Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another Casey's going in at the SW corner of Hudson & Dixieland.  Try their pizza... and yes, their gas station pizza isn't bad!

Man..remember when White Oak Station once looked so strong?  (This new Casey's will be going in across from the White Oak White Hawk convenience store.)

• 3 weeks later...

Man..remember when White Oak Station once looked so strong?  (This new Casey's will be going in across from the White Oak White Hawk convenience store.)

They're just taking cues from Walmart... Crush the local people.

• 3 weeks later...

I avoid any convenience store whenever I can- the mark up is rarely worth the "convenience".  I pay for my gas at the pump and head home for the goods I bought much cheaper at WM or Harp's (both support the local economy) or other local merchants. Both of the new big boys on the local convenience store scene are experts at the "draw them in and extort them" scheme.

I'm shocked I've not seen a Walgreens or CVS with Gas. That's the seems the intent of the Walmart Express concept.

For the most part, Walgreens focus is on drugs and doesn't really want to take away from that.  A few of their stores do have car charging stations for electric cars though.

Really, that's why they have fresh clementines in their ad this morning, No, Walgreens sticks their pharmacy and drugs in the opposite corner for you, the consumer, walk to so they can sell you sundry goods from the latest holiday candy, cheap flip flops in the summer, and toys for the screaming kid and then you can get a six pack to help the experience on the way out.

• Like 1

Well then, what's their reason for not selling gas?

Really, that's why they have fresh clementines in their ad this morning, No, Walgreens sticks their pharmacy and drugs in the opposite corner for you, the consumer, walk to so they can sell you sundry goods from the latest holiday candy, cheap flip flops in the summer, and toys for the screaming kid and then you can get a six pack to help the experience on the way out.

Walgreens used to like malls. Things change. Walmart coming up with basically their model and slapping fueling stations on to them may do that. You've seen the grocery sector adding the fueling stations concept as well in certain parts of the country. It started out a few here and there by the likes of Kroger but Walmart has mainstreamed that with their Murphy partnership.

Edited by TRB

• 3 weeks later...

A WHAT going in to Rogers??:  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/feb/06/trampoline-park-developer-picks-rogers-location/

(EDIT: if this goes in where the web site address www.ryzabuv.com says it is, this will actually be in Little Flock, right at the end of Dixieland Rd.  That's been a largely quiet residential area...unusual location for this.)

Edited by KJW

A WHAT going in to Rogers??:  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/feb/06/trampoline-park-developer-picks-rogers-location/

(EDIT: if this goes in where the web site address www.ryzabuv.com says it is, this will actually be in Little Flock, right at the end of Dixieland Rd.  That's been a largely quiet residential area...unusual location for this.)

It is planned to go north of Fast Lane, in Rogers.