light changes.

There are many stoplights in Rogers that are not timed well at all. It seems to me that all the other cities have it figured out pretty good.

Scottsdale Center is kind of a weird location for Health Food. 

• 3 weeks later...

Too high. I'm a mom who bought season tickets to White Water in Branson last year, and was really looking forward to the opening of this park. We were thinking prices would be similar to those of the Springdale aquatic center (which were, I believe more like $6 or $8, can't remember exactly). I think we can add on White Water to our Silver Dollar City Season passes for about $30 additional. Two visits to the Rogers Park, and we'll hit $30 . Granted, the Rogers park will be much closer and more convenient, but also smaller in scale with fewer attractions. I hope the RAC offers season passes; otherwise, we won't be visiting nearly as often as I had thought we would.

Too high. I'm a mom who bought season tickets to White Water in Branson last year, and was really looking forward to the opening of this park. We were thinking prices would be similar to those of the Springdale aquatic center (which were, I believe more like $6 or $8, can't remember exactly). I think we can add on White Water to our Silver Dollar City Season passes for about $30 additional. Two visits to the Rogers Park, and we'll hit $30 . Granted, the Rogers park will be much closer and more convenient, but also smaller in scale with fewer attractions. I hope the RAC offers season passes; otherwise, we won't be visiting nearly as often as I had thought we would.

The new coaster at SDC is getting rave reviews. Also this year, the water park at Worlds of Fun in KC is included in your admission to the dry park. Same goes for Magic Springs in Hot Springs. Both are getting new additions

I have apprehensions about a city getting into something thats normally been the domain of commercial operations. It's kinda a tweener. incredible for a parks department but basic compared to for profit operations. It's a Whitewater from the mid 80's san the wave pool. Kansas City has two hotels with water parks. Coco Key Holiday Inn by the stadiums and Great Wolf over on the Kansas side by the speedway. And if you haven't seen the Schitterbahn outdoor water park out by the speedway, it's already something else and it's only about half done in their staged plans.

I think Rogers didn't want to offer season passes because they fear that the expected crowds may have shut some pass holders out and they eventually want to offer them once they get a feel for crowds and such.

Edited by TRB

I think the price is too high in regards to being the only Public Aquatic Center for Rogers. I don't think the price is too high to keep crowds down, but that can be viewed as a greedy tactic. I might visit it a few times a season for 12 a pop, to get my feet wet. If it were too crowded, I wouldn't return.

I do think Rogers residents should get a break on price, or should be the only ones eventually with a Season Pass option.

Ultimately if the voting to decide on this water park included the price per visit expected by Rogers residents now, I doubt the measure would have passed.

• 1 month later...

let us know what you hear.

Cheesecake got back to me and replied that they're always looking at locations to expand. Nothing from iPic.

Someone will mention population numbers... Seems like there are companies already in this immediate area that have similar guidelines. If Kansas City gets an Ikea, then we should be able to get a Cheesecake Factory..

I wish we could get an ikea.

Edited by Rory12

Cross posted, but I contacted Longhorn Steakhouse about future construction. This is what I received back.

Dear Ms. [name removed],

Thank you for your interest in LongHorn.

At this time, we do not have a location in or near Rogers, AR, and no information to share about plans for a new restaurant in the area. LongHorn Steakhouse continues to grow, and our real estate team is constantly looking for sites across the country. Your suggestion will be shared with those responsible for site selection.

To find other locations, you may use our restaurant locator on our web site at www.longhornsteakhouse.com. Simply type in a city and state (or province), or the zip or postal code, and a list of nearby locations will be displayed. If no locations are displayed then there are no locations near your search point at this time.

We appreciate the time you took to contact us.

Sincerely,

Wanda

LongHorn Steakhouse Guest Relations

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what is being built on Walnut near the "school of Rock"?

is the frozen custard place not going to open in Scottsdale Center?

I noticed some work is being done in the old Georges Flowers in downtown Rogers. Maybe a liquor store hopeful site?

Next to school of Rock is MyDentist.

I don't think a premium outlet center will happen around here. I was at the redone Opry Mills last summer and it was quite the monster with a Bass Pro and two of Landry Corps theme restuarants Aquarium and Rainforest Cafe. Too close to Branson for Rogers though.

Mm, Landry's. I've seen so much growth in Rogers over the past few months, that it'd be nice to see some big things come here. It's frustrating.

Landry's is even dabbling in things other than restaurants, down in their home base area, they have opened up two entertainment districts called Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston Pleasure Pier, Google them.