Rogers, Arkansas

tim2462

When NWA reaches 1,000,000+ population. I know there are other markets with less people that have a D&B, but our overall demos are lacking and we need more people to make up the difference.

That's often something that gets overlooked by a lot of people.  People simply look at population figures and wonder why some markets have certain businesses and such and why we don't.  You can have a huge population base but if it happens to be mostly lower middle class and such.  That market may not have the disposable income certain businesses would require to make it feasible to move into that market.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen renderings of the new building yet...

I think the AMP will be really cool for people driving by at night during a concert. I hope there isn't a big old barrier.

Big old Barrier? The building is right up on the road.

Regarding the new tower, it is 9 stories and mostly glass, with a brick base and brick on the corners. It is curved and modern, similar to most of Core's current work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mith,

Since you're one of those who've been here the longest: read something sobering (in a good way) in today's ArDemGaz.

It was an editorial, I believe, and it said that Sen. John Boozman, when he suffered his aortic rupture this week, couldn't have had the cardiovascular surgery in Rogers he received (that surely saved his life) a scant 12 years ago (when we moved here) in NWA.  It said that even though time was of the essence, he likely could have been flown to a different city for care, but the choice was made to stay here.

That's change we can live with indeed.

The same article also said that NWA's congressman, Rep. Steve Womack (of Rogers, appropriately) is moving with the highest of "movers and shakers" within his party.  Not sure I'm that happy about that (I'm more conservative than said "movers and shakers" seem to be) but that is NOT something I'll discuss here...rather, interesting how well he's apparently thought of after only a few terms in congress.

The best news is about Sen. Boozman's care.  With the medical school set to open in FSM in a few years and NWA surely going (well) beyond 500,000 after this summer, medical care will get better.  The interesting thing will be to see whether Rogers or Fayetteville (or perhaps Springdale) are the center of that field in NWA.  Most important thing, though, is that the medical care options are increasing.

With the medical school set to open in FSM in a few years and NWA surely going (well) beyond 500,000 after this summer, medical care will get better.  The interesting thing will be to see whether Rogers or Fayetteville (or perhaps Springdale) are the center of that field in NWA.  Most important thing, though, is that the medical care options are increasing.

Yeah, I'm not sure one NWA city will be able to distance themselves from the others in a significant way as far as medical care goes.  Not sure if it's something most have really thought about.  But it's an interesting thought.

• 3 weeks later...